Sponsored

heavy rain with GT350 question

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I recall in the manual it says something like if the water is above the inner edge of the rim(which is not much at all, just the thickness of the tire), drive very very slowly to prevent engine flooding.

the exact words are:
"DRIVING THROUGH WATER
The GT350 has aerodynamic devices
attached to the underbody designed to
help control airflow for superior
performance. Therefore, the driver must
be especially careful to avoid driving
through deep or standing water. If driving
through deep or standing water is
unavoidable, do not exceed 10 mph
(16 km/h). Never drive through water that
is higher than the bottom of the wheel
rims. Water may enter through the air
intake due to the vacuum generated in the
engine.
Damage caused by the intake of
water in the engine is not covered by the
warranty.
"

why does it say that? I don't recall the lowest intake point is that low, does anyone have an air intake diagram similar to the one below for the gt350?

thanks
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There is no snorkel that low, its out the front bumper. They put that because people are generally idiots and don't know any better, so if they error on the side of caution with a very conservative disclaimer, they are covering their own ass. If they didn't put it, someone will drive through a foot of water and splash enough water up to hydrolock the thing, and claim they didnt' know any better since it wasn't in the manual.

Like this dip shit
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a27811/this-lamborghini-thinks-its-a-submarine/

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They just putting sufficient margin over somebody making waves in front of you or anything else that can happen that will make temporary water level higher than bottom of the rim.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I guarantee you a lawyer wrote that part.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That Lamborghini made though

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP
the mid engine might have saved it, but I can almost assure you there is some interior water damage with how low they are. Any car nearly up to its windows in water won't fair well :)

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS

That was a great video! Just saw it last night.

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
There is no snorkel that low, its out the front bumper. They put that because people are generally idiots and don't know any better, so if they error on the side of caution with a very conservative disclaimer, they are covering their own ass. If they didn't put it, someone will drive through a foot of water and splash enough water up to hydrolock the thing, and claim they didnt' know any better since it wasn't in the manual.

Like this dip shit
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a27811/this-lamborghini-thinks-its-a-submarine/
omg...it literally pained me looking at that video.. Surely that guy rented that car for a day or its not his otherwise i don't see how he would do that to it.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Valet parking?