Sponsored

GTD application halted

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
He has a physical title in hand for the car. He said there is a non-financial lien on it (would assume this is noted on the title but I haven't seen the copy).
Thanks Charles as that makes sense.

Since your father's unit is a 2021 model, I suggest that he would have had his title sent to him from Ford sometime last year all depending on when he took delivery in 2021?

As a side note my buddy had his title couriered to him from Ford in late November 2023 based on him taking delivery of his 2021 Ford GT back on November 24th, 2021.
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
A question for those that got later built FGT's. Ford ending up building more FGT's than what was originally planned so were those people chosen later on? Were they initially rejected and got an acceptance notification years later? was there some sort of standby list?

I could definitely see them building more GTD than planned as Im sure the demand is there and the bean counters always want to milk everything they could out of a cash cow.

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
A question for those that got later built FGT's. Ford ending up building more FGT's than what was originally planned so were those people chosen later on? Were they initially rejected and got an acceptance notification years later? was there some sort of standby list?

I could definitely see them building more GTD than planned as Im sure the demand is there and the bean counters always want to milk everything they could out of a cash cow.
Yes, when they decided to make more, I received another invitation to reapply.
I did not.
I was too annoyed by the refusal the first time around and had decided on the McLaren.

In my humble opinion, the 720S has more performance than the Ford GT for 2/3 of the price.
But hey, that's just me.

FWIW,
Kirby

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Yes, when they decided to make more, I received another invitation to reapply.
I did not.
I was too annoyed by the refusal the first time around and had decided on the McLaren.

In my humble opinion, the 720S has more performance than the Ford GT for 2/3 of the price.
But hey, that's just me.

FWIW,
Kirby
thanks kirby, im trying to figure out how this GTD process is going to play out. I was told that when ford decided to build more FGT's they did not fully reopen the application process to the general public as they already had a mountain of applications. Im wondering if they only reached out to people that initially applied and were rejected the first time and went from there.

Sponsored

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
Im wondering if they only reached out to people that initially applied and were rejected the first time and went from there.
Based on my personal experience, yes, that is that they did.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I get its cool and rare, but no matter my finances or "clout", no fucking way im spending $325k on a Mustang. Because in the end its still a Mustang. But its is stupid they are only letting "influencers" get first dibs.

That being said, I know someone mentioned SpeedPhenom being a douchebag, and yea he kinda looks and sounds like it. But hes a good dude and means well. I was on a work trip somewhere tennessee...arkansas maybe (i travel a lot with work so i dont remember where). I needed to refuel so i hit up a gas station by the hotel one night. Im pulling in and i see this bright red Z06. I was like oh shit, thats a ZO6! This was the first one i saw on the road and again, ya he got first dibs for who he was.

So i pulled up to the pump next to him and and just causally said "nice ZO6". Him and some dude he was with both smiled and he was like, "you're the first person on this trip who knew what it was" (he was driving across the country after picking it up). I was like, ya, i knew right when i saw the spoiler. So we just talked about mustangs and vettes for about 10 minutes. Just seemed like a nice kid, didnt have an ego or brag about it. I had absolutely no idea who he was at the time but i knew he was somebody being that young with that car. I told him i had to hear it so he got in and revved it a few times and its such a beautiful sounding car. Said our goodbyes and left.

then like a month later im scrolling through instagram and i see him in a reel with the vette lol. then found his youtube page and I was like...oh shit thats why hes got a car like that. He just got a 720s too.

That being said, i hate the whole influencer thing, and sure call it jealousy, because it is lol. Ive loved, drove, and worked on cars my whole life and you just get internet famous and get whatever car you want. Bullshit lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Because in the end its still a Mustang
Really only in name though. Multimatic pretty much guts it and does their thing with it. While cars like the GT500/GT350 or Z06 are street cars built to be track capable, GTD is a race car built to be street legal. It’s more or less the GT3 race car with a blower and a few other things to make it road legal. It’s going to be a bad mamma jamma. All the details (that Ford has released so far) are in the link below:

https://www.ford.com/performance/mustang-gtd/

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
My question is, when you have issues with the pushrod suspension, or if the transaxle acts up, or any of the active aero balance is off and needs adjustment, where you taking this complicated race car technology for service ? What does the ESP plan cost out of warranty ?

And given the language in the last era of GT350/GT500 cars owners manual regarding “racing” what will truly be covered under ford factory warranty ?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3

I’m not so sure. At the end of the day, the GTD is a big, powerful, front engine, heavy car. Does not have the pedigree of a Ford GT, and the practicality of the Mustang is not there with the transaxle/suspension/cooling taking up the entire trunk. Thats acceptable at the price point of $300,000+ super cars market, that are mid or rear engine layout.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My question is, when you have issues with the pushrod suspension, or if the transaxle acts up, or any of the active aero balance is off and needs adjustment, where you taking this complicated race car technology for service ? What does the ESP plan cost out of warranty ?

And given the language in the last era of GT350/GT500 cars owners manual regarding “racing” what will truly be covered under ford factory warranty ?
There are dealerships that get certified from Ford to work on the GT’s (there are 2 by me). As I understand it, they send some of their more experienced techs for training and I believe the service manager also goes. Once the training is completed and the dealer is certified, I believe Ford directs owners that need service to the nearest certified dealer.

I can ask the next time I go for service, the GM or the service manager would tell me the process.

I would assume that will also be the case with the GTD but good question. I would venture to guess that Ford will provide direction to those selected for purchase.

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
My dad was rejected on on the first round and then reapplied and got an allocation on the second round.

There are dealerships that get certified from Ford to work on the GT’s (there are 2 by me). As I understand it, they send some of their more experienced techs for training and I believe the service manager also goes. Once the training is completed and the dealer is certified, I believe Ford directs owners that need service to the nearest certified dealer.
Depends on the level of service. Fluids changes and other basic maintenance goes to dealer. Heavier service goes back to multimatic.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My dad was rejected on on the first round and then reapplied and got an allocation on the second round.

Depends on the level of service. Fluids changes and other basic maintenance goes to dealer. Heavier service goes back to multimatic.
Good to know. The GT’s I’ve seen in for service were for the basics, the 2021 I saw was a garage queen. The 2006 gets driven but I don’t know hard it gets driven. Both dealers like to tout they’re certified to work on those cars to help drive regular service business.

CharlesC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, 2019 GT350
Good to know. The GT’s I’ve seen in for service were for the basics, the 2021 I saw was a garage queen. The 2006 gets driven but I don’t know hard it gets driven. Both dealers like to tout they’re certified to work on those cars to help drive regular service business.
The 2006 is a maintenance breeze. The newer GTs are going to be more trouble for long-term ownership IMO. I think I'd rather have a 2006 long-term vs a newer one.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The 2006 is a maintenance breeze. The newer GTs are going to be more trouble for long-term ownership IMO. I think I'd rather have a 2006 long-term vs a newer one.
Yeah the 2005/2006 cars seem to be relatively simple in terms of maintenance. Just a raw race car.

I would agree the newer ones could be a nightmare with all the technology in those cars. I would assume the GTD will be more on that level than the 2005/2006 GT’s.

Here’s the 2006 when I last saw it in for service. Dealer put it in their showcase space after it was done. Those local to Chicago should recognize the license plate, the owner is well known around these parts (maybe in other parts of the country too).

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1087.jpeg
Sponsored