papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I heard they were deemed not EU legal due to "location/viewing angle". Perhaps the fact that they can be seen from the side makes them illegal here?
:lol::lol::lol: :crazy:
If there is a prize for the dumbest law, this would race with the "illegal" hood vents because of pedestrian safety :D
Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
:lol::lol::lol: :crazy:
If there is a prize for the dumbest law, this would race with the "illegal" hood vents because of pedestrian safety :D
I am just hoping someone makes a version of the headlight unit that IS legal and somehow restricts the tribar 'beam' so it 'points forward'. If so, the stock units will probably come off immediately.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Does anybody know or have seen a 'grey US import' version of the car in Europe that did not have the front tribars disabled?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I don't think they need to disable front tri-bar in US import, or change the wing mirrors, probably because they get approval in Germany and those silly requests are from another country.
Ford perhaps needs to have approval in every country so they keep these features at the common minimum.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Is that the purpose of the DRL's in Europe?
I've no idea, I'm just trying to get into the mindset of our leaders who come up with all these daft laws :D

Like the big door mirrors. What's the point of a bigger mirror when the majority of idiots on our roads don't appear to use them.

Yes I'm talking to prat who didn't indicate or look when they suddenly swerved into my lane late last night on the A2.

The whole business of DRLs and lights that must be seen from the side have made the front of new cars look really messy and ugly in my opinion, and along with the big mirrors, costing a fortune to replace or repair.

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
One advantage of the bigger mirrors is that they are power-folding - that isn't available in the US at all. And since the rear visibility isn't the "best" (especially in the convertible) then I for one am happy to have them!

And Ford really should sort out and explain this DRL / tri-bar nonsense - once the Euro spec cars arrive I guess we will "know" at last - only a few more weeks to go!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
One advantage of the bigger mirrors is that they are power-folding - that isn't available in the US at all.
True, but they don't need to be big to have power-folding feature :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I assume these are the DRLs......

Seems tri-bar DRLs are good enough for the new S-Max!!

Sponsored

Madmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mercedes c250
Just wondering how non functioning tri - bars will be judged at a UK MOT in 3 years time? Bit disillusioned, black eco boost on order.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'm 99% sure that isn't a euro spec car. Ran a ved check on the UK plate and there no info for co2 and no type approval. Exactly what shows on a usa import.
Looks like a Euro to me. White rear lights, small DRLs, no hood vents, faux rear gas cap with the GT emblem and big mirrors.

Same car that appeared in the German car magazine.

Not sure why the previous poster said that we will see stuff that we would not expect in that French video.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why the previous poster said that we will see stuff that we would not expect in that French video.
Because of the led tri-bar disabled and fog lights used asd DRLs..

Last edited:
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Different lights behaviour in these photos from Carscoops (thanks Topnotch for posting this link): http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/europe-this-is-your-2015-ford-mustang.html

altough the first photo has the led tri-bar on (does not seems to be only headlights reflections), all other photos have only parking lights on, with or without main headlights, and fog lights always off!

Sponsored