Sponsored

How much negative camber can you get on the GT350 without camber plates?

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Hello all!

Just picked up my GT350R about a month ago and will be tracking it for the first early July at Road America.

I was told that camber plates were needed to get to Ford's recommended track alignment specs. I did order the Maximum Motorsports camber plates just in case. These camber plates were used at the Track Attack on all of the GT350's.

IF Ford's recommended settings can be achieved without installing the camber plates, I will hold off for the time being...

1. What is the most negative camber that can be achieved without the camber plates?

Ford recommends for the GT350R:

Front: -1.75 Degrees
Caster: 6.92 Degrees
Front Toe: 0.06 In

Rear: -1.25 Degrees
Rear Toe: -0.30 IN

THANKS ALL!!!

Mike
Sponsored

redoktor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Yes camber plates are needed to achieve the Ford recommended track specs. The most I could get without camber plates was about neg 1 degree front. I had the Maximum Motorsport camber plates installed along with recommended track settings and the setup works well on the track. I didn't notice any drawbacks as yet with street driving except the usual tram lining you will get with the Sport Cup 2's. I found any additional wear on the inside is insignificant during street driving. Have Fun at Road America!

hal_farthead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT350 - Tech pkg
Mike, Do you have a part number handy for those camber plates? I need to get some. And do you need rears as well as fronts? May be a stupid question, but I've never added camber plates to anything.

Thanks,
Matt

OP
OP
dsm_mikey

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
OP
OP
dsm_mikey

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Yes camber plates are needed to achieve the Ford recommended track specs. The most I could get without camber plates was about neg 1 degree front. I had the Maximum Motorsport camber plates installed along with recommended track settings and the setup works well on the track. I didn't notice any drawbacks as yet with street driving except the usual tram lining you will get with the Sport Cup 2's. I found any additional wear on the inside is insignificant during street driving. Have Fun at Road America!

Thank you for the information...saves me time for set up. I will have the plates put on! Thanks for the help!

Mike

Sponsored

hal_farthead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT350 - Tech pkg

redoktor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
That's the correct link to what was purchased.

I did not use the top reinforcing plate, it's not necessary just branding.

Rears are not necessary as mine could easily exceed what was needed with stock adjustments.

cweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is this for both the standard GT350 and the R model? In other words, can someone confirm if the R can achieve more than 1 degree negative camber without aftermarket camber plates?

cweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is this for both the standard GT350 and the R model? In other words, can someone confirm if the R can achieve more than 1 degree negative camber without aftermarket camber plates?
no one knows this answer??
Sponsored