Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Got my fix in yesterday as well, Alex.

The majority of my wheel cleaning is done with the same soap as the body but since it had been awhile, I used Brake Buster in the cannon yesterday.

sarah-bath_240505_02.jpg

I've had a bottle of Lift for awhile and decided to give it a go as she hadn't had a bath in about three weeks. Cleaning-wise, it did a fine job but the foam quality wasn't as thick as it is with Reset. Plus, unlike Reset, it created those damn "sticky little bubbles" and while they weren't as tough to rinse off as CG's Snow Foam, they still slowed the rinse down so I'll be sticking with Reset.

sarah-bath_240505_01.jpg

sarah-bath_240505_03.jpg

Got a late start and it was too dark for photography when I finished so no post wash images. However, I did want to mention something about drying the car. In my case, I use a Metrovac Max Blaster and what I wanted to mention regards the roof antenna cover and water retainment under it.

Being a '20, Sarah has the "rain drop" puck but I feel sure the same problem exists with the "shark fin." To wit, that darn thing holds a whole lot of water under it and I typically spend at least ten seconds blowing it out with the Blaster's hose nozzle right up against an edge.

Every time I dry the car, I am again amazed at just how much blows out. Talk about a perfect storm for corrosion, especially down here in hot and humid south Texas.

sarah-water-under-raindrop-antenna_240505.jpg

I mention this for anyone who either towel dries or blow dries. The towel folks absolutely, positively need to blow this area out with compressed air and the same may be true for those who use a modified leaf blower, I don't know but, I don't believe you can get close enough with a leaf blower to get all the water out.

BTW, the Metrovac is highly recommended because it not only puts out plenty of low velocity air, it's also heated.

..but I have somebody come and wash my car for me under supervision as I live in an apartment.
Pretty certain I could never tolerate having someone else wash the Mustang, Brett, but I wouldn't have a problem if the wash was for either of the other two vehicles (under supervision, of course.) <grin>

Yes, I can't stand the California Duster, aka the Scratch O matic 5000 :)
Good one, Alex! <grin> Never owned one but that's a perfect moniker for the damn thing.

My favorite thing was the “it cleans better as it gets dirtier.
When I saw one the first time in a store, I remember laughing at that ridiculous claim too, Brett. :=)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Believe it or not, but my '15 has been washed twice in the nine years I've owned it. Once after I took delivery, and once after I got caught in the rain on the return trip to a roll-in. Otherwise it's car dusters and detail sprays, and it still looks like new other than a few rock chips.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've had a bottle of Lift for awhile and decided to give it a go as she hadn't had a bath in about three weeks. Cleaning-wise, it did a fine job but the foam quality wasn't as thick as it is with Reset.
Hey KB. Just an FYI with Lift, it’s designed to be less thick than Reset. It’s more of a grab the dirt off the car and pull it down to the ground kind of foam. It’s a good soap to refresh a coating with or if you’ve got a lot of traffic film/dirt and muck you want off the car with an initial foam/rinse. It’s a higher pH as well I believe.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Got my fix in yesterday as well, Alex.

The majority of my wheel cleaning is done with the same soap as the body but since it had been awhile, I used Brake Buster in the cannon yesterday.

sarah-bath_240505_02.jpg

I've had a bottle of Lift for awhile and decided to give it a go as she hadn't had a bath in about three weeks. Cleaning-wise, it did a fine job but the foam quality wasn't as thick as it is with Reset. Plus, unlike Reset, it created those damn "sticky little bubbles" and while they weren't as tough to rinse off as CG's Snow Foam, they still slowed the rinse down so I'll be sticking with Reset.

sarah-bath_240505_01.jpg

sarah-bath_240505_03.jpg

Got a late start and it was too dark for photography when I finished so no post wash images. However, I did want to mention something about drying the car. In my case, I use a Metrovac Max Blaster and what I wanted to mention regards the roof antenna cover and water retainment under it.

Being a '20, Sarah has the "rain drop" puck but I feel sure the same problem exists with the "shark fin." To wit, that darn thing holds a whole lot of water under it and I typically spend at least ten seconds blowing it out with the Blaster's hose nozzle right up against an edge.

Every time I dry the car, I am again amazed at just how much blows out. Talk about a perfect storm for corrosion, especially down here in hot and humid south Texas.

sarah-water-under-raindrop-antenna_240505.jpg

I mention this for anyone who either towel dries or blow dries. The towel folks absolutely, positively need to blow this area out with compressed air and the same may be true for those who use a modified leaf blower, I don't know but, I don't believe you can get close enough with a leaf blower to get all the water out.

BTW, the Metrovac is highly recommended because it not only puts out plenty of low velocity air, it's also heated.

Pretty certain I could never tolerate having someone else wash the Mustang, Brett, but I wouldn't have a problem if the wash was for either of the other two vehicles (under supervision, of course.) <grin>

Good one, Alex! <grin> Never owned one but that's a perfect moniker for the damn thing.

When I saw one the first time in a store, I remember laughing at that ridiculous claim too, Brett. :=)
My 21 has the shark fin and it doesn’t collect much water at all.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Just washed mine 😎
You car is looking sharp. 🔥I like the Blue and we both got the same hood vents. I am big fan of them.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You car is looking sharp. 🔥I like the Blue and we both got the same hood vents. I am big fan of them.
Thanks I appreciate it! Yeah I wasn’t sure on the hood vents when I got them, but on the car they look great and happy I put them on.

I dig the looks of the vents on your Mach with the stripe. The bigger vents feels like it ties the stripe and hood together a little better, if that makes any sense. Not really sure how else to put it, but they look like they belong together

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thanks I appreciate it! Yeah I wasn’t sure on the hood vents when I got them, but on the car they look great and happy I put them on.

I dig the looks of the vents on your Mach with the stripe. The bigger vents feels like it ties the stripe and hood together a little better, if that makes any sense. Not really sure how else to put it, but they look like they belong together
Thanks, I was unsure as well. It does look like it belongs to it. I recommend if you not doing it already to put some plastic shine/protectant. I am putting the CARPRO Pearl on that and all the other exterior plastics. So far they seem to protect and keep them all shiny.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I pay a monthly fee at a touchless car was. They have high school and college age kids who vacuum, do windows, Chamois and do the wheels and tire shine. It's usually there twice a week. Undercarriage looks like a year old instead of seven.
Screenshot_20240417_164656_Gallery.jpg

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I don't like a dirty car, so after every rain the mustang gets a cleaning. I can give mine a basic cleaning, inside and out, in 45 minutes. If I have time to sit an watch the TV, browse the internet, or play a video game then I've got time to clean my car plus I'm getting additional exercise.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks, I was unsure as well. It does look like it belongs to it. I recommend if you not doing it already to put some plastic shine/protectant. I am putting the CARPRO Pearl on that and all the other exterior plastics. So far they seem to protect and keep them all shiny.
Oh yeah, mine are ceramic coated and they get a topper twice a year. Just took a pic after my son’s baseball game. Going to storm tomorrow so it’ll be dirty again ☹

IMG_2970.jpeg

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Hey KB. Just an FYI with Lift
Thanks for the memory jog, Mark. Now I remember why I picked it up. It did a fine job and made giving her a coat of Elixir yesterday EZPZ. :-) Today, the Plan Of The Day is to get after the black trim.

sarah-post-wash_240506_04.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
My 21 has the shark fin and it doesn’t collect much water at all.
Interesting, Brian but I'm wondering what air source you use to blow these type areas out and, how close you got to the gap with the nozzle? Maybe Ford changed the attachment design to make it tighter for the Shark Fin or, mine just isn't as secure, I dunno.

But to get the water to come out, I put the rubber nozzle of the Max Blaster right up against the gap in the front and then again in the back until it stops.

sarah-blowdry_240505.jpg

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I just washed my 2019 for the second time in 5 years. Garaged with 10k miles, no rain. California Duster and Meguiar Detailer are normally used every 3 weeks during the Summer.
I was just wondering do you get any micro scratches from the California duster? What color is your baby ?

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I pay a monthly fee at a touchless car was. They have high school and college age kids who vacuum, do windows, Chamois and do the wheels and tire shine. It's usually there twice a week. Undercarriage looks like a year old instead of seven.
Screenshot_20240417_164656_Gallery.jpg
You are very brave! :like:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Thanks for the memory jog, Mark. Now I remember why I picked it up. It did a fine job and made giving her a coat of Elixir yesterday EZPZ. :-) Today, the Plan Of The Day is to get after the black trim.

sarah-post-wash_240506_04.jpg
Beautiful beast and nice babe on the top left. :like:
Sponsored