OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think it’s cool people try, but we’re not talking about a low compression smog motor, but a 12 to 1 high compression, 4 valve OHC, CNC ported heads very high performance engine. Not alot of ground left to cover.

I watched the dyno comparison using the CJ manifold, I believe they concluded the stock intake had an overall advantage, only losing a few HP at the upper end of the rpm band.
There are plenty of people making 500+whp with headers and a tune. That’s pretty good ground?

In the test it did make more torque as well as power.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There are plenty of people making 500+whp with headers and a tune. That’s pretty good ground?

In the test it did make more torque as well as power.
I’ve seen maybe 30rwhp with headers and a tune. That’s the biggest jump in NA hp I think you’ll see. Other mods will likely give much less, or shift the powerband higher and narrower. IMO

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
On my dearly departed 12 GT, full exhaust/tune/Boss intake then CJ intake the car was lots of fun very fast and strong. Daily driveability however greatly suffered.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Interesting that the 5.2 Illuminator CPC motor uses the CJ manifold and not the GT350 manifold.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Someone who wants to try to wring out as much NA power as possible will try it one day. I may be one of those folks in the minority because doing so will cost some coin, but what the hell!!!! Never wanted the highest horsepower car anyway. Would have done a ZL1, Hellcat or Z06 for that purpose.

Sponsored
OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Someone who wants to try to wring out as much NA power as possible will try it one day. I may be one of those folks in the minority because doing so will cost some coin, but what the hell!!!! Never wanted the highest horsepower car anyway. Would have done a ZL1, Hellcat or Z06 for that purpose.
I’m shooting for 550whp with exhaust, tune, intake mani on race gas. Not interested in FI as I track this car hard and am done with boost lol

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Could get close. I think that 530 rwhp is more attainable with those mods. Going tomorrow to a local shop to dig around for an additional avenue to pursue with the heads. Either may not bare any fruit and/or won't be cheap but checking the viability anyway. I don't track my car like many of you dedicated guys do but looking to stay NA as well. While this car will never be mistaken for a 911 GT3, there is something about the raw NA power that I love. Got a chance to drive a new one recently with a PDK the sensation of it was crazy. I would imagine like a 350 dialed up to 12 or 13. Amazing.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I definitely want to raise the top end torque curve on my car too. If there's an intake out there that will not compromise the mid range TOO much but kicks up top, I'm definitely interested.
That's the thing. I'd worry that a change to the OE intake would make the power curve even more extreme by losing some mid-low.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's the thing. I'd worry that a change to the OE intake would make the power curve even more extreme by losing some mid-low.
I did this in another discussion before but if there was an intake that ended up making our torque curves look like this instead, I'd be totally down. Red is factory. Blue is modified. Not perfect but just an illustration of concept.

Capture.JPG
Sponsored