GT500 blower retrofit to gen3 coyote

Twisted_SPJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 s550 401a pp1- twister orange
Would anyone have any links or information how to retrofit a gt500 blower to a stock gen3 coyote. It would be a build process but honestly sounds intriguing to me as (I assume it has not been done from what I can find online.)

My assumption from a high level of parts to swap over would be:

-GT500 front cover with accessory drives
-Crank pulley
-HD timing chains (upgrade over stock)
-Boss 302 tensioners
-OPG/CS (this is a given)
- Motor mounts to lower the engine to maybe fit under the stock 2021 hood or just swap hoods.
- custom make heat exchanger brackets
-custom make intercooler lines/ fittings
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Your biggest issue it going to be clearance from the blower to the direct injection set up down in the valley. You'd have to look at how far the blower protrudes down past the mounting location on the head and determine if this is something you'd want to do. Theoretically you'd be making spacer plates to utilize the stock blower but by the time that you put the effort into making that work, you're better off going with a blower designed in the constraints of the gen 3 engine bay

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
They already make 2650 TVS blowers that bolt right on to your car. Why reinvent the wheel?

OP
OP

Twisted_SPJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
They already make 2650 TVS blowers that bolt right on to your car. Why reinvent the wheel?

Its a thought in the head at the moment but would be something cool to publish a write up on it as more and more people do take off's. Kinda like the LSA blower for an LS.

OP
OP

Twisted_SPJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Your biggest issue it going to be clearance from the blower to the direct injection set up down in the valley. You'd have to look at how far the blower protrudes down past the mounting location on the head and determine if this is something you'd want to do. Theoretically you'd be making spacer plates to utilize the stock blower but by the time that you put the effort into making that work, you're better off going with a blower designed in the constraints of the gen 3 engine bay

Good info here. That may be the major set back. I will do some research. Thanks!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Its a thought in the head at the moment but would be something cool to publish a write up on it as more and more people do take off's. Kinda like the LSA blower for an LS.
I've pondered it myself on a Gen 2 after seeing a couple of GT500 take-offs hit the market.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
We just did one on a Gen 1. Just used everything from a GT500. Only issue was A/C pulley. I’ll take a look and see if I think it will be an issue for a Gen 3. This one is making 700 HP to the tires and needs a fuel system or at least a boost a pump to go further. Its a 2011 Gen 1 Coyote so we are also about out of bottom end. It’s a stock 2020 SC with factory pulley.

Justin Guesman 2011 Mustang GT.png

Last edited:

PRED8RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2020GT,86 coupe,91 GT, 89 Coupe, 07 R1
We just did one on a Gen 1. Just used everything from a GT500. Only issue was A/C pulley. I’ll take a look and see if I think it will be an issue for a Gen 3. This one is making 700 HP to the tires and needs a fuel system or at least a boost a pump to go further. Its a 2011 Gen 1 Coyote so we are also about out of bottom end. It’s a stock 2020 SC with factory pulley.

Justin Guesman 2011 Mustang GT.png
Any more info on this for the Gen3?

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Any more info on this for the Gen3?
The 500 blower will not physically fit on the gen 3 without the use of spacers to clear over the high pressure injectors. With the gen 3 cars already being limited on hood clearance, I don't forsee this project fitting under the stock hood without a combination of drop mounts/brackets

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I would just get one of the TVS offerings on the market, after you get all the parts you will still need to adapt it to the car and run the hoses and lines, make brackets. Getting something like an Edelbrock TVS or Whipple would be a lot easier of an install to do. The current TVS 2650 rotor pack in the Edelbrock, VMP, and Roush are all the same as the one in the GT500, and not to mention you'll have a lot more support doing it this way will prevent a lot of headaches. The aftermarket superchargers have a lot of support both from the community and the manufacturers
Sponsored