2015 GT PP Magnetic Metallic
Looks like the 350 isn't immune to good 'ol Brembo brake dust :p
Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Is the button on the steering wheel always active..it looks like you had to scroll through the cluster menu to toggle it

if its on the wheel, then that is actually better
I'm not sure, but I believe you have to scroll through some menu(s). I don't think there's a dedicated button. There's a video somewhere on here that shows someone using it close up where you can see the info screen as he changes the sound.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

vampire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
A magazine states that switching to "Sport" mode opens the exhaust flaps,, a click of a button in the steering wheel

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Those only come with the Electronics pack for the R and the Tech pack for the non-R
Which is frustrating, I love the look of those toggle switches but I hate the leather seats! It would make more sense to me to have that exhaust switch on the track pack where it's actually needed versus the tech package. I get the reason behind offering things in packages but for a car like this it would be so much nicer to pick and choose what I want! Instead I have to go with less options (which is fine, since it is cheaper) just to get the nicer (IMO) seats! I'm mostly venting because I really like those toggle switches (I'm a flyer, they fit the aviation theme I want to go with) :lol:.

Sponsored

SILVER GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT/CS & '93 LX 5.0
A magazine states that switching to "Sport" mode opens the exhaust flaps,, a click of a button in the steering wheel
Do "base" GT350's even have the modes?

Do these modes stay put, or do you have to open up the exhaust every time you start the car?

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Do "base" GT350's even have the modes?

Do these modes stay put, or do you have to open up the exhaust every time you start the car?
I believe it resets its self every-time the car is turned off...so more than likely you would have to put the key in set the mode, then start it...my guess from what I saw...

turbo_fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Coupe
For cars without the toggle switches, yes, you have to manually open the valves with each ignition cycle.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
For cars without the toggle switches, yes, you have to manually open the valves with each ignition cycle.
This is great..... are saying if you have an R you can just flip a switch and leave it there...beautiful sounds all the time? great that is correct !!:thumbsup:

AND you can do this on the TECH package but NOT the TRACK package...strange should be the other way around...:crazy:

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
This is great..... are saying if you have an R you can just flip a switch and leave it there...beautiful sounds all the time? great that is correct !!:thumbsup:

AND you can do this on the TECH package but NOT the TRACK package...strange should be the other way around...:crazy:
I think the toggles return to a neutral position meaning you would have to switch it back after each ignition cycle. But then you have those cool switches you get to mess with each time!

Sponsored

turbo_fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Coupe
There'll be a way. Porsche utilizes a similar system, and they are easily bypassed by unplugging a connection on the engine harness.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To be sociable most people would want to leave them shut during others' sleeping hours. I wouldn't disable the system as I leave for work a little before 6 am. I know some of the neighbors are sleeping at that time.

Now on the way home - that's a different matter.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
That stinks. I hope there is a way to disable this and leave it open 24/7.
There is always a way to do this on cars that have an exhaust flap. I just needed to unplug a connector in the trunk for my 335i.
Sponsored