Sponsored

I test drove a '16 GTPP today! (My Thoughts)

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
How often are you at full boost and using all the power of your ST? You can't apply that sort of logic, when you have the higher horsepower trim of the model you currently own. None of us are driving around WOT every time we get in the car.
I'll give you that one, that's a good and fair retort.:cheers:

The GT350 is great, but there's no reason IMO not to buy a GT or EB or V6. I had a 2011 V6 a few years ago and I thought it was a lot of fun. My advice to the OP is to stick with what you can afford for now and make sure your finances are good. Start investing while you are young and later you will be in good shape to step up if you want. I was in my mid 40s before I bought any new car.
It's just that with the way the future of cars are going with all this technology, CAFE, auto braking and other driverless features and nonsense, I don't think I can afford to wait. Cars are going to suck going into the next decade, and I don't want to miss out on the best there will be right now.

Back on topic.

OP, you must test drive a v6. Compared to the EB, it sounds closer to the GT, engine has more linear throttle response like the GT, and fuel efficient at least as good as EB. (Also, Steeda took the DIY results of different clutch springs and marketed the perfect rate spring for just $10.)

Before dismissing the lack of Premium model, imagine upgrades on your financial schedule, e.g. Katzkin seat covers or whatever. They are even replacing the entire control console now.
Fair enough. I do like the V6, but the lack of an aftermarket hurts it in my eyes. Unfortunately, it seems not many dealers stock manual V6s, and i refuse to drive auto again. We'll see what happens.
Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I test drove a GT auto and it didn't have anywhere near as much torque down low as my car thus I didn't find it very fun to drive. Sounded great but not as fun in daily driving. Maybe it was the 3.15s but still, just because it's a GT does not mean it is the best case scenario for everyone. I'm hoping they make some changes for 2018 and then I'll see about trading
I would say the 3.15's was your problem. I've got the 3.55's with 20" wheels and my car is a blast to drive. Slap it sport+ mode and let the fun begin.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
How often are you at full boost and using all the power of your ST? You can't apply that sort of logic, when you have the higher horsepower trim of the model you currently own. None of us are driving around WOT every time we get in the car.
^This. I daily my PP (actually work in Southfield lol) and trust me you get PLENTY of opportunities to let the car stretch its legs. I daily mine because I simply can't imagine not having this level of power in my cars anymore. The times you do get to use it more than make up for all the traffic you'll sit in. I feel like down the road you'd definitely regret not going with a GT (base GT with PP and recaros can be had for low 30s new) but what do I know....as long as you're happy. If you do end up in a Mustang +1 on needing the Recaros. Theyre amazing :cheers:

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
^This. I daily my PP (actually work in Southfield lol) and trust me you get PLENTY of opportunities to let the car stretch its legs. I daily mine because I simply can't imagine not having this level of power in my cars anymore. The times you do get to use it more than make up for all the traffic you'll sit in. I feel like down the road you'd definitely regret not going with a GT (base GT with PP and recaros can be had for low 30s new) but what do I know....as long as you're happy. If you do end up in a Mustang +1 on needing the Recaros. Theyre amazing :cheers:
Nice, a local M6G member! Would it be crazy to ask you if I could sit in your car some time? I haven't found a Mustang with Recaros to sit in yet. :cheers:

Again, all of those are fair points for GT and having all that power. Honestly, I'm looking to get a base EB with Recaros, so I could do suspension and power mods myself. If I were to do a GT, it would be just Recaros so I could again, do my own suspension mods, avoid 20" wheels, and order 3.73 gears on the side. I still have plenty of time to change my mind, or for financial doors to open up, if they do. I just didn't think it would be possible to get a GT for $30k or under.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I'm pretty sure living in Southfield affords you with one of the best high speed roads in the state close by. The American Autobahn, 696.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Nice, a local M6G member! Would it be crazy to ask you if I could sit in your car some time? I haven't found a Mustang with Recaros to sit in yet. :cheers:

Again, all of those are fair points for GT and having all that power. Honestly, I'm looking to get a base EB with Recaros, so I could do suspension and power mods myself. If I were to do a GT, it would be just Recaros so I could again, do my own suspension mods, avoid 20" wheels, and order 3.73 gears on the side. I still have plenty of time to change my mind, or for financial doors to open up, if they do. I just didn't think it would be possible to get a GT for $30k or under.
definitely possible. I got my GT Premium PP for around 34 before tax. minus the cost of the PP and premium trim and i'm sure you could get one at 30. Plus, just wait until you're out of college and get a good paying job! I know it sucks, but you've got a lot of fun toys. I'm 26 and in college I had a 944 and a 280z, so I know they're tons of fun. But it was hard, but I don't regret waiting. I think the V8 will be around, and for roughly the same price for a while.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's just that with the way the future of cars are going with all this technology, CAFE, auto braking and other driverless features and nonsense, I don't think I can afford to wait. Cars are going to suck going into the next decade, and I don't want to miss out on the best there will be right now.
All good points. Just remember it won't be hard to find gently used versions of those cars, which will be a lot cheaper than new.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP

haha yea we could arrange that. I work right off 696 and telegraph. If you wanted a base GT i would be shocked if you couldn't find a slightly used one for under 30, if not a new base model. I got my base 15 PP with Recaros last August for about 33k OTD with a little negative roll ($500?) from my 2014 GT. I ended up with my CO but was also looking at a white low mileage GT for 29 at the time. I decided I would just go new, plus I wanted CO...but that was last year. Gotta believe there are some even cheaper used ones out there now.

I'm pretty sure living in Southfield affords you with one of the best high speed roads in the state close by. The American Autobahn, 696.
lmfaoo :lol: too bad they are in terrible shape

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
i think i might go in for a test drive also. What is the gripe with the transmission used in the manual gt? Ive read a few times on here that some are not happy with it, but why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i think i might go in for a test drive also. What is the gripe with the transmission used in the manual gt? Ive read a few times on here that some are not happy with it, but why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure, really. My uncle has a 13GT with the same trans and its fine at 40k miles. Mine has about 5k and its fine. It feels great to me.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
haha yea we could arrange that. I work right off 696 and telegraph. If you wanted a base GT i would be shocked if you couldn't find a slightly used one for under 30, if not a new base model. I got my base 15 PP with Recaros last August for about 33k OTD with a little negative roll ($500?) from my 2014 GT. I ended up with my CO but was also looking at a white low mileage GT for 29 at the time. I decided I would just go new, plus I wanted CO...but that was last year. Gotta believe there are some even cheaper used ones out there now.

lmfaoo :lol: too bad they are in terrible shape
Cool, I'll shoot you a PM! And isn't that the truth about the roads here!!:lol:

Also, I found nothing wrong with the transmission on my test drive. I thought it was very good, just that the clutch was too light for my tastes, but that has an easy remedy.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
FYI for the OP.

You will prob pay more for your ST on insurance than a new GT.

OP
OP
K-Roll302

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
FYI for the OP.

You will prob pay more for your ST on insurance than a new GT.
How is that even possible?? I Always thought more doors and a smaller engine meant cheaper/lower insurance?:confused:

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
How is that even possible?? I Always thought more doors and a smaller engine meant cheaper/lower insurance?:confused:
Insurance companies are interesting places, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Sponsored