Hood movement

spitfirered1976

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Sliver
I was wandering if anybody has a hood movement issue. When a semi-truck or a bigger vehicle i.e. RV is in the on coming line on the highway and it passes by me my hood moves like it is not latched down. The first time it happened I pulled over and checked my hood it was securely latched down. It looks like the hood lifts up and then moves left to right. :confused:
Sponsored

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
more than likely air is coming up from under the car making the hood move. I would check the plastic pieces under the car.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
At high speeds mine is pretty loosey goosey as well...

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
At high speeds mine is pretty loosey goosey as well...
Over 160 kph/100 mph mine moves around a bit as well, pulled over to check it and everything was ok and tight so I just ignore it now

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
LOL these things flex. You should have seen what my last Jeep Wrangler's hood would do at 85 MPH. I say relax - it ain't going anywhere.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i wonder if it has anything to do with the air dam on the bottom of the car. i know there are at least 3 different ones.

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
This was something that came up early last year when people were taking delivery. Its easy to fix by adjusting the rubberknob height where the hood contacts the body. Dealership can fix it for you.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
LOL these things flex. You should have seen what my last Jeep Wrangler's hood would do at 85 MPH. I say relax - it ain't going anywhere.
On the Jeep, hood flutter was the fault of the lame rubber hood straps/latches, easily remedied and made rock steady with aftermarket units. Been there.

On the Mustang, flimsy hood (and/or bumpers out of adjustment)....

Sponsored

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
If a company were to come out with a set of bump stops that would somehow allow you to see that both sides are even and to the height you'd like them I'd buy a set in a heartbeat. What I did when I adjusted mine was put a couple marks on the stops with a sharpie and closed the hood right away. Then I reopened it and checked to see the sharpie was on the hood portion too. It was, but I think that may have been partly because of flex in the hood itself. So idk. Gotta be a better way.

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
The hood is a large piece of aluminum, the material flexes a bit at highway speeds.
It's the price you pay for it's intricate design and material.

Plus the hoods don't always have the best alignment from the factory. Looked at a dozen of them at the dealer and each one was off a bit here and there, each slightly different.

STLStangGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wiggle and a jiggle

My hood does it fairly badly at speeds from around 50-85. I have adjusted the hood stops, but it doesn't help a lot. The thin aluminum they use to wrap,the hood is the culprit. They could have put some styrofoam in those hood flex areas. My ford service guy recommended I try expandable foam in the gap between the aluminum and the steel hood. I was like...you want me to do what on a car with 1200 miles? Bottom line it's real disappointing. I had a 2013 GT VERT and that hood didn't move a muscle up to about 135:confused:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
do u happen to have hood struts
Sponsored