Sponsored

How to clean interior after track day?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
As others have said, vacuum first, then wipe down with an interior detailer. I would avoid using a dressing for the wipe down, that mixed with the dust you are trying to remove wouldn't be ideal. Stick with an interior cleaner or detailer, something like Carpro InnerQD or P&S Xpress, or even a rinse-less wash mixed at the quick detailer ratio. A damp towel would be fine as well.

CARPRO | Inner QD Interior Quick Detailer – Car Supplies Warehouse
P&S | XPress Interior Cleaner | Car Supplies Warehouse – Car Supplies Warehouse
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine | Car Supplies Warehouse – Car Supplies Warehouse

For vacuuming, you use a soft brush in one hand and the vac in the other to get into vents and panel gaps ect.

Detail Factory - Ultra-Soft Detailing Brushes | The Rag Company

apr224.jpg

apr225.jpg
Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
In addition to the comments of others, There are times when compressed air and a leaf blower are the right tools to clean car interiors.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I thought about that.
Do you mean to use the leaf blower as a "cross wind" with open windows for whatever the compressed air makes airborne?
well, definitely have doors and windows open. You will figure it out. I intended leave blower pointed at fabric surfaces, dash, etc. to lift the dirt.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
What do you guys use to take the sheen out of leather? My steering wheel is getting a little slick

Sponsored

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
What do you guys use to take the sheen out of leather? My steering wheel is getting a little slick
A leather cleaner and patience. Followed with a light leather balm.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My favorite leather cleaners are ColourLock Strong and Mild Leather Cleaner. Both are designed safely remove a buildup of oils and dirt without harming the surface. Both of these come in a foaming dispenser, which you apply to the brush and gently scrub, then wipe clear with a towel. If the steering wheel is pretty nasty, then stick with the Strong. You will be surprised what the Strong Leather Cleaner will pull out of the steering wheel.

COLOURLOCK Mild Leather Cleaner with Sponge (carpro-us.com)
COLOURLOCK Strong Leather Cleaner (carpro-us.com)
COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Brush (carpro-us.com)

IMG-2255.jpg

IMG-2262.jpg

IMG-2247.jpg

Other than those specific products, any pH neutral interior cleaner will work fine, just DONT use All Purpose Cleaner on leather. Try P&S Xpress or Koch Chemie Pol Star, both are excellent on leather.

Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company
P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
My favorite leather cleaners are ColourLock Strong and Mild Leather Cleaner. Both are designed safely remove a buildup of oils and dirt without harming the surface. Both of these come in a foaming dispenser, which you apply to the brush and gently scrub, then wipe clear with a towel. If the steering wheel is pretty nasty, then stick with the Strong. You will be surprised what the Strong Leather Cleaner will pull out of the steering wheel.

COLOURLOCK Mild Leather Cleaner with Sponge (carpro-us.com)
COLOURLOCK Strong Leather Cleaner (carpro-us.com)
COLOURLOCK Leather Cleaning Brush (carpro-us.com)

IMG-2255.jpg

IMG-2262.jpg

IMG-2247.jpg

Other than those specific products, any pH neutral interior cleaner will work fine, just DONT use All Purpose Cleaner on leather. Try P&S Xpress or Koch Chemie Pol Star, both are excellent on leather.

Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company
P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company
Thanks. I only have 8500 miles on the car but the dealership armor all’d the steering wheel so it is pretty nasty. I think I’ll get the strong stuff.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
In addition to the comments of others, There are times when compressed air and a leaf blower are the right tools to clean car interiors.
And pressure washers..
Yes that's all mold.

20231214_133947.jpg

20231214_133944.jpg

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks. I only have 8500 miles on the car but the dealership armor all’d the steering wheel so it is pretty nasty. I think I’ll get the strong stuff.
Name and shame, no dealership should be using Armor All these days!