TexasS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
All,

I will be able to order/purchase a MY2018 GT350 for 2K over MSRP, built exactly how I want it. To me this seems to be an average deal....

So what color/stripe combo should I choose? Im torn between OW w/o stripes and Magnetic with Black/White outer stripe.

Does anyone know if ordered now when delivery would be? Dealership told me late Oct to early Nov timeframe, this coincides perfectly with my return from deployment, does this seem accurate?

Currently have a 2016 GT premium w/PP that I will trade in.

Thanks for everyones help!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not bad, you can do better. I guess it all depends on the value of your trade. People are on the hunt for R's in that price range. As for when the car is built, ask your dealer if you are number one in the pecking order for their allocations. If so, then that timeframe is possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

The colors are just preference, go with your gut.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
ADMs for non-Rs have been evaporating so 2K over in your area might be a good deal.

As for color, the traditionalist in me says if you're going OW, you NEED the blue stripes:lol:
Otherwise I have nothing else for you regarding color.

Your delivery window seems reasonable to me.

Thanks for your service :usa: Good luck w it all :cheers:

OP
OP

TexasS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
I've seen guys getting the NON R's for MSRP but mostly in the midwest. I should have said this is in South Carolina. They offered me 29K for my trade in unseen. I am also number one in there MY2018 allocations.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
If you like the car and want it, go for it.

Could you find one at MSRP? Maybe, but it's not worth the effort in my mind to spent hours searching to save 2K.

Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Why not go for a color that is more unique? Lead Foot Grey for example, close enough to Magnetic but more unique as it may only be a 1 year color...

If I had to choose between the two, I suppose I'd go with magnetic, the white is too mundane for my tastes..lol

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You should have no problem finding a non-R at MSRP, you just have to shop around.. and of course, if you only have one dealer close by, that makes it difficult. But I know several guys personally that paid $2K under for their 2017 GT350.

I see you are in Texas, from what I've seen from looking for R's, there's no shortage of dealers there with GT350's (Dallas area for starters) if you don't mind driving.

lm1z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW/Blue GT350
You should have no problem finding a non-R at MSRP, you just have to shop around.. and of course, if you only have one dealer close by, that makes it difficult. But I know several guys personally that paid $2K under for their 2017 GT350.

I see you are in Texas, from what I've seen from looking for R's, there's no shortage of dealers there with GT350's (Dallas area for starters) if you don't mind driving.
I secured mine at $2k below MSRP in Dallas. Realistically, it should have been AT MSRP, but the deal had to be fine tuned at closing. No one else in the Dallas area would come close to MSRP. Lowest I could get anyone to agree to was $3.5k over, but then my trade in wasn't where it needed to be.

For $2k over to have the exact car you want, it's a no brainer, pending the color combo you choose is not common. If it is, such as OW with blue stripes, AG with black stripes, etc, I would shop first.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I paid MSRP for a custom ordered car 2 years ago now, I would not pay anything over MSRP at this point, even if its a configurable allocation. Finding a white car should be easy, just remove the stripes.

OP
OP

TexasS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
i bought my current mustang in Dallas and they offered me 3K over on a 2017 GT350 (same dealer) if available when I return. Wouldn't budge off that price, and have a feeling I wouldn't do as well on trade in.

i looked all over Houston, SA, El Paso. I found 1 LB 2017 GT 350 at 1K over (also in SC). While I like the color, after having a black GT idk if I will want to do the same amount of detailing to keep it meticulously clean.

I'm from SC originally, thats my hometown dealer and will be spending some leave time there so its not out of my way per se.

Sponsored

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
No way I'm buying a regular 350 for over sticker. I wont even pay MSRP.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
There are some deals out there at MSRP. I ordered an '18 at MSRP, but it still seems there is an ADM at most places. So a small $1-2k above is probably not unreasonable to expect. Depends on how much time you want to put in trying to call around looking for a deal. Note that if you order from an out-of-state dealer and want the car delivered directly to your local dealership, there is normally a $300-500 "courtesy delivery fee" you need to pay. That assumes your local dealer even allows it...which mine did not. So they are no longer my dealer for service or for my wife's next Escape lease. Idiots. Luckily there are enough dealers in my area where I found one who will do a courtesy delivery.

I am working with a dealer in the mid-west. They are generally smaller dealers so they may only have one guaranteed allocation. So, as Tomster pointed out, the main thing is to make sure you are #1 in their order queue. If so, then you are golden. You may not get it in the first round of builds, but you will get it.

For colors, pick whatever floats your boat. Go look at the colors in person though. My initial selection that I was pretty much set on did not do anything for me when I saw that color in person (on a regular Mustang). So I switched to one that I thought looked best on the car. You really do need to see them in person to make the right call.

Good luck!

lm1z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW/Blue GT350
i bought my current mustang in Dallas and they offered me 3K over on a 2017 GT350 (same dealer) if available when I return. Wouldn't budge off that price, and have a feeling I wouldn't do as well on trade in.

i looked all over Houston, SA, El Paso. I found 1 LB 2017 GT 350 at 1K over (also in SC). While I like the color, after having a black GT idk if I will want to do the same amount of detailing to keep it meticulously clean.

I'm from SC originally, thats my hometown dealer and will be spending some leave time there so its not out of my way per se.
I will send you a PM.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Nobody can tell what the 2018 market will be like. I don't ever expect to see GT350's flying off lots below MSRP. You may with lots of work find a dealer somewhere who will order you one at MSRP but it probably won't be the dealer down the street. For piece of mind and convenience 2k is ok.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Go with the white with NO Stripes and a Black Roof!

I had a 2016 Track Pack Magnetic with Black Roof & Black Stripes. Gone but Not Forgotten

Order a 17 R Oxford White with Black Roof & No Stripes. This color combo is Awesome!

Don't get me wrong the Magnetic was bad ass too. But it's similar to a black car. It shows everything, just not as bad.
Sponsored