Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Couple days at NCM last weekend and man is my interior dusty! And it's probably mostly brake dust too.

How should I clean inside? Start with vacuum and brush head, and then wipe down with my favorite interior detailer stuff?

I'm particularly concerned with the headliner because of its rougher texture. Seems like vacuuming first is best.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Never noticed brake dust inside the car..

I really like P&S XPRESS Interior Cleaner. It foams and lifts the dirt, very easy to wipe off and leaves a nice finish with no glossy or sticky residue. You can use a soft brush to agitate it on messy areas before the wipeoff.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Thanks @tosha.
I'm really looking for tips regarding techniques rather than product recommendations.
I mean....techniques will vary based on products you'd use. There are always different ways of accomplishing the same result, I just shared what works for me.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I always vacuum as much as I can while using compressed air along with it. Then I follow up with interior products.

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I always vacuum as much as I can while using compressed air along with it. Then I follow up with interior products.
Yep I was thinking compressed air would get any loose dust out of the headliner, then vacuum it up from wherever it falls.

After that agree with the earlier post of just using your favorite interior cleaner. Honestly I usually just use Meg's APC for interior and door jambs. I'm totally aware better products exist but I've never had my interior so dirty I've needed anything stronger.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Yep I was thinking compressed air would get any loose dust out of the headliner, then vacuum it up from wherever it falls.
I would go easy on the compressed air, as it can embed the dirt deeper into your headliner. Vacuum with soft brush on it will do a better job.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

After that agree with the earlier post of just using your favorite interior cleaner. Honestly I usually just use Meg's APC for interior and door jambs. I'm totally aware better products exist but I've never had my interior so dirty I've needed anything stronger.
[/QUOTE use what your used to for products. Meguires make a good product. Headliners usually don't get a alot of dirt as gravity works with you. Most of the time its hand prints and such. As said be careful with compressed air. I use it to fluff up matted carpet with the vacuum simultaneously. Blow the dirt right into the vacuum nozzle.

Aless_andro00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
I usually grab a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to gently clean up dust and loose dirt from everything—seats, carpets, dashboard, and door panels. I make sure to get into all the crevices and seams, since that's where dust and junk tend to pile up.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I hit QUOTE instead of reply.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Damp microfiber takes care of most of my issues.

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I 100% agree with vacuuming, first. As far as the rest of the hard surface interior, if it is bad as you say, I'd recommend a gentle cleaning solution, and areate the hell out of the solution. You want a decent foam that you wipe on and in all of the cracks/crevices with a plush wash mit. Then using a compressed air nozzle to blast all of the foam and dirt into a rag. It's and old detail trick. NOT ment for headliners though.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Technique? Microfiber cloth, wipe everything down, call it a day. If your steering wheel is alcantara, then Sonox and horsehair brush, or I had really good luck with Jay Leno's interior detailer spray. Spray your chemical of choice, let it sit for a minute, then work it in with the horsehair brush. Then dab with a towel to pull the grease out.

It's just going to get dirty next time. And dust is always going to get in the headliner anyways. :like:

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Well, vacuuming really did the trick. Sucked up all the dust except where the attachment couldn't reach.

Followed by wipe down with CG Natural Shine.

All good.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP