Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Haha, I was going to guess $3000! If that includes a new bumper and painting for that then not so bad.

I once got a quote to paint a primed OEM hood at $1500. Add $1200 (?) for the Ikon hood, and that's 2700. Then $600+ for clear film, maybe $170 to re-stripe it, etc. Pretty expensive for a nice hood vent, i.e. not a RaceLouvers add-on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, here is the final result before I have PPF put on. If the decal is any wider, it will impede on the lines on the hood. I think they did a pretty good job overall. It's very tough to do this decal. Could they have curved the cut more on the bottom piece of the decal to flow into the vent? Maybe. I left it up to them since they are the professionals and this is what they had to work with from Auto Design Shop where I purchased the decal from.

1000000398.jpg

1000000399.jpg

1000000400.jpg

Mjschneidy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 82 GT Track Car, 73 Stroppe Bronco
Matt looks great and thanks for sharing. Was it not possible to make the overall stripe wider and run the gloss black and orange along the side of the vent? Make the matte black as wide as the vent.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Matt looks great and thanks for sharing. Was it not possible to make the overall stripe wider and run the gloss black and orange along the side of the vent? Make the matte black as wide as the vent.
Possible? Yeah, they could widen the decal if I wanted on the measurements but it would be sitting on the two curved edges on both sides. It might not look right due to that and the orange stripes would look really off but I understand what you're wanting it to do.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well, here is the final result before I have PPF put on. If the decal is any wider, it will impede on the lines on the hood. I think they did a pretty good job overall. It's very tough to do this decal. Could they have curved the cut more on the bottom piece of the decal to flow into the vent? Maybe. I left it up to them since they are the professionals and this is what they had to work with from Auto Design Shop where I purchased the decal from.

1000000398.jpg

1000000399.jpg

1000000400.jpg
Great job. This design works really well. The lines are clean and the uniqueness of this additional vent feature, being a little wider than the stripe, draws some extra attention to it as it deserves. :clap:

Sponsored

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
I like it. Nice work, one of a kind custom, looks factory. Quite original. Good work.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I really like how this came out. I feel like the instinct is to make it wider than the vent to “disguise” it, but sometimes the actual execution turns out to be underwhelming. Instead, this looks correct.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I really like how this came out. I feel like the instinct is to make it wider than the vent to “disguise” it, but sometimes the actual execution turns out to be underwhelming. Instead, this looks correct.
Yeah, when I took it to my PPF guy, he said the same thing. The shop made the right call on where they cut it and how it runs. Either way, I'm not dissatisfied at all. Looks great to me and that's all that matters.

If someone does tackle this in the future and does the much wider decal, I'd like to see how it turns out as well.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
PPF done. Just waiting on it to cure plus my PPF guy wants to coat both pieces too.

1000000407.jpg
1000000406.jpg

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Almost done. I just picked it up from the body shop. QL-50 is installed and bumper and hood painted. I go back in two weeks for the decal.

I color matched the hood vent with the spoiler/mirrors in that anthracite like color. They perfectly matched it.
Do you happen to have a pic without the radiator cover on? Curious to see just where you mounted them.

I actually had ordered the QL-50 kit but sent it back after i found these.

https://www.pushbuttonlatches.com/hood-latches

I liked that they had a swivel mount like the GT500 has so its more self aligning. I still need to tweak my passenger side one but its almost there. Its not the prettiest install haha...but once the cover is on you cant see anything anyway.

Its also nice that they are literally half the cost of the QL-50 and they seem just as well built and still use stainless steel internals. Im just wondering now if the swivel mount is more trouble than its worth.

Did you have to somehow mount them at an angle since the latch is angled?
Sponsored