Sponsored

January 2016 Mustang Sales

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
To be fair, Ford has seriously limited the options on the V6, and detuned the car to give the ecoboost the peak hp advantage. For a very small price increase one can get a much better equipped ecoboost than a very basic v6.
Yah it's shame that the V6 purists get screwed over.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Wonder how that 7580 Mustangs break out by engine iterations? What percentage of Mustangs are sold with that "Rodney Dangerfield- Get No Respect" Cyclone motor?
For '15, the ratio was roughly 50% GT, 25% Ecoboost, and 25% 6 banger. I'm sure rental car fleet sales make up a huge percentage of the 6 banger sales. The fact that there's not really any performance options or even nice trims available on the V6 probably does limit individual sales. I would say that most of the 6's I've spotted in the wild are obviously rental cars (just look for the barcodes on the windows ;) ).

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Mustang Wins in January as Camaro Sales Remain Slow

January Sales
In January 2016, Ford sold 7,580 examples of the Mustang, making it the bestselling muscle car for the 15th straight month.

Even with a 3rd shift. The Chevrolet Camaro was a distant second once again, with only 5,551 units sold last month. This is an improvement of 560 units,

Finally, the Dodge Challenger was once again the 3rd bestselling muscle car, but with 5,085 units sold last month, it was the best January ever for the modern Mopar muscle car. Even with the huge push for the Hellcat models early last year, 2016 has started off better than any prior year for the Challenger.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Down Under the 'Stang sales are 90% for the GT, 10% for the EB. The V6 isn't an option. ANd our gas prices for premium are about $4.80 per gallon

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
For whatever reason, GM is still not running at full production capacity on the new Camaros. It's been a couple of months since local dealers have had one delivered. :crazy:

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For whatever reason, GM is still not running at full production capacity on the new Camaros. It's been a couple of months since local dealers have had one delivered. :crazy:
The problem is, from a side view, the 2016 Camaro still looks exactly like the 2015 model. It also has the same problem as the last model with poor visibility unless you buy a convertable.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
The problem is, from a side view, the 2016 Camaro still looks exactly like the 2015 model. It also has the same problem as the last model with poor visibility unless you buy a convertable.
That literally has nothing to do with the current production constraints.

Sponsored

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That literally has nothing to do with the current production constraints.
I was told that Chevy added a 3rd shift last month. Ford didn't have that problem when they brought out there new model last year. Beside I heard that excuse last month on this website.:shrug:

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
I still havent even seen a SS camaro sitting out at a dealer ship yet. Wait until they have more than 1-2.
Sponsored