Sponsored

How many of you are coming from a BMW/Audi/Lexus, etc?

Gabriox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 bmw 325xi
how did you guys get used to the long hood. i sat in one yesterday and the hood was a mile long. visibility is meh!!
Sponsored

austinnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zipcar
how did you guys get used to the long hood. i sat in one yesterday and the hood was a mile long. visibility is meh!!
Perhaps part of the reason the hood seems so long is because of it's shape (lack of downward slope), making it much more visible to the driver.

What kind of car are you comparing the Mustang to regarding hood length and visibility? I have read many comments of this sort and I thought I would feel like I was driving a telephone pole on my test drive. But the Mustang feels perfectly compact and nimble to me. The turning radius is small. And the visibility is fine, at least compared to many modern cars. Unless you're coming from a Honda S2000 or something I wouldn't expect this to be a problem.

I'm coming from a BMW e30 and an Acura TSX.

Gabriox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 bmw 325xi
Perhaps part of the reason the hood seems so long is because of it's shape (lack of downward slope), making it much more visible to the driver.

What kind of car are you comparing the Mustang to regarding hood length and visibility? I have read many comments of this sort and I thought I would feel like I was driving a telephone pole on my test drive. But the Mustang feels perfectly compact and nimble to me. The turning radius is small. And the visibility is fine, at least compared to many modern cars. Unless you're coming from a Honda S2000 or something I wouldn't expect this to be a problem.

I'm coming from a BMW e30 and an Acura TSX.
glad to know. i currently drive an BMW e46. but the hood seems longer than my dads cl55amg. like you said its the lack of a downward slope.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I traded in my E46 M3 for mine and it was an adjustment, adjust your seat properly and it won't be an issue...

glad to know. i currently drive an BMW e46. but the hood seems longer than my dads cl55amg. like you said its the lack of a downward slope.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Selling my S6 before the S550 get here. Don't get me wrong. I will miss the interior and the V-10 reving to 7200 r.p.m.

Sponsored

GTfanboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If anyone cares for Nissan, I am coming from an Altima! :thumbsup:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
went to a car meet yesterday, actually the same meet where those pics above are taken. Talked with a 2015 5.0 guy for a while, had a good time.

Mikevercetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I've got an 06 Mercedes CLK 350 right now. It's a nice car, but it's time to move on to something else. I briefly considered getting a newer C class, but I didn't want to settle for the 4 cylinder in the 2015. Plus, I figured I'm still young. I have plenty of time to get a boring sedan later. Now is the time to have some fun.

I've always liked Mustangs, but interiors are a big deal to me. This is the first Mustang that has had a decent interior in my opinion, and that was enough to get me interested in it. Now I'm dead set on it. Although, I will admit, that new Camaro looks pretty nice. I should be placing an order next Saturday, although I might luck out and get something on the lot. We'll see. Either way, I'm excited.

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Came from a 2014 ct200h f-sport, it makes the mustang interior feel like cheap crap and same with the speakers, still have it just let my mom have it/drive it.

Prior to that I had a 5.0 premium manual, made it too fast and got crap gas and I drive too much hence the switch to that hybrid^ but got bored of it of course and found a happy medium with my S550.
This was my old 5.0

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Been a long time Audi guy - had Ponys in the past - but this new S550 was calling my name....

Traded out of an A4 for her - saved 30 grand by not buying the other Euro cars that were similarly outfitted and happy I did..

Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I came from an 04 330i ZHP (3rd BMW). So much fun but holy crap maintenance is ridiculous on those cars. The Germans may build awesome engines, but they surround them with cheap brittle plastic that cracks, breaks, and/or leaks every 20k miles. I spent at least $300 a month on parts and about 6 hrs every Saturday morning replacing parts on that car. And since I did the work myself, I saved about $1000 a month in labor expenses. One positive though is BMW made the E46 extremely easy to work on. Fuel pump took an hour and was only $110 for an OEM part (BMW wanted $880 for a new one installed).

I thought to myself, I would have a new car payment if I switch, but I would also get to sleep in every now and then on a Satuday. Haven't looked back since.

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
I will trading my 2006 E55 AMG Mercedes with SC V8 and 469 HP for a 2105 Mustang GT Premium. Why you may ask. Because I have always loved Mustangs. My original was a 1969 351 Fastback. And I still love the Mercedes. I am not trading it in because I don't like it. I just want a new Mustang.

I considered a new Mercedes, but for the price is just prohibitive. It would have been north of $103,000 for a 2015 E63 AMG.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I will trading my 2006 E55 AMG Mercedes with SC V8 and 469 HP for a 2105 Mustang GT Premium. Why you may ask. Because I have always loved Mustangs. My original was a 1969 351 Fastback. And I still love the Mercedes. I am not trading it in because I don't like it. I just want a new Mustang.

I considered a new Mercedes, but for the price is just prohibitive. It would have been north of $103,000 for a 2015 E63 AMG.
That is surprising, I figured a new E63 would be even more than that. I was so close to picking up an E55 when I bought my last BMW. The power in those cars is amazing! The thought of a supercharged Mercedes though with 70k+ miles on it scared the crap out of me.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Yeah I still love Audis and I can forsee an RS or R8 in my future - but like 'Merica said - the thought of a Euro car without a warranty is a terribly expensive proposition - I would much rather spend that money on tweaks and tunes!

I love my S550 tho!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Yeah I still love Audis and I can forsee an RS or R8 in my future - but like 'Merica said - the thought of a Euro car without a warranty is a terribly expensive proposition - I would much rather spend that money on tweaks and tunes!

I love my S550 tho!
Luckily I knew a great mechanic (John from JA Autowerks) who does all the repairs and work on my car, solid. Just don't wanna spend my tuning $$$ replacing what needed to be fixed at the time, want a fresh start and instead spend it like I shoulda (bolt ons)

The 6 week waits gonna be long, even showing my mom this won't stop her from trying to push me towards a German instead
Sponsored