Sponsored

Help with ordering 2016 or 2017 GT350R

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Thanks DrumReaper..I'm adding an additional 5 or 10 thousand on top of MSRP ...
Even at 5-10k over MSRP it's not gonna happen for a '16. I've spent the last 2 months trying to score one for 10k over. I spoke with close to 200 dealers. Most allocations are spoken for. The few that remain are the dealers who refuse to sell for anywhere near MSRP. The best deal I was able to find was 20k over.

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
Member since early this year and happy to be so. Have learned a lot from the various posts on the board. Thank you all.
Background ... owned 6 ford trucks and cars over the years..about a 35 year span..I keep them for a while....with one BMW thrown in the mix.. the extended family the same way...Anyway I know that I am not alone in my quest for what I am Wanting to purchase..2016 late or 2017 GT35OR I have no problem waiting if I can build to my specs and lock it in..I have never paid MSRP..have always purchased at invoice or close to it...but I know the demand for the car ..so MSRP it is...Any help in pointing me to a dealer that is willing to work with me and they will have a loyal customer and family who will purchase furture vehicles.. would be very much appreciated....My current dealer who I have bought 3 vehicles from doesn't seem to care when it comes to the Shelby..I am rethinking my relationship.Anyway please PM me anyone who knows of a dealer the would work with me..SuperA+++++credit no problem with cash down.
I can relate to your perspective and unlike several others here respect your sensible approach. I've never paid the sticker price for a new vehicle and have had every one I've ever wanted.
Wait a year and come back to the market when the retailers have taken all the bend overs to the cleaners. The market for a $70,000 Mustang is much smaller than what many enthusiasts would like to believe.
The market for Shelby Mustangs, Z28 Camaros, Mach1s, SVT Mustang Cobras, Z06 Corvettes, Hellcats goes thru the same cycles and saturates. The stars align and reasonable prices are the norm. The retailers are looking to crush people who can't wait right now. Be smart, wait, your wallet will appreciate it.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I can relate to your perspective and unlike several others here respect your sensible approach. I've never paid the sticker price for a new vehicle and have had every one I've ever wanted.
Wait a year and come back to the market when the retailers have taken all the bend overs to the cleaners. The market for a $70,000 Mustang is much smaller than what many enthusiasts would like to believe.
The market for Shelby Mustangs, Z28 Camaros, Mach1s, SVT Mustang Cobras, Z06 Corvettes, Hellcats goes thru the same cycles and saturates. The stars align and reasonable prices are the norm. The retailers are looking to crush people who can't wait right now. Be smart, wait, your wallet will appreciate it.
This maybe true on GT350, but he is looking for a R, unless Ford changes the numbers being built, it will not be easy to even get the R. For less than MSRP
not going to happen. If he looks now for 2017 allocation he might have a small chance of finding one, without connections, good luck :)

Sponsored

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
Thanks DrumReaper..I'm adding an additional 5 or 10 thousand on top of MSRP ...
Best I could find this late in the game is $20k, and they only offered that to me because I am a commercial customer of theirs. Otherwise they had a second buyer lined up at $50k ADM. Insane. :crazy: Needless to say, I took the offer :hail: (was trying to negotiate $10k but failed).

As others have said, if you don't have a 2016 locked down by now, good luck getting one without a massive ADM.

Ps. Others have recommended 2017 but has their been confirmation by Ford that they will in fact make a third year production run (I count the limited 2015 run as first year).

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Best I could find this late in the game is $20k, and they only offered that to me because I am a commercial customer of theirs. Otherwise they had a second buyer lined up at $50k ADM. Insane. :crazy: Needless to say, I took the offer :hail: (was trying to negotiate $10k but failed).

As others have said, if you don't have a 2016 locked down by now, good luck getting one without a massive ADM.

Ps. Others have recommended 2017 but has their been confirmation by Ford that they will in fact make a third year production run (I count the limited 2015 run as first year).
I've had a similar experience with a dealer I'm spending some vacation time with. The issue they have with giving me a deal (under 70K for base R model, no options) is that they are getting offers starting at $90K for the GT350R so why would they sell it for less? I would do the same in my industry if people wanted to volunteer paying more.

They are ordering an AG/Black strip GT350 with track pack for me to "view" cough cough. We can find some light weight wheels.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
locked in on a 2016 GT350R for $15K ADM back in early September. Good Luck finding an GT350R at this time without pay more $$$$$ ADM. The cheapest I was able to find a GT350R after contacting 250+ Ford dealers was $7.5K but sold all of their allocations in early July. I missed that opportunity by 6-8 weeks.... I did find a few GT350 for MSRP but turned them down since I really wanted the GT350R. Good Luck with your search.

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
Amazing, the dealers offers "start" at 90 grand. Anyone believe that?

Sponsored

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
I do, lots of posts here on it. the R at this point is more rare than most of us thought it would be.
I agree. It would be worse if they didn't have the regular GT350. Simple math shows an average of 11 R's in each state for 2015/2016. Throw in a unconfirmed 2017 and that is still only 21 per state. ADMs will drop on the R's, but time will tell if they go away entirely. Congrats to all the MSRP R deals (actually congrats to everyone who was even able to secure an R deal). :cheers:

green67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cad
I do, lots of posts here on it. the R at this point is more rare than most of us thought it would be.
Very interesting that this particular retailer has had no offers of sticker,$70,000, $75,000, $80,000, his lowest offer is $90,000! I for one simply do not believe that garbage.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't reply to green67 - his previous account "slopper" was banned for this exact same banter. He's trolling. We have a good discussion going on here and he's interested in derailing it.

You are buying a brand new car and you honestly believe that your cars market value will increase from day one? You can't possibly believe that.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I do believe that there will be three major factors that will affect whether or not the R's will continue to have ADM:

1) 2017 model incorporating major performance upgrade (i.e., direct injection or 40-50hp upgrade),
2) less than the number made in 2016,
3) a Z/28 that unabashedly tops the 350R.

I would love for all 350/350R's to be MSRP or lower, but supply and demand can be a biatch.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I do believe that there will be three major factors that will affect whether or not the R's will continue to have ADM:

1) 2017 model incorporating major performance upgrade (i.e., direct injection or 40-50hp upgrade),
2) less than the number made in 2016,
3) a Z/28 that unabashedly tops the 350R.

I would love for all 350/350R's to be MSRP or lower, but supply and demand can be a biatch.
I agree - and probably in that order.

I think even if there is a Z/28 that can really beat it - the 350 and R will still be excellent drivers cars and retain their value better than some.
Sponsored