Sponsored

LIMP MODE WHILE OUT FOR A DRIVE IN THE COUNTRY

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I was out for a " spirited " drive this morning on a country road in my gt350 tech pack model... My speed was up there between 60-100 mph...
Now I've been in B.C. and I don't recall any roads with a 160 kph speed limit, eh? Sure you weren't in Mexico?

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
I could have cancelled my order and waited for a 2017 however everything i read said the limp mode was only a problem on the track. Ive had my car for exactly one week and have had a great time driving all around British Columbia as we have some spectacular winding mountain roads.Today was the warmest day at 70 degrees which is nothing compared to whats coming up. I live in one of the hottest cities in Canada. It hits 100-114 degrees here for most of the summer which has me concerned. I hope the ford folks read these threads and are working on something as I bought this car to have fun on the road...not the track
With the engine blowing up issues... expect this thread to be deleted.:shrug:

ikesgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2014 F150, 65 & 66 Mustang Fastbacks
If this happens on a spirited drive(Not track), I demand Ford install these coolers at their expense!
Happened to me and 3 other tech cars on a track 15 minutes into the second session. 1 track car had no problems. Another Mustang GT had No problems either.

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I went on a pretty spirited drive last week, hard G's on corners, up hill and down hill through CA canyons and wine country. Didn't have anything happen to me but was worried at some points. Did you notice any of your temps when it happened?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Because of a single isolated incident with an unknown cause? :tsk:
No one wants to see a thread like this pop up, period. Things happen, and hopefully it is just an isolated case.

OP
OP

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Now I've been in B.C. and I don't recall any roads with a 160 kph speed limit, eh? Sure you weren't in Mexico?
The police were actually just just at my door to let me know that as well. I have several videos now of this car hauling ass on several twisty roads rally style with co-pilot giving directions and keeping an eye open for deer , ten speeders etc.The cop who came to my door had probably just looked up my diving record which is accident free/ flawless and starts in 1980. He said "I have a gt500 and I understand you wanna try this baby out so just dont let one of us see you and play safe out there. Very cool guy and Im taking it easy from here on.Dont feel like getting my car impounded.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
The police were actually just just at my door to let me know that as well. I have several videos now of this car hauling ass on several twisty roads rally style with co-pilot giving directions and keeping an eye open for deer , ten speeders etc.The cop who came to my door had probably just looked up my diving record which is accident free/ flawless and starts in 1980. He said "I have a gt500 and I understand you wanna try this baby out so just dont let one of us see you and play safe out there. Very cool guy and Im taking it easy from here on.Dont feel like getting my car impounded.
This sounds like some really intense driving for the street and how did the cops track you to your house?

Sponsored
OP
OP

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I went on a pretty spirited drive last week, hard G's on corners, up hill and down hill through CA canyons and wine country. Didn't have anything happen to me but was worried at some points. Did you notice any of your temps when it happened?
No . Kind of kicking myself for not recording them. I was kind of in shock that it happened.I am going to the dealer to get it on the diagnostic computer and see what it says before drawing any conclusions.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
No one wants to see a thread like this pop up, period. Things happen, and hopefully it is just an isolated case.
Are you gonna keep repeating that every single time someone reports going into limp mode whether it's at the track or on the road. :shrug:

Their are many known cases that have been documented here in these forums many times, so stop pretending they're isolated cases.

Their are issues with base/tech cars overheating period.

I'll be a happy camper when/if Ford offers somekind of cooler kit for base/tech owners, and in case you're wondering i'll be glad to pay for it since i choose to buy a base car.

End of story

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
60-100 and 3rd 4th and 5th? Maybe you were in too high of a gear for those long inclines? Careful not to load it up at too low of an RPM. 1st goes to almost 60. I'd think your spirited driving would be better in 2nd and 3rd with a tip into 4th?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
OK, going into limp mode on the street is not acceptable. I have faith though that Ford will take care of us

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
OK, going into limp mode on the street is not acceptable. I have faith though that Ford will take care of us
Hello Tim, have you heard anything new from FP on somekind of fix for this ? :shrug:
Thanks
Sponsored