Sponsored

I love my Mustang, but it is starting to get on my nerves...

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
As the title says, I absolutely love my 2015 Mustang. Saved up for it for years and finally pulled the trigger (we are not into spending a lot of money on cars...). The thing is gorgeous, has all the power that I need, and is extremely comfortable and cool to drive.

But in the past year, it has been in the shop now for 6 different issues. First was for a seat stitching issue, got it fixed and it was not a problem. Second time was for a leaking water pump (could hear a noise from one of the pullies). While it was in there, they also discovered that the AC clutch was faulted (issue number three). Fourth it had a leaking PVC valve that was dropping oil on the exhaust manifold, was blowing smoke into the passenger compartment. Thought the thing was on fire for a minute! Fifth it developed (at ~27k miles no less) a massive drive-train vibration which led them to replace the drive shaft. This has made it better but it still vibrates quite a bit at 65-80MPH. Now (less than a week after having it gone for two weeks for the drive shaft replacement) the AC has completely stopped working (pretty sure it is the AC Evaporator issue).

I was really waiting for the 36k mile mark (just north of 30k now) so I could seriously look into the PP2, but with this being the least reliable car I have ever owned at this point, I am pretty hesitant and thinking of just getting an extended warranty and keeping it stock or possibly (gasp!) getting a different car.

Ford, I have been loyal to you, have three Fords right now, but you are starting to test my patience!

[/RANT]
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah,.,..that's tough man.
Do you have a Lemon Law in your state? Either that, or just bite the bullet and trade in for a brand new 2017.
Good luck!

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is why I never buy first year model cars and why I never considered trading in for a 2018. Screw 20 or 30 extra horsepower (some of which will likely be negated by a higher curb weight) in exchange for the unpredictability of a new design.

Thankfully you are still under warranty but yeah, I would be a bit annoyed as well if I were in your shoes.

Good luck, man. I hope this will be the last of your woes for a long time.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I never buy first year model cars and why I never considered trading in for a 2018. Screw 20 or 30 extra horsepower (some of which will likely be negated by a higher curb weight) in exchange for the unpredictability of a new design.

Thankfully you are still under warranty but yeah, I would be a bit annoyed as well if I were in your shoes.

Good luck, man. I hope this will be the last of your woes for a long time.
And then I have my 2015 (built on 9/10/14 too!) which has had no issues of any sort, other than my rearview mirror has always vibrated at over 75 mph...:shrug:

I would be pretty annoyed if I had all the above issues too, but that is what warranty is for. It sucks because it tarnishes the feelings for the car.

Sponsored

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
And then I have my 2015 (built on 9/10/14 too!) which has had no issues of any sort, other than my rearview mirror has always vibrated at over 75 mph...:shrug:

I would be pretty annoyed if I had all the above issues too, but that is what warranty is for. It sucks because it tarnishes the feelings for the car.
The difference?

His was built on a dazed and confused Monday while yours was built on a Wednesday (pay day) in which the union was told that their contract negotiations had concluded in their favor. ;)

Honest. :D

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The difference?

His was built on a dazed and confused Monday while yours was built on a Wednesday (pay day) in which the union was told that their contract negotiations had concluded in their favor. ;)

Another difference is base vs premium. The more features you have on your car, the more that can break! Base gtpp ftw :headbang:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Another difference is base vs premium. The more features you have on your car, the more that can break! Base gtpp ftw :headbang:
Exactly no need to worry about seats not cooling if you don't have them to begin with :amen:

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Yeah, but only one thing (seat stitching) was a "premium" feature, and that was a 10 minute fix. The rest of the things are all shared.

chipmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT premium
Trade it in, life is short...

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I've never bought a new car that didn't go to the dealer for issues while it was under warranty. Recall or not. My Mustang has been in the shop about 5 times for few issues within 1.5 years of ownership. Isn't that what the warranty is about? They were all fixed, so even with little grief, no complaints.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've had a toe arm replaced, an exhaust midpipe replaced (driver's side leaked), a brake caliper replaced, and a couple little seal things with electrical connectors coming out on the passenger side of the engine right behind the coolant overflow peanut (because they were weeping oil). I'm very fortunate to know people who work at dealers and can have confidence the right words were said to the right people that my car is treated with respect and my modifications are not blamed for something they have nothing to do with. Still, Ford's warranty process requires A-FREAKIN-PPROVAL for a clearly defective part... AAAAAAHAHH!H!H!H!H!H!

If I get up to 120+, my car starts to vibrate. I don't know if it is the solid driveshaft I have on right now (which is coming off regardless, so I'll know soon enough) or if my aftermarket front splitter is vibrating at that speed and being felt throughout the car (I only noticed this after installing this splitter, so this has to be my first guess), or if my tires are not balanced for that speed (and given they've been abused on road courses for multiple rack days, I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted on the rim or something). But... usual driving... no issues with vibrations, thank god. I'd lose my mind.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The difference?

Actually much bigger difference is that mine was built during the ramp up to full production and before OKTB, which means it got a lot of eyes and qc checks on it before it left.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
How do you know what day of the week the car was built?

Edit: 2015 GT/PP here.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
How do you know what day of the week the car was built?

Edit: 2015 GT/PP here.
Can search by the VIN number.

Mine was made on a Thursday effectively.

Also, it's statistically a myth that cars build on certain days are better than others. I mean, literally all the hard stuff is done by machine and the vast majority of the tools used handle torque values and what not on their own. Compared to the 60's and prior, building a car on an assembly line is largely mindless. The issues come primarily from the manufacture/quality of the parts that are assembled together.

Additionally, the guy/gal who's doing the quality check at the end of the line clearly wasn't being told to send back even GT350s with panel alignment issues so... it's management.
Sponsored

Last edited: