Sponsored

Help me find an awesome price on a V6 automatic!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Need some help now that I see some deals are way better than I thought. I have been waiting and waiting but if the right deals comes along, I might jump. I need some help and pushing from you guys to make the jump to Mustang owner. One guy posted here he paid about $20K for a V6. I have excellent credit and an 05 Acura RL to trade in.

Here's what I want....
V6 with automatic.
Silver or Ruby red
the foundry package at $1000 is a deal but I don't like the spoiler, I can always add wheels later. I can learn to live with the spoiler.
spare tire is fine, gonna add it anyway.
rather not have park assist.

What I would like is help actually finding the car. I can drive to my adjacent states to get it if need be. And it seems some of you know the dealers that deep discount the cars. If I gotta pay $26K for the car then I just can't do it. Help me find the best deal so I can join the club!:ford:

I'd like to buy from my local dealer who I have already hassled, but some dealers also have that lifetime powertrain warranty. They are not scams. They pay out very rarely because the failures are infrequent and people usually trade before it happens and the warranties are not transferable. I keep cars a long time and already replaced a Ford V6 on a truck I had, don't want to do that again!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
If you want an awesome deal, I'd be checking the used cars at Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise...they should have some rentals coming up for sale soon (most rental car companies keep a car around for 1 year or 24,000 miles or so...). The V6 was built at the behest of the rental car companies (who have been burned by turbo models in the past). :thumbsup:

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but the rentals are always convertibles.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but the rentals are always convertibles.
Actually, no. I was just looking at Enterprise's site, and only 1 of the 17 cars listed nationwide was a 'vert.

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Then maybe they were not rentals. But here in the southeast, I have never seen a hardtop rental. Got a link? Honestly the hardest thing is for me to pull the trigger. I almost sent the email tonight to get the ball rolling, but then stopped. Wish I could get the Mustang and keep my Acura. But it has a little rust and I don't want to spend money on a car with rust. It needs a timing belt. Has 119K miles on it now. I think the lower control arms are going too. I'm sure that's almost a grand.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
P.S. Silver coupe in Houston!

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
And Vegas (Henderson, NV)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Then maybe they were not rentals. But here in the southeast, I have never seen a hardtop rental. Got a link? Honestly the hardest thing is for me to pull the trigger. I almost sent the email tonight to get the ball rolling, but then stopped. Wish I could get the Mustang and keep my Acura. But it has a little rust and I don't want to spend money on a car with rust. It needs a timing belt. Has 119K miles on it now. I think the lower control arms are going too. I'm sure that's almost a grand.
I've seen plenty of hardtop rentals-Phoenix has a boatload of them in their rental garage for Enterprise (rented a car there last spring...not a 'stang, though).

My experience with owning two cars: don't do it unless you can garage the one you want to keep nice. One just ends up getting neglected ;) It's a lot of work to keep two cars up, especially if you don't have family that's invested in one of the vehicles to help you out on occasion...

You can sell cars as a private party on cars.com, too. Tends to bring along better people than putting it up on craigslist :tsk:

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Here's the funny thing. The CR-V will be garaged. The Stang will stay outside. Just the way it is.

And I just remember having such a hard time selling a cherry used Honda Civic. If you can't sell that.....

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
OK, I done it. Sent the first email. Now the game begins... Now I want to give my local dealer the business if possible so gonna try to get best prices then go to them and give them a chance to match it,

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Congrats!

If you're a Costco member, try using the Costco auto program to save some $$$. I bought my last car that way, and I was BS'ing with my salesman, who let it slip how the Costco auto program usually works: $125 below dealer invoice ;) Sometimes, you do even better with the Costco program if you can find a car that's been sitting on the lot for a month or two...

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
OK, I done it. Sent the first email. Now the game begins... Now I want to give my local dealer the business if possible so gonna try to get best prices then go to them and give them a chance to match it,
I plan on doing the exact same thing...but with a GT.

My local dealer was nice enough so I'll find the best price I can on one when I'm ready to buy. He can beat it or I can hop on a train/bus/plane...makes no difference to me!

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

-Emt1581

OP
OP

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Prices I am seeing on cars.com are better than any discount program. I need some help with this process. I am sending emails, but they are calling. I can't let them take control of the conversation, getting me to commit to something over the phone.