Installing non active exhaust on ae car

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Whats up guys. Found a few things on the search menu, but not what i needed. I've got a 21 gtpp twister orange 6sp with active exhaust. I had a shop fabricate an h-pipe. Was very happy with the sound then, not so much anymore. Exhaust just isn't loud enough for me anymore and plus i want black tips. The main issue i have is spending $1500+ on an exhaust system that gives me just a few ponies. On my 08 bullitt, 11 brembo, and 15 gtpp i ran muffler deletes. Loved the sound. Wanting to install muffler deletes on my 21. Love the deep rumble.
side note: i always drive in drag mode. The car is just more peppy and responsive to me in that mode and plus the exhaust is the loudest. Will i be able to install the muffler delete and mount hardware somehow under the car so I can still drive in drag mode?
any answers are appreciated. Thank yall
Sponsored

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT
Absolutely! If you just exchange exhaust for exhaust and loop the connection by using a simulator like this ( https://www.grimmspeed.com/exhaust-valve-simulator/ ) I can't quite find one for GTs but I couldn't see them being diffrent. I forget there is a certian word for these but it is forsure possible.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely! If you just exchange exhaust for exhaust and loop the connection by using a simulator like this ( https://www.grimmspeed.com/exhaust-valve-simulator/ ) I can't quite find one for GTs but I couldn't see them being diffrent. I forget there is a certian word for these but it is forsure possible.
Thanks for the reply. I did see that in the search i did. Would that be the only way? I can live with a light, but i think i really need the drag mode option. lol

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT
Thanks for the reply. I did see that in the search i did. Would that be the only way? I can live with a light, but i think i really need the drag mode option. lol
It’s not going to take away the drag mode or any other actually. It will loop the connection tricking the system into thinking the valves are still there.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
It’s not going to take away the drag mode or any other actually. It will loop the connection tricking the system into thinking the valves are still there.
Thanks Lid

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just did this to my 2019 Bullitt a few days ago. I used an AWE bracket to mount the factory AE actuators underneath the car and keep them plugged into the factory AE wiring harness to prevent getting the Exhaust Mode Malfunction light on the dash.

C2B32FD3-0E40-451F-AC3D-C253152CC948.jpeg

43FD0810-C874-4A53-87AE-FB701A149809.jpeg

21E48317-837F-4779-8D5D-3F73FE1558BC.jpeg

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
I just did this to my 2019 Bullitt a few days ago. I used an AWE bracket to mount the factory AE simulators underneath the car and keep them plugged into the factory AE wiring harness to prevent getting the Exhaust Mode Malfunction light on the dash.

C2B32FD3-0E40-451F-AC3D-C253152CC948.jpeg

43FD0810-C874-4A53-87AE-FB701A149809.jpeg

21E48317-837F-4779-8D5D-3F73FE1558BC.jpeg
Nice. Was it just the one bracket? Where did you find it? Cost?
Extra: what exhaust did you put and do you like it?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nice. Was it just the one bracket? Where did you find it? Cost?
Extra: what exhaust did you put and do you like it?
Thanks. Yes, it was just the one bracket and I purchased it from CJ Pony Parts for $105. I now have a Steeda axle back exhaust on the car with straight through mufflers and the car is definitely louder than before.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Yes, it was just the one bracket and I purchased it from CJ Pony Parts for $105. I now have a Steeda axle back exhaust on the car with straight through mufflers and the car is definitely louder than before.
Thanks for the reply

Sponsored

mangosmoothie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Boolet
I removed the valved system on mine.

It will say "exhaust mode selection unavialable" on startup but I can still cycle the drive modes just fine

Some people say the car learns to ignore it after a while... worst case you can turn off ae via forescan if it REALLY bothers you. Or, as someone else said, run the dummy resistor or mount the actuators remotely

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
I removed the valved system on mine.

It will say "exhaust mode selection unavialable" on startup but I can still cycle the drive modes just fine

Some people say the car learns to ignore it after a while... worst case you can turn off ae via forescan if it REALLY bothers you. Or, as someone else said, run the dummy resistor or mount the actuators remotely
Really? That's my only worry. As long as i can still select drag mode. Thats all that matters to me. I am saying this sarcastically. I fucking hate the mod bug. You would figure after 5 mustangs i would learn

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Really? That's my only worry. As long as i can still select drag mode. Thats all that matters to me. I am saying this sarcastically. I fucking hate the mod bug. You would figure after 5 mustangs i would learn
You we’re sucked in from the moment you performed the first mod on your first Mustang. There’s no getting away from the mod-monster now. Once he bites you on the hind parts, it’s game over. You will be forever modding. I find myself constantly thinking of this song as I’m saving up for mods.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
You we’re sucked in from the moment you performed the first mod on your first Mustang. There’s no getting away from the mod-monster now. Once he bites you on the hind parts, it’s game over. You will be forever modding. I find myself constantly thinking of this song as I’m saving up for mods.

🤣 great song. Yeah my 2015 really got me. Suspension wise i had her on rails. Thank God my 21 has magnaride. Plus my 15 was putting 450 to the tire. Swore up and down my 21 would not do that. Gawd i hate lying to myself

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
Old thread but I’m looking to keep my AE open 100% of the time.. and plan to do a X mid section to ditch the reso.. I know people suggest the simulators from grimmspeed and I think AWE makes some (and they’re cheaper). If I went with the bracket route instead, I assume they’ll stay open just from the force of the air being pushed out?

guess I’ll try the simulators since if they’re unplugged while wide open, they’ll stay that way.. plus this will open the door to more affordable exhaust options later on down the road. The stock AE sounds really good when fully open. Especially for a stock regular GT. We always want more though. I wish my wallet was Corsa extreme or borla atak fat but.. it’s a little anorexic for mods of that price point at the moment

the grimmspeed ones list them for the GT350 cars but I guess the plugs are the same as the regular GT?
Sponsored