Sponsored

Introducing HR278

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Congrats on the R. Very tastefully done. Great pics. Kudos to AG.

OP
OP

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Beautiful. My other favorite color scheme along with black on black/red striping. Which brand rollbar is that?
Edit: Looks like a Watson- any install pics or info?
Yes, Watson Racing cage. I have some install pics. I need to pull them off my cell phone and I'll post them.

Beautiful and nice looking set of street wheels on that race car! Might look good with some of those colored lugs.
I'm looking at the Kics R40 lugs. Not sure about the red cap though. Even with R40's, the rears might still be completely inset and the fronts will still show a lot of thread. No way around that without replacing the studs -- something I can't do if I want to switch back to CF wheels for track events.
So the color in the rears might be lost, and I'm not sure how the color in the front will complement the wheels. I'm still thinking about it though. Kind of leaning in favor of the red caps...just not totally sure yet.

Are those wheels exactly R-spec? Tire sizes? Thanks!
Yes they are R spec wheels. 11.0 inch with 305-30-19 front, 11.5 inch with 325-30-19 rear. The 325's are only 0.1 inch taller than the original 315's. So the 325's will work just fine without looking to wide or screwing up wheel speeds.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Thanks! I figured they were 325s in the rear - 315 seems like a really odd size for some reason - not many options.

I'm about to buy the same tires for my R but I'm going to go ahead and mount them to the CF wheels. Sadly, at the rate I'm going, I'll spend these SC2s on the street before I make it to a track. Since I'll likely continue to enjoy the R on the street, I intend to sell the SC2s and just run PS4S, same sizes as yours. If I find time to make it to the track soon, I'll worry about the tires at that point. ;)

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Congrats on the Car. :cheers:

Absolutely Beautiful.

Avalanche was my 2nd choice for my R (a very close 2nd). But ended up with OW and black roof, stripe-less. But man that looks good! :headbang:

Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Beautiful car, congratulations!

If you are the same Pencil Geek, I remember reading a lot of very informative posts over at M3Forums or M3Post back around 2008-2010 when I had my E92 M3. Looks like we both found the dark side ... Cheers!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Outstanding looking R model young fellow and really like the wheel and tire combination as well and happy that everything worked out for you in the end!

;)

OP
OP

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car, congratulations!

If you are the same Pencil Geek, I remember reading a lot of very informative posts over at M3Forums or M3Post back around 2008-2010 when I had my E92 M3. Looks like we both found the dark side ... Cheers!
Thanks! Yes, I'm the same PG, and "regular guy" over there too (e.g. M3 Bearing Wiki thread). I still own my M3, but taking it in a different direction. I'm getting ready to build a FPC version of the S65 motor. I already have the custom parts made...just waiting to sell my supercharged engine to free up some cash for the project. I'm real close on a deal to sell it, so hopefully the FPC S65 engine project will get kicked off real soon.

OP
OP

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Outstanding looking R model young fellow and really like the wheel and tire combination as well and happy that everything worked out for you in the end!

;)
Thanks, I'm still a bit unhappy the way that all turned out, but I wasn't kidding when I said I didn't like the OW after seeing it in person. So I agree it all worked out for the best...except one thing...Northstar still hasn't refunded all of the money in US funds -- there's still a balance of $2350. They asked me for itemized receipts with exchange rates from my bank and promised to give me a final answer the next day on the refund balance. That was months ago, and they are now radio silent. Having had ample time to replay the conversations that lead up to the demise of HR115, it is pretty obvious they lied to me when they said they titled the car with my California address. If that were true, then the paperwork and owner's supplement kit wouldn't have been sent to my relative in Fort McMurray. I'm fine with the whole thing falling apart, but I'm not fine when somebody lies to me -- especially when they claimed I told them to title the car in California (I never did), and then it turns out the car was never titled in California in the first place.:shrug:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks, I'm still a bit unhappy the way that all turned out, but I wasn't kidding when I said I didn't like the OW after seeing it in person. So I agree it all worked out for the best...except one thing...Northstar still hasn't refunded all of the money in US funds -- there's still a balance of $2350. They asked me for itemized receipts with exchange rates from my bank and promised to give me a final answer the next day on the refund balance. That was months ago, and they are now radio silent. Having had ample time to replay the conversations that lead up to the demise of HR115, it is pretty obvious they lied to me when they said they titled the car with my California address. If that were true, then the paperwork and owner's supplement kit wouldn't have been sent to my relative in Fort McMurray. I'm fine with the whole thing falling apart, but I'm not fine when somebody lies to me -- especially when they claimed I told them to title the car in California (I never did), and then it turns out the car was never titled in California in the first place.:shrug:
I am happy that you got the color that suits you best as you cannot put a price on that especially if you plan to keep HR278 for quite some time.

Having said that if this dealership still owes you $2350 over this transaction that is inexcusable and suggest that you give the GM or owner of the dealership the opportunity to make this situation right and if they do not comply I would then get Ford of Canada involved and would not deal with customer service but would suggest that you work with a senior manager at Ford of Canada.

Good luck and hope that you get a timely and satisfactory resolve to this issue!

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I absolutely love this car. Can't wait to see what other fun things you add to it. Subscribed for sure :headbang:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wow, great color combo..... I'm biased because I have on order the same thing. Should be built August 28th according to ford performance.

I look forward to your roll bar/harness writeup. I'd like to do something similar to the new triple yellow R. I don't know if it's possible to do this without drilling a bunch of new holes, but if not, is do that in a heartbeat.

Congrats and very nice. I wish I had seen this sooner.
Sponsored