stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I posted this on Facebook but figured I'd share it here for others to get a bit of a laugh at my expense. ;) Thanks to [MENTION=12783]Anthony@HTM[/MENTION] for a good deal on Amsoil fluid...

Begin rant:

Change your transmission fluid to Amsoil, it will be GREAT they said! MT82s love it! Cool. Let’s do this before this weekend’s hpde.

Started @ 3:30ish. Went to Walmart (yea, I went to Walmart the store I despise more than any other) to get a 8mm hex socket. Figure that would be better than a regular allen wrench. They didn’t have it individually; only in a set for $10. I didn’t need a set of 10 sizes, just one, and I’m not giving Walmart any extra money. Off to Lowe’s, in the opposite direction. They have the individual; but for $8. $20 for the same set of 10 that was $10 @ Walmart. Fuck it. I buy the one I need.

Get home put the car up on ramps and jack stands in the rear. Get set and go to put the pump on one of the quart bottles of transmission fluid. The damn pump I bought from Amazon last week doesn’t fit. Amsoil quarts have a gallon size top. Fuck me. Take the car off the jack stands, drive to O’Reiley’s (RIGHT NEXT TO WALMART) to get a new pump that will fit. $10. Back home, back on ramps and stands. Get underneath the car, use fancy new $8 hex socket to open fill port. Fucker doesn’t fit between the tranny and the tunnel. Ask my garage neighbor if he has anything that would work. Nope. Take the car off stands and go back to LOWE’S for a good old generic 8mm allen wrench.

Get to Lowe’s and realize my wallet is in the garage. FUCK. ME. Luckily I have fancy new 8mm hex socket my pocket and they let me exchange that for a cheapo set of 10 allen wrenches for $2.75. $5 back in my pocket. Win?.

Get back home, back on jacks, get everything set…. Open fill port (always open the fill before the drain. Would really suck to drain it only to not be able to fill it!). Drain jug and funnel all set... loosen drain plug... Motherfucking funnel slips while hot fluid is pouring out. Where does it slip? Toward me. Toward my head. Hot, nasty smelling transmission fluid all over the side of my head, chest and now the moving blanket I use on the ground. It’s not like my fat ass is moving quickly underneath a car that is only 12” off the ground. There are 2.7 quarts in the car. 1 made it to the collection jug. The rest on me and the ground. Did I mention it doesn’t taste good either? Trust me, it doesn’t.

Fuck it all. Let it drain out for the next 20 minutes onto the moving blanket. Wipe up that mess enough to just finish the damn job. Pump in the fluid along with the $22 0.9oz of Motorcraft XL18 and wrap up a 45 minute job nearly 4 hours later.

TL/DR: Shit happens. :frusty:
Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Well, thanks for posting lol....:D

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Man that is some funny shit!!! I LOL only because i've been there before. I remember working on my bike with very hot oil i was trying to drain only to get it all over the shed floor and almost none in the drain pan. Shit burnt my hand bad and i had vinyl gloves on which made it worse. :eyebulge: The gloves kept the heat in the gloves and then trying desperately to take them off coated in hot oil. :(

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
But... How does the change feel lol?
So far so good. Whine is still there but once it was up to temp shifts did seem smoother. We'll see after a cold start tomorrow.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
You sir just made my night lol. You have some serious dedication to get things done [emoji106]

Question, I will be doing this soon (hopefully NOT the way you did [emoji12]) with Royal Purple. Do I need the Motorcraft additive with the RP?

Thanks

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You sir just made my night lol. You have some serious dedication to get things done [emoji106]

Question, I will be doing this soon (hopefully NOT the way you did [emoji12]) with Royal Purple. Do I need the Motorcraft additive with the RP?

Thanks
I've heard yes and no...so I couldn't say for sure.

I can say the hinge on my glasses is smooth as silk now. :thumbsup:

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Does anyone have an 8mm allen wrench I could borrow? :D

Sponsored

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey

spitfirered1976

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Sliver
I feel for you but man that shit is funny.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
That was awesome! Great story. I laughed, I cried...well actually I just laughed.

Thanks for sharing!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Buddy great story as many have said most would be full of crap if they say they haven't had days like this. Glad it all worked out for you

May I ask what is the motorcraft stuff u added to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored