Sponsored

How many of you are coming from a BMW/Audi/Lexus, etc?

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
My wife's car is a 2010 Lexus IS250 AWD. Great little car. Due to the suspension on the S550 with PP and Ford Touring Exhaust, I think the Lexus will be our road car when we want to take a trip. It's just a more comfortable car for a road trip. But that said, I love driving my new Mustang around town and on short trips.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
My wife's car is a 2010 Lexus IS250 AWD. Great little car. Due to the suspension on the S550 with PP and Ford Touring Exhaust, I think the Lexus will be our road car when we want to take a trip. It's just a more comfortable car for a road trip. But that said, I love driving my new Mustang around town and on short trips.
my mustang is my daily driver, 500 miles a week for my work commute. i use my wife's nissan sentra lease for everything else. errands, groceries, trips, etc. less risk for door dings, and who cares if a lease is dinged anyway. i think its only been through the car wash 2 times tops since she got it a year and a half ago, LOL

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
Take it on a long road trip sometime, have a little fun with it :D

drak24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
Came from a 2011 Jaguar XF to now as of today owning a 2015 v6. Lost a lot of options I had with the Jaguar (Powered moonroof, powered seats, navigation, heated seats, dual climate control, v8, etc..), but it's still a solid purchase for me. I love the feel of the car, the interior is very modern, and it's so damn sexy!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
I traded in my F30 335i for the GT. Worth it. Even though I lost a ton of features, I gained the V8 and power. I used my 335i all year and it was amazing in winter with AWD + winter tires. I now have a winter car so the Mustang will be garaged all winter.

278horn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 dodge omni
First post. I traded my BMW 335D M sport on a GT PP. I am a Mustang guy owning a '70 351C/4v 4spd.. I really like the S550 platform and I'm impressed with what Ford has created but I admit, I miss the little D. Since the car had 70k miles on it, I decided trading it now was a good idea.
My plan is to drive the GT until the GT350 is available unless I hear a M4 calling me.

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
My last car was an 08 Acura TL Type S, I loved that car but I have always loved Stangs. When I bought the Acura it was a choice between an 03 Cobra and the Acura. Well since I live in a place where we have winters, I thought the smart choice was the Acura. Wouldn't you know I bought a work/winter vehicle so I didnt even drive the Acura in the crappy weather...

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
2011 E92 M3, DCT, ZCP..

That car was precise, I loved the transmission, great feeling car and about as fast as the S550/maybe a little faster above 90%. I didn't drive it at 90% too regularly, so I'm not losing any real-world performance. Quality control is a major step down.. You know, fit/finish, but I'm still just as comfortable in the new one.

More amenities, even though the M was loaded, I had to use an adaptor to listen to BT music.. Ventilated seats are nice too.

This car is fresh and fun.

The real reason I swapped was that going to a car show with the M meant that nobody knew anything about it, so they didn't notice. If I was at a show where people did notice, they didn't know anything about CARS.. Hard to explain, but I missed the ability to talk to people about cars.. I can talk with these people about football, and enjoy the type of life in more suited to. People who know about M cars, know a lot about what the magazines say, but typically very little about using plastigage, or degreeing a cam, have NO IDEA what a 750 dbl pumper is!

Aftermarket support will be great, people will be great, I've gotten more compliments with this one, oh and my car payment is $240 cheaper per month.. I didn't expect that perk. Xplan on a 400A, PP, NAV, Oxford was around 37-ish.

I'm happy, for now, but may be seeing a GT350/500 at some point in the future when Ford isn't pulling the same mistake Chrysler did with the Hellcats.. 75K for a mustang, IF I can win the dealer lottery..? Not gonna happen.

Sent from my Oxford White 2015 GT PP, Prem

Sponsored

Trptguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Coming from owning a '08 135i. I had that suspension set up so nice. So the GT is not quite there yet, but I could;t ignore this platform. I looked at other bmw's but after test driving them I feel that BMW is starting to dumb their cars down big time. Before the 135i i owned a e46. e36 and restored a '88 E30 vert that I just sold last summer.

Looking forward to getting the suspension set up in this car. I know it will be way more fun once I do.

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Hoping to move from an 09 335i BMW this fall. Really liking the look of the upcoming 18's.

Augster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My 2016 Mustang GT replaced my 2008 Audi S5.

I absolutely loved (and still love/miss) my S5. It had the 4.2L V8 and 6-Spd. The interior, fit and finish, attention to detail, suspension, powertrain, overall size (inside/out), everything felt special about that car. Plus the look was timeless (didn't hurt the overall look hadn't changed until recently). Why did I get rid of such a special car? REPAIR BILLS! Driving an out of warranty Audi will destroy your bank account.

This S550 Mustang has been on my radar since they came out. It looks great inside and out. I was so glad they go rid of all the retro, well everything. I could not stand the pre-S550 gauges. Anyway, this Mustang is a beast on the road, sounds and drives great.

People always ask my to compare the 2, but you can't. Although they both have 2 doors and a V8, that is basically all they have in common.

I also agree with what someone posted earlier about being able to enjoy the relate-ability (new word?) of the Mustang. Sure I would get compliments on the Audi, but not everyone really gets it. The Mustang on the other hand, everyone knows what it is. Everyone has a Mustang story. For example, my Dad is car guy who mostly likes working on them. In the 6+ years I owned my Audi he never once drove it. It didn't appeal to him. The day I got my Mustang he was on my ass wanting to see and drive it, lol.

Bottom-line: I have been enjoying the hell out of my Mustang. I will always miss the Audi, but jumping in the Mustang and dumping the clutch helps keep my mind off it. :D

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I had a pair of 300ZX's, several Acura Legend/TL/TLX variants and MANY VW's and even an A4. I got sooooo tired of
working on VW's, price of parts, etc. The 91 Legend 2 door saved my life once. My silver '05 TL was a monster
compared to the others out there. It had a 6MT and Brembos. I modded the hell out of it and auto-X'ed it quite a bit.
My '15 TLX was a great car but I only had it for 5 months then I traded it in for my 16 GT PP. Although all the Acura's
were great cars and would make 90% of the driving population happy I just wanted more.

Never been happier.
IMAG1376.jpg

Last edited:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Those hondas were probably super reliable
Sponsored