Sponsored

How many "R" models will be built??? Surely not 500.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I though I saw stats as of Feb 1 showing 44 2016 Rs with tech and 5 2016 base Rs produced for MY16.

So I guess you are one of the lucky 44! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

MLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
So my 2016 R chassis # is GR026. Does that mean it is the 26th R built in 2016?

If so, and with 37 built in 2015, does it means it was the 63rd built?

Thanks,
Michael

The count on R's at the beginning of this month was 49.

Ford could build as many as they have parts for. How many that will be is hard to say. I'm confident the final number will be less than 500.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R

Thanks,
Michael
Yes

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

Thanks,
Michael
yep. 37 2015's and then the '16's started with GR001.
mine's GR039.

Last report I saw, I still had the only base AG w/ blk stripes / no black roof. '1 of 1' for the time being.

lapoune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
max
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, evo x, e46 m3, g55k
Now that it looks like base R is out for MY17, this will be the lightest track version of them all. Exactly what I wanted. :D
Just curious, where have you seen that the base R is not an option anymore? I only briefly looked at the report but I didn't see any info about it.

Would be a weird move in my opinion, it's not exactly the equivalent of deleting the track package...maybe because they got so few orders for it?

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The prelim MY17 info shows all versions get AC. If that info is true, the MY17 will not have the base R as it exists for MY15/16. I agree it is a weird move. However, I am astonished at how few people want the base R. I fell in love with it once I saw it at the Detroit show. I realize everyone is not a track junkie like me, but surprised that the most track worthy (IMHO) version of this "track car" is the least ordered. Also, for the most track worthy version, they deleted the dash gauges. :crazy::shrug:

Was chatting with my sales guy today (to get this weeks update on lack of progress on my car) and was talking about total GT350 production. I asked about MY17 and he confirmed it will happen. However, he went on to state that Ford expects to build a total of ~3500 cars (to get over the racing homologation rules, that's old news) but went on to say he expects Ford to stop production once they get past that point (even if it is mid year for MY17).

Don't shoot the messenger. Just sharing the rumors I'm getting. ;)

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Now and forever....just like a #1 is a Big Mac.... Ford does not share such things with dealers.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Now and forever....just like a #1 is a Big Mac.... Ford does not share such things with dealers.
Not sure what that means, but I can say that all the info he has given me since my order in Aug has turned out to be true. You can believe, or disbelieve whatever you want. :headbang:

It is also true that each time I have posted his info (esp when contrary to another posters view), I got a similar response. No one here has any idea how any individual may be connected. In spite of that reality, the internet is full of haters and those who know it all....and the beat goes on...:cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Not sure what that means, but I can say that all the info he has given me since my order in Aug has turned out to be true. You can believe, or disbelieve whatever you want. :headbang:

It is also true that each time I have posted his info (esp when contrary to another posters view), I got a similar response. No one here has any idea how any individual may be connected. In spite of that reality, the internet is full of haters and those who know it all....and the beat goes on...:cheers:
Ok, I'm generalizing. Your dealer MIGHT have an in - but most of them CLAIM that they do. I'm not hating, simply playing the odds and averages.

It's believable that Ford wouldn't tell their dealer network anything that they didn't want the customer to ultimately discover.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I'm generalizing. Your dealer MIGHT have an in - but most of them CLAIM that they do.
You are dead right that they all claim it, and few actually have it. This guy has been selling Ford specialty vehicles for 30 years. I have actually been surprised at some of his info, which couldn't be verified for several months, but turned out accurate.

In any case, I will continue to look for other news here and post what I learn (whether verifiable yet or not), so that together we may piece together WTF is happening, since Ford apparently has no interest in keeping us informed.
Sponsored