Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Good morning.
My car has the p0300 and p0308 codes. Been consistent and believe the intake is bad.
What are the thoughts on 2017 to 2023 coyote or gt350 intake upgrades that are in the market?
Worth it?
Ease of install and tuning?
Welcome all thoghts.

724954157.jpg
Sponsored

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
I've got a 2020 manifold and intake waiting to go onto my 2017 car over here in the UK. The general consensus over here is the intake combined with headers is worth it, but doing the intake just by itself isn't because the exhaust side is too restrictive to take advantage. We get fairly significant gains just from doing headers with a tune (thanks Ford for doing a rubbish job with the RHD engineering), I just need to pull my finger out my ass and get the intake done as I already have ARH headers and a tune. Pretty easy to install and the modifications to the vacuum system don't seem that hard either, but the car does need tuning if you do fit the manifold, although if you have a decent tuner that isn't an issue. Another thing to think about is do you rev it out enough to justify the expense of going down that route, because the 18+ manifold hits hardest at the top end. Does have pretty reasonable mid-range gains also, but most of the benefit is in the upper revs where the 15-17 manifold starts to fall off a bit. Hope this kind of helps you!

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I have a good condition 15-17 intake if you want to just put a good manifold back on and be done.
That said, I have a GT350 intake on my car, which you can install and drive with no tune at all. It won't be perfectly optimized but it will run and be fine. If you have HP tuners you can flash your car with a readily available Power Pack 3 tune from Ford and you'll be all set.

The GT350 intake has much better high rpm power than the stock 15-17 intake, at the expense of some midrange power and torque. I haven't noticed the loss in midrange power but have certainly noticed the increase in power up top. Intake choice depends how you want to use the car.

OP
OP

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
I have a good condition 15-17 intake if you want to just put a good manifold back on and be done.
That said, I have a GT350 intake on my car, which you can install and drive with no tune at all. It won't be perfectly optimized but it will run and be fine. If you have HP tuners you can flash your car with a readily available Power Pack 3 tune from Ford and you'll be all set.

The GT350 intake has much better high rpm power than the stock 15-17 intake, at the expense of some midrange power and torque. I haven't noticed the loss in midrange power but have certainly noticed the increase in power up top. Intake choice depends how you want to use the car.
Thanks for the info.
Car will be mostly track day use with some street driving.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Thanks for the info.
Car will be mostly track day use with some street driving.
If it's mostly track use, just do yourself a favor and get the Power Pack 3 from Ford Performance and be done. Get rid of the problematic 15-17 intake and get a power increase along with it. Hit up @LevittownFordParts

Sponsored

jthompson473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The roush cai is nice, installs in like 20 mins and doesnt require a tune. It comes with a sleeve that you can remove later if you do get a bigger throttle body/intake.

I run it with the sleeve in on a 93 tune. Once I pay off the suspension/wheels/tires/exhaust Ill be getting a TB/Intake mani and then removing the sleeve with a fresh tune. I wanna hear a V8 roar to 7500 RPM!!

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
or gt350 intake upgrades that are in the market?
Worth it?
Ease of install and tuning?
Welcome all thoghts.
Piecemeal this combination together if you’re a track guy.
GT350 manifold with 87mm (Soler) Throttle Body and PMAS fender well CAI, Go straight to Wengerd for Tuning.

Last edited:

Lucasd2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
@Gt6guy - is there a way to diagnose the IM as bad without fully removing it? I have the same problem in my 2015 GTPP and assume I have bad IMRC
Sponsored