Sponsored

Let's Talk About Premium Gas Prices

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
I'm fortunate to live in NC where premium = 93, NOT 91 octane. I'm close enough to the SC border to enjoy their lower gas taxes which can save $0.20/gal.

Now I know how moonshiners feel hauling over the state line. I have (4) x 5 gallon cans I usually drag along. I fill up the "other" car that remains at home with cheaper SC gas.

Some of you have mentioned as much as $0.90 delta between regular and premium. Any chance the premium is that much higher due to being pure gas rather than 90/10?

This site has helped me find the pure gasoline in my area. Good for the small engines.
http://www.pure-gas.org/
Sponsored

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Yea, it's usually ~50 cents more where I live. I deal with it though. But what's more annoying to me, is that pretty much all gas stations stopped displaying their 93 octane price on their big price sign. You don't know the actual price until you drive up to the pump.
I hate that! I quit going to a local Shell station after pulling in and finding a difference of 70cents between regular and 93.

You guys should try the non-US prices. Over here we are paying around $5.22 per US gallon for standard unleaded and around $5.50 for higher end stuff.

I get through ÂŁ60 per week doing a 240 mile week in the UK averaging around 16mpg in the US...

I wish we had fuel at your prices lol
It sounds like your gas is only a little more expensive than ours, it's the tax that hurts. I guess it's all the same when you're swiping your card at the pump. Do you pay a VAT on top of that, or is it included?