Sponsored

I Gave Up

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
So as the title states I have given up on purchasing a GT350. Being in Southern California the ADM on these cars are ridiculous and even though I do a inventory search on Ford.com and see that there are 65 of them within 100 miles radius but dealers..... (same story) I have even looked at used ones and the price is still hovering around $58K to $60. I know I can find deals outside of CA but the passion and desire for one has dropped. Thanks to these dealers.

So the other day I walk into my local dealer and of course they have a AG with $10K ADM and I knew this walking in but for the first time I wasn't there to see her. Sitting right next to her was a Nitrous Blue Focus RS with a manger special tag hanging from the rearview mirror reading "-$4000 Off MSRP" I always like this car but I have always been a V8 guy pledging my fight in the Pony Wars but now that fight was getting harder and more expensive. Plus back in March I bought a Ducati Panigale to quench my thirst for the track (Laguna Seca Aug 27). So to get to the point I purchased that RS. Great little car, super fun to drive and LC is really fun to use. The deal was too great to pass up, just a few months ago dealers were asking $5-8K ADM on these and many dealers still are. So with that said I wish everyone still looking for a deal on a GT350 good luck.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
So as the title states I have given up on purchasing a GT350. Being in Southern California the ADM on these cars are ridiculous and even though I do a inventory search on Ford.com and see that there are 65 of them within 100 miles radius but dealers..... (same story) I have even looked at used ones and the price is still hovering around $58K to $60. I know I can find deals outside of CA but the passion and desire for one has dropped. Thanks to these dealers.

So the other day I walk into my local dealer and of course they have a AG with $10K ADM and I knew this walking in but for the first time I wasn't there to see her. Sitting right next to her was a Nitrous Blue Focus RS with a manger special tag hanging from the rearview mirror reading "-$4000 Off MSRP" I always like this car but I have always been a V8 guy pledging my fight in the Pony Wars but now that fight was getting harder and more expensive. Plus back in March I bought a Ducati Panigale to quench my thirst for the track (Laguna Seca Aug 27). So to get to the point I purchased that RS. Great little car, super fun to drive and LC is really fun to use. The deal was too great to pass up, just a few months ago dealers were asking $5-8K ADM on these and many dealers still are. So with that said I wish everyone still looking for a deal on a GT350 good luck.
I'm glad you got a great deal on the RS. But, I don't think your passion for a GT350 was really there otherwise you would have bought one somehow someway.....

Enjoy the RS, they look like really fun cars and that is a great color.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was in a similar dilemma in '15. I wanted a GT350, but the '15 cars were the worst, in terms of ADM because of the limited production. I ordered a GT PP car instead and then had it supercharged last year. While I love the GT, particularly with the extra power, I still have a pull toward the GT350. While I still think the prices are too high, there are quite a few, low mile cars hitting the used market right now and with production pushing into '18 (4 model years), there are going to be upwards of 20K cars produced and, at least in the near term, I see prices declining.

The 350R's will likely always be premium priced but very hard to say if they will reach '05/06 GT levels of appreciation.......or ultimately depreciate. Very, very few US, factory production cars, in the last 30 years have seen real appreciation (Ford GT and Buick GNX are the only 2 that come to mind) and both were very, very low production units. Just watch any Barrett-Jackson auction and you'll see "special edition" Corvettes, Shelby GT500's, etc that were bought and put away as "investments" that sell for a fraction of their original MSRP.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Shoulda get the GT350. I swallowed $10k ADM but I'm glad I did. No regrets.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I was in a similar dilemma in '15. I wanted a GT350, but the '15 cars were the worst, in terms of ADM because of the limited production. I ordered a GT PP car instead and then had it supercharged last year. While I love the GT, particularly with the extra power, I still have a pull toward the GT350. While I still think the prices are too high, there are quite a few, low mile cars hitting the used market right now and with production pushing into '18 (4 model years), there are going to be upwards of 20K cars produced and, at least in the near term, I see prices declining.

The 350R's will likely always be premium priced but very hard to say if they will reach '05/06 GT levels of appreciation.......or ultimately depreciate. Very, very few US, factory production cars, in the last 30 years have seen real appreciation (Ford GT and Buick GNX are the only 2 that come to mind) and both were very, very low production units. Just watch any Barrett-Jackson auction and you'll see "special edition" Corvettes, Shelby GT500's, etc that were bought and put away as "investments" that sell for a fraction of their original MSRP.
Im shocked how much better the GT350 looks then a a GTPP. They are both nice looking though

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Some of us here in this forum have/had both 350 and FoRS... yes the RS is a hoot to drive especially off the track as it's so tossable... but the GT350 is an entirely different beast (e.g. much faster, just as fun, more aggressive) on the track and on wide/open roads.

On a side note, I think what also helped the 05-06 Ford GT is the exotic-ness & supercar style, etc...

I mean it wasn't just a Mustang per se. Roughly 4k made isn't that rare neither... there's going to be ~50% less total GT350-Rs made.
2005-2006_Ford_GT-numbers.JPG

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im shocked how much better the GT350 looks then a a GTPP. They are both nice looking though
I don't disagree. The styling of the GT350 makes is look almost like an entirely different car.....Ford nailed the look and put an exclusive, FPC engine on top of that....the justification for the price of entry is crystal clear. In hindsight, I wish I had waited it out but no one knew it would be a 4 year model run.....:headbonk:

I don't question what anyone does with their money = their business. I simply can't justify the up-charge over the 2K mile, 670HP GT I have in my garage......$20 - $25K is just too much for ME. If, as I suspect, GT350 used prices will begin to slide, and I can get that delta down in the $10 - $15K range, I very likely will make the leap...:shrug:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The Ford GT was a mid-engine, basically hand-built car that had a $120K+ MSRP 12 years ago.....I actually recall one locally (red with white stripe) that was marketed at $10K off.....they didn't exactly fly off Ford showrooms at that price point. Many that were bought were highly modified and many wrecked. Pristine, low mile (under 1K) examples likely number in the hundreds, not thousands, thus commanding the stratospheric pricing. A 20K mile car sells for about 1/2 what a 200 mile car sells for.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
The RS is so much fun to drive! Enjoy it man. Too bad you don't live somewhere with snowy weather as the RS would be so much fun in the snow.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For fun, looked on Autotrader today.....they list 18, used 350R's for sale (actually 17 because 1 car, listed as a R is not...and the seller is asking $72K). They range from the lowest at +/- $79K (claimed pre-production car) to one dreamer asking $250K.....several cars listed in the $80's and a couple busting over $100K asking price.......

Also looked at used 350's nationwide....+/- 250 '16/'17 GT350's for sale.....1 or 2 just under $50K but most hovering in the $55K asking range.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I don't disagree. The styling of the GT350 makes is look almost like an entirely different car.....Ford nailed the look and put an exclusive, FPC engine on top of that....the justification for the price of entry is crystal clear. In hindsight, I wish I had waited it out but no one knew it would be a 4 year model run.....:headbonk:

I don't question what anyone does with their money = their business. I simply can't justify the up-charge over the 2K mile, 670HP GT I have in my garage......$20 - $25K is just too much for ME. If, as I suspect, GT350 used prices will begin to slide, and I can get that delta down in the $10 - $15K range, I very likely will make the leap...:shrug:
Yeah if I already had a GT I dont know if I could either. Ive never driven a GT PP though. There is one that eats my lunch on the track though

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
TO bad some of you guys wouldn't mine doing a little paper work
and either fly up or have it shipped.
My local dealer has 6 or 7 at MSRP and would likely
sell you one at a bit of a deal.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

If youre basing your decisions on the amount of discount you got, I wouldve looked to the Camaro or Chevrolet family. Great cars, great discounts, and you still get a V8.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If youre basing your decisions on the amount of discount you got, I wouldve looked to the Camaro or Chevrolet family. Great cars, great discounts, and you still get a V8.
A bit harsh.......but very true....except maybe the "great cars" part......;)
They're discounted for a reason......you can still find '15 Z/28's on dealers lots.....different kind of ADM (additional dealer markdown).

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
The RS is a little sweetie. just a very different little beast than the stang.
Sponsored