l8tebrker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT modded for track - Blue GT350 TP on order
Hi All,

I'm loving all the posts on the media/track tour at Laguna Seca and it has prompted a question regarding the adjustable exhaust. Sorry if this has already been covered.

Question: Does the adjustable exhaust come with the GT350 and Track Pack or is it only on the GT350R model?

The reason I ask is that Laguna Seca does have sound restrictions and so if there is a way to quiet the exhaust then I need it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The order guide states:

● Dual Exhaust with Active Valves and Quad Tips

as standard equipment for all GT350s.

OP
OP
l8tebrker

l8tebrker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT modded for track - Blue GT350 TP on order
Thanks for the quick response. Follow on question to the folks that were at Laguna Seca...

Any info on the db rating of the GT350? 92db, 95db, higher?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Most Laguna days are 90db at this point. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have burned a higher db day for the event. Not sure if they had any sound issues since I'm not there but I read in other threads that they were making people shift at 6k, could be partially due to noise concerns.

The car at WOT in sport mode in the 7k range will almost certainly be higher than 92db. C7 Corvettes can easily trip the sound meter on 92db days.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
yeah guessing you will still need turn downs even with the valves closed

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I was thinking the Ford must have secured non-limited days for their media event, because those cars sounded pretty loud. I had guessed that they were running with the valves open. Im hoping that the cars will pass sound with the valves closed, but it is probably a good idea to have some deflectors ready just in case.

My friend was just telling me that his c7 Z06 failed sound even in quiet mode (although he wasn't sure that the car actually stayed in that mode at WOT and high RPM). I'm glad Ford has provided the ability to manually control valve position in addition to having it linked to driving mode.

-T

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My friend was just telling me that his c7 Z06 failed sound even in quiet mode (although he wasn't sure that the car actually stayed in that mode at WOT and high RPM). -T
The Z06 does stay in quiet mode at WOT, even to the extend that people have damaged the system (at LS, I believe) by keeping it closed for too long at WOT, so I would be careful with this on the GT350 as well.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
The Z06 does stay in quiet mode at WOT, even to the extend that people have damaged the system (at LS, I believe) by keeping it closed for too long at WOT, so I would be careful with this on the GT350 as well.
No not necessarily. I have a C7 Z06 and even when the NPP is in Tour mode for example the exhaust pipes' butterfly valves will still automatically open when under heavy load or WOT. The NPP is programmed to open up when RPM's go above 2800 under load.

Sponsored

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No not necessarily. I have a C7 Z06 and even when the NPP is in Tour mode for example the exhaust pipes' butterfly valves will still automatically open when under heavy load or WOT. The NPP is programmed to open up when RPM's go above 2800 under load.
:thumbsup:

You can put them in a "Stealth" mode but yes under WOT they still open.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
From video, normal mode sounds pretty reasonable. Maybe on par with the last GT500...? And you can defeat the sport mode with the manual switch I believe. Man does it sound loud in wild mode though. I likey! I'm immediately deleting the resonators on my Track Pack car.

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah, I have one, too. They definitely stay in quiet mode when they are in quiet mode.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...h-mode-exhaust-sound-in-sport-track-mode.html
Well if purposely putting it in Stealth mode and pushing to WOT specifically on the track, then that's not a good thing to do... the actuators can be damaged indeed. I don't even experiment with it that way. Too bad for tracks with dB limits.

Anyway that's nice.... you have good taste in color! :D

I can"t wait to see what the GT350's will be. Here's mine at the track in between sessions. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0
Thanks for the quick response. Follow on question to the folks that were at Laguna Seca...

Any info on the db rating of the GT350? 92db, 95db, higher?
Apparently you can purchase different levels of db. Jim Owens said that for Laguna Seca they purchased the 105db limit. He said the car hit 104db with one of their drivers.
Sponsored