Sponsored

Help me find an awesome price on a V6 automatic!

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Koons an Akins is fine, but just be ready to not get top dollar for the trade and you have to trade, and you have to use their financing, which you can refinance later. It's still a good deal overall.
False, I'm using my own financing and not trading at Koons (keeping my Jeep) and I got the same deal that I would have if I'd financed through Ford and traded my Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I meant the terms with Akins, I never talked to Koons.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for chiming in. :)

I want to hear it from corporate because I'm trying to verify what the (out of state) dealer told me.

Thanks
I understand, Emt1581. They are all independently owned and operated, plus states have different laws as well. This is why it’s best to speak with your local Ford Dealer.

Deysha

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I understand, Emt1581. They are all independently owned and operated, plus states have different laws as well. This is why it’s best to speak with your local Ford Dealer.

Deysha
WOW! Did not know that!! I figured dealers of Ford vehicles had to adhere to at least some sort of standards/SOP's set by Ford.

So essentially, Koons lied to me when they said FORD required them to do the registration? I have it written in an email response from one of their salesman.

Is there a contact number/department at Ford that this should be reported to or does Ford accept whatever dealers do since they are independently owned and operated?

Again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to chime in! Even if I'm not particularly happy with what Koons said/did.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you want an awesome deal, I'd be checking the used cars at Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise...they should have some rentals coming up for sale soon (most rental car companies keep a car around for 1 year or 24,000 miles or so...). The V6 was built at the behest of the rental car companies (who have been burned by turbo models in the past). :thumbsup:
Yeah, but the rentals are always convertibles.

And rental cars are almost always ragged out. I personally would never touch a prior rental car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
That's why I went new. I think I paid almost a used price for my new one. Very happy. Just hope my Acura RL goes to someone who appreciates it. That car was amazing. Much easier to drive hard, the computers and the 4WD with clutch packs on each side of the diffs, (like the new Focus RS, but this had it 11 years ago) kept it neutral at all times. Yo could apply throttle in a corner and the yaw rate would not change. Yes, this car had a yaw rate sensor.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's why I went new. I think I paid almost a used price for my new one. Very happy. Just hope my Acura RL goes to someone who appreciates it. That car was amazing. Much easier to drive hard, the computers and the 4WD with clutch packs on each side of the diffs, (like the new Focus RS, but this had it 11 years ago) kept it neutral at all times. Yo could apply throttle in a corner and the yaw rate would not change. Yes, this car had a yaw rate sensor.
Not sure I'm seeing the same car but the Acura looks like a 4 door sedan. Doesn't look like it'd maneuver/handle nearly as well as the S550. Was it like the ultimate sleeper or something? The ones I'm seeing around here on CL (10 years old) are going for $10k-ish from the quick search I did. Most were older and less than that.

Not sure how easy Acuras are to work on though. That always figures in to my pricing. American/Jap. cars are super easy in my experience.

-Emt1581

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
No it's no sleeper, it's just got that AWD system that makes it really easy. If you apply or let off throttle in a curve, the yaw rate doesn't change and you don't have to compensate with the steering wheel like you do in the Mustang. Apples to oranges. But yes, it looks more boring than it is. It definitely would surprise you guys. Would make an awesome winter car in snow states.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
WOW! Did not know that!! I figured dealers of Ford vehicles had to adhere to at least some sort of standards/SOP's set by Ford.

So essentially, Koons lied to me when they said FORD required them to do the registration? I have it written in an email response from one of their salesman.

Is there a contact number/department at Ford that this should be reported to or does Ford accept whatever dealers do since they are independently owned and operated?

Again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to chime in! Even if I'm not particularly happy with what Koons said/did.

Thanks!
There are guidelines they must abide by in order to be certified as Ford dealers, but in this specific sales situation, you must speak with your local Ford Dealer’s finance or sales managers.

Deysha

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are guidelines they must abide by in order to be certified as Ford dealers, but in this specific sales situation, you must speak with your local Ford Dealer’s finance or sales managers.

Deysha
Right, so the individual dealers are the ones dictating, not Ford as a corporation.

-Emt1581
Sponsored