Sponsored

GT350R at $85k. Do it?

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have a 2016 Track pack. White with blue stripe. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2016 R at $85k. My matching car. Should I sell the GT350 and do it? I'm on the fence. Its one of the last chassis codes for 2016.

Otherwise, if anyone else wants it, PM me, and I will put you in touch with the dealer.
Sponsored

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
So that's about 15K ADM?
Not too bad for an R (considering what other dealers have charged).

Just add it all up... how much money are you going to loose and exactly how much will you have into both cars when it is all said and done. Is that amount worth it to you?

The fact that you are willing to give out the contact info makes me think the answer might be no.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So that's about 15K ADM?
Not too bad for an R (considering what other dealers have charged).

Just add it all up... how much money are you going to loose and exactly how much will you have into both cars when it is all said and done. Is that amount worth it to you?

The fact that you are willing to give out the contact info makes me think the answer might be no.
actually about 17K ADM for a '16. I have found better. However if you have that kind of disposable income, I say go for it.

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It comes out to about $17k ADM. In the Southwest, they have been going for $30k ADM. If I sell the GT350, I wouldn't imagine that I would lose much of anything.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It comes out to about $17k ADM. In the Southwest, they have been going for $30k ADM. If I sell the GT350, I wouldn't imagine that I would lose much of anything.
You don't have to buy it in your region. Figure $1500 to ship it. I think the 30K ADM fad is about over with the exception of the bay area and So. Cal.

You can call around and easily get a 20K ADM deal. 10K is obtainable, and 5K is a steal.

But all that doesn't matter, it is up to you what the car is worth. Don't let me sway your decision. If you have the $$ and you think 17K over is OK, then go for it.

Sponsored

BSheppard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Orange, Tech package, black stripes
I would do it if that is the car I wanted. Long term the R might actually be a better financial move, even at the $17k over.

In my looking for a MSRP deal on my GT350, I came across a good deal on an R. But for me it really needed to be a tec car. Even though I thought long term value the R would be better. This is my wife's daily driver and she would be happier in a Tech.

Ultimately it is what you would like to drive more.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Did you pay adm on the track? Are you trading it to the same dealer? If the trade is good enough it might be worth it.

I dont think 17K adm is a great deal. Some people have paid 30k some have paid MSRP.

X factor is will you like the R 17K more the the track??? If you add in a ADM and tax that delta in cost might be much more.

Resale the R might hold up better. but you are pay more now to hope you get it back if/when you sell.

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did you pay adm on the track? Are you trading it to the same dealer? If the trade is good enough it might be worth it.

I dont think 17K adm is a great deal. Some people have paid 30k some have paid MSRP.

X factor is will you like the R 17K more the the track??? If you add in a ADM and tax that delta in cost might be much more.

Resale the R might hold up better. but you are pay more now to hope you get it back if/when you sell.
I wouldn't trade in the 350. I would sell it privately. I paid MSRP for it.

I don't have to worry about the tax implications. It is a business vehicle registered to a non-tax state.

I'm thinking about the 3 year resale on the R. I think it will be better. Plus, the ability to depreciate an additional $17k.

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
If you want the car now and you don't loose too much on the trade in do it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Not many Rs around.
How many will Ford build?
If i had the income to do it, i wouldnt even hesitate.
Please post pics :thumbsup: once purchased :clap2:

OP
OP

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Not many Rs around.
How many will Ford build?
If i had the income to do it, i wouldnt even hesitate.
Please post pics :thumbsup: once purchased :clap2:
They built 500ish in 2016.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
At what ADM "Function over Form" should someone forget the GT350R and just add the main special bits to the Gt350?

Rear R spoiler aftermarket can be had about $800
CF Rims $10k?
Backseat delete $1000?

I know it's not a VIN R, but with those ADMs maybe the smart money is on cloning.
Sponsored