Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everybody!

So I bought a GT 350 (competition orange/track pack) a couple weeks ago, finally have it broken in at 1k miles.

To be honest, I was never into Mustangs (or even American cars for that matter), but as soon as I saw this car in orange in person, it was love at first sight. My other car, the daily driver, is a 2011 Subaru STI. So I've always been into those, but after having 2 STIs for the last 10 years (had an 05 which I sold for the 11, should've kept the 05), they've gotten outclassed and I needed something fresh for those track days. And even before those cars I had Honda's in high school. So that's why I got this. It's the complete opposite of everything I've been used to!

I just signed up for my track attack day as well, so looking forward to that.

I'm just trying to learn the car and this forum, so would appreciate any links/pointers, or if there are any must read threads here. Thanks!

-Shiraz

pics of when i bought my car:
https://twitter.com/shiraz/status/764519535290363904
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Wow...so welcome to your new addiction! You surely jumped into Mustangs at the high end of the power/fun curve. So did you buy the Competition Orange Mustang to match your snowboarding ski jacket? Or are you just getting a jump on Halloween with that speedy pumpkin? Either way...welcome aboard!

OP
OP
shiraz

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So did you buy the Competition Orange Mustang to match your snowboarding ski jacket? Or are you just getting a jump on Halloween with that speedy pumpkin? Either way...welcome aboard!
Lol thanks!! So I guess I should come clean, I have quite the obsession with the color orange, so yeah pretty much everything needs to be orange. It's something I think my wife accepted pretty early on.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Hi new and congrats!
I see your from the bay area, did you get the car from the same region? I ask because I have only heard a few getting the 350 from CA cuz its so damn expen$sive

Sponsored

OP
OP
shiraz

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I see your from the bay area, did you get the car from the same region? I ask because I have only heard a few getting the 350 from CA cuz its so damn expen$sive
Yep I actually live in San Francisco proper, so literally in the city :). I think there's alot of folks out there that will say SF, but actually live outside of it. But yeah! I had to really extend out my radius when searching for the vehicle.

I was dead set on Competition Orange, which of course means it had to be a '16. And enjoy a track day atleast once a month and autocross every other weekend, so I needed the track pack. So finding any remaining orange track packs was such a pain!! Eventually I found one outside of Anaheim. I did the haggling over email/phone. Flew down from San Francisco to Long Beach and then went over to the dealership to finish buying the car, and then drove it back north that same day lol. My only other option was Colorado or Texas if this deal fell through, so glad I ended up locking it down in the same state atleast and I didn't have to drive THAT far on the way back. So I ended up getting the car about 500 miles away south from me lol.

If I was ok with another color it would have been alot easier to find an available one, but I'm not sure of the mark up in the rest of the country. White black and magnetic GT350's are pretty easy to find in stock on showroom floors ready to go. But I've seen some go here in CA for $30k over MSRP, which is CRAZY! The average here in CA seems to be $10k over MSRP. But with some haggling I got mine much lower. I'm glad I got it in state, otherwise I would have to pay CA taxes out of pocket to bring a car in from out of state, which would have required more cash on hand.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Congrats! I love the look of Competition Orange with the black stripes! CO Track Packs are pretty rare, glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy it in good health! :cheers:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Welcome. And watch out hardly anyone can take a joke but also tons of helpful people on here and great vendors. Congrats on new beast!

***GT350***

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hi everybody!

So I bought a GT 350 (competition orange/track pack) a couple weeks ago, finally have it broken in at 1k miles.

To be honest, I was never into Mustangs (or even American cars for that matter), but as soon as I saw this car in orange in person, it was love at first sight. My other car, the daily driver, is a 2011 Subaru STI. So I've always been into those, but after having 2 STIs for the last 10 years (had an 05 which I sold for the 11, should've kept the 05), they've gotten outclassed and I needed something fresh for those track days. And even before those cars I had Honda's in high school. So that's why I got this. It's the complete opposite of everything I've been used to!

I'm just trying to learn the car and this forum, so would appreciate any links/pointers, or if there are any must read threads here. Thanks!

-Shiraz

pics of when i bought my car:
https://twitter.com/shiraz/status/764519535290363904
Similar situation like yours. Not in this order but owned----BMW M3s, M5, 740, MB E55, Porsche 911 turbo, Honda Integras, S2000, Accord, Lexus GSs...to Toyota 4-runners Limited...to 2 different STIs and Evo-10.

NOW to a Shelby GT-350, which should be arriving at our home in less than two weeks. I'm from S Cal and gave up on looking locally after being laughed at when i refuse to pay +10 ADM. Found a 16' Track Pack in the color that we really want from a small dealer in midwest. Dealer was very nice and down to earth, sent me pictures and did all they could to keep me informed.

NOPE, i've only seen a GT350 once in person, but never test driven one. I figured it's a "Shelby" and we only live once. If i don't like it, i can always sell it and get something else LOL:clap2:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yep I actually live in San Francisco proper, so literally in the city :). I think there's alot of folks out there that will say SF, but actually live outside of it. But yeah! I had to really extend out my radius when searching for the vehicle.

I was dead set on Competition Orange, which of course means it had to be a '16. And enjoy a track day atleast once a month and autocross every other weekend, so I needed the track pack. So finding any remaining orange track packs was such a pain!! Eventually I found one outside of Anaheim. I did the haggling over email/phone. Flew down from San Francisco to Long Beach and then went over to the dealership to finish buying the car, and then drove it back north that same day lol. My only other option was Colorado or Texas if this deal fell through, so glad I ended up locking it down in the same state atleast and I didn't have to drive THAT far on the way back. So I ended up getting the car about 500 miles away south from me lol.

If I was ok with another color it would have been alot easier to find an available one, but I'm not sure of the mark up in the rest of the country. White black and magnetic GT350's are pretty easy to find in stock on showroom floors ready to go. But I've seen some go here in CA for $30k over MSRP, which is CRAZY! The average here in CA seems to be $10k over MSRP. But with some haggling I got mine much lower. I'm glad I got it in state, otherwise I would have to pay CA taxes out of pocket to bring a car in from out of state, which would have required more cash on hand.

You did well on that deal in CA. I'm in San Fran quite a bit on layovers, so if I see a comp orange track pack, I'll be sure to say hello or wave at you as you drive by.

There are lots of great resources here and some very knowledgeable folks like [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION], [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION], [MENTION=22202]machsmith[/MENTION], etc. Have a look at the sticky section. There is a lot of good info there.

Congrats! I hope to see a comp orange cruising San Fran soon!

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Welcome to the CO club...I'm with you on the color selection lol

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congrats on the Orange TP. Enjoy it!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Hi everybody!

-Shiraz
pics of when i bought my car: https://twitter.com/shiraz/status/764519535290363904

Congrats! Black stripes complement the C. Orange so well! :headbang:

Enjoy, absorb and learn from that Track Attack in Utah... be a sponge. :ford:

And then just enjoy driving often and pampering regularly your 350! That's it! ;)

And a bottle of Canberra Shiraz for you! :thumbsup:

Cpweb8MVIAAQUiM.jpg

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Lol thanks!! So I guess I should come clean, I have quite the obsession with the color orange, so yeah pretty much everything needs to be orange. It's something I think my wife accepted pretty early on.
Were your other cars orange too? Don't think I've seen a STi in that color on the streets.
Sponsored