Sponsored

Lights behaviour in euro-spec Mustang

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
If LEDs are not physically present, I would prefer to buy US headlights rather than opening them, due to possible moisture/shield issues.

Furthermore you 'll loose warranty FOR SURE!

That's grand for a LHD but won't work for anyone in the UK as the light beam will project the wrong way and dazzle oncoming traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ops.....forgot that you have one more problem than rest of europe. :shrug:

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Ops.....forgot that you have one more problem than rest of europe. :shrug:

Lol we have enough issues just by being different!!

Plus even if you change them the car won't comply with DRL regs and will lead to police issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Feedback I got from the Lighting firm:

Ford did not physically put LEDs inside of the headlights- they are blank. We actually have a few dozen pairs of the European headlights.

Our custom S550 Mustang headlights will work on EU models. We do not have a solution for tails yet.

I've now requested price for a pair with Tri-bar always on in White LED and sequential turn signal.

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot

Ford did not physically put LEDs inside of the headlights- they are blank. We actually have a few dozen pairs of the European headlights.

Our custom S550 Mustang headlights will work on EU models. We do not have a solution for tails yet.

I've now requested price for a pair with Tri-bar always on in White LED and sequential turn signal.
Thanks Untamed...please, let us know the price for headlights.

Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plus even if you change them the car won't comply with DRL regs and will lead to police issues.

There are HUGE MORE chances to meet DINOSAUR on roads, than stopping you a greek policeman asking about the DRL tribars! :D :lol::lol::lol:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Could you ask them if they accept swap + something?

This would be much more cost effective for us !

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Could you ask them if they accept swap + something?

This would be much more cost effective for us !
Hope you don't have to send yours first :eyebulge::D...

Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who is that company? Any link?

Edit: just found at another thread.

Last edited:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
could you repost for those of us that can't figure out the search engine? :D

garage34

Garage34
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.garage34.tokyo
First Name
Hakan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 50 years anniversary
Wait wait... I'm not blaming Ford for anything. They have a very very small portion of guilt here, maybe they are cheap-o like all companies and try to make as much profit as possible, but that's it.
I blame the govs of all the 5738385747291 countries in Europe where Ford had to get approval from. Every country had a different request, so Ford made compromises. What annoys me is that Audi has the whole f**kin headlight wrapped in LED DRL and we can't get THREE stripes!!! That's what's bugging me...the hypocrisy. I'm sure big EU names don't really want the mustang here.
Some time ago I configured a BMW M235i and it was >55000€... I can buy a GT and still have money left to pay the taxes for 7 years.... That's hard competition if you ask me and I'd buy a Mustang over a BMW or Audi all day long(talking about cars in the price range of mustang, not R8).
So my plan is easy: they take my gills, I'll instal sequential tails. They take my hood scoops, I tune the car to 500 hp and not pay a single cent extra for emissions. Etc.

Ah edit: yes, I blame Ford for selling me something different than what I saw. Everybody is doing it ofc, but what else can a man do besides being upset about it(until the car arrives, then I'll make it my own :D)
I blame them for the lack of information. Like someone said about a game: "buy a preorder game is paying for something that doesn't even exist or hasn't even been developed yet"
So is the EU Mustang. It doesn't exist. Nobody knows what it would look like. Nobody knows the full specs... Why? Why the secret? Will I get a Fiesta? :))
you are totally right... here in Japan also we dont have that lights.. they could say in the first place..but what im gonna do.. i will ask for return some money...we dont have navigation, no DLR lights..all english (which im happy)
that lights are TRADEMARK of mustang...they should be ON and they should lower the calvin if so bright...
im working on it:headbang::headbonk::crazy:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
you are totally right... here in Japan also we dont have that lights.. they could say in the first place..but what im gonna do.. i will ask for return some money...we dont have navigation, no DLR lights..all english (which im happy)
that lights are TRADEMARK of mustang...they should be ON and they should lower the calvin if so bright...
im working on it:headbang::headbonk::crazy:
Might be fun to have a Japanese MOD on an Iconic US car to make the EU customer happy...:cheers:
Sponsored