Sponsored

GT350 Ding Magnet?

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Anyone else finding this car attracts them pretty easy? Not sure if it's a door ding or rocks getting thrown up, hard to distinguish sometimes. I've got 3 very shallow ones with no scratch to paint (to actually see the you have to get down low and search for it with the lighting.) Still bugs me though.

Local dealer has a good "ding doctor" they recommend. Wondering what to expect on cost.

I know it's almost inevitable on cars that are driven, but a bit fast for my liking.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Anyone else finding this car attracts them pretty easy? Not sure if it's a door ding or rocks getting thrown up, hard to distinguish sometimes. I've got 3 very shallow ones with no scratch to paint (to actually see the you have to get down low and search for it with the lighting.) Still bugs me though.

Local dealer has a good "ding doctor" they recommend. Wondering what to expect on cost.

I know it's almost inevitable on cars that are driven, but a bit fast for my liking.
That's why I had Xpel applied to the rockers, bottoms of the doors and in front of the rear wheels (in addition to the front end). The sticky tires throw up all kids of stuff, and it's only going to get worse as the weather gets warmer, the tires get stickier and the hard-headed bugs come out to play.

FWIW, I've paid $60-$100 per ding for paintless dent removal.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's why I had Xpel applied to the rockers, bottoms of the doors and in front of the rear wheels (in addition to the front end). The sticky tires throw up all kids of stuff, and it's only going to get worse as the weather gets warmer, the tires get stickier and the hard-headed bugs come out to play.

FWIW, I've paid $60-$100 per ding for paintless dent removal.
Any thought to XPEL behind the rear wheels as well? Seems like stuff gets thrown there too.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
This thread is gonna make me pony up the extra $2500 to get the rest of the car covered lol

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

I have used paint-less dent repair numerous times. Never had a dent from rocks on the road but have had many chips due to it. The cost for PDR varies as little as 50 for smaller dents to 150 dollars for several dents. If it is mid-line on the vehicle it probably was some jerk who dinged you. Sometimes chips look like dents due there concaveness.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Any thought to XPEL behind the rear wheels as well? Seems like stuff gets thrown there too.
I haven't seen much hitting there yet, probably because of the black aero extensions, but I'm watching those areas. My goal is to protect the vulnerable areas of the car without wrapping the whole freaking thing in Saran Wrap. :rolleyes:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My installer said behind the rear wheel should be fine due to the spats. Also said the rockers shouldnt be that bad due to the side skirts. We shall find out!

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I got my first 2 rock chips way up on the hood near the passenger windshield wiper. :doh:

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
If you're brave enough, and the dents aren't on a crease, a blow dryer and dry ice will remove most small dents.

Paintless Dent Repair runs from 50 each all way up to 300. Creases will typically be more towards the 300 per dent cost.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Local guy here took out about 10 various dents and dings on my last car. Including a dent on the edge of my hood. Cost was 150 and he did an outstanding job.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I noticed there are 2 flaws (indents) in my sheet metal ~9 inches on either side of the rear camera on the crease in the trunk lid. They look like there are just about where the stripes would end. They can only be seen at a certain angle.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just specific to mine? Probably easier to see on a stripe-less GT350. Thanks.
Flaw.JPG

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I have the high impact area Xpel pattern (front of rear fender) and part of the Xpel rocker panel pattern (behind rear fender).

Talk to your installer, they may let you mix and match patterns like I did.

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just poor quality.
My car comes pre-dinged.

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
I noticed there are 2 flaws (indents) in my sheet metal ~9 inches on either side of the rear camera on the crease in the trunk lid. They look like there are just about where the stripes would end. They can only be seen at a certain angle.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just specific to mine? Probably easier to see on a stripe-less GT350. Thanks.
Funny - I had one on that edge too (more towards the side) before I took delivery. The dealer had a paintless guy that took care of it.

Of course, I did find a slight "protrusion" on the hood recently (right where the hood transitions from the center bulge down to the flat part). No idea how that got there. I thought I had shut the hood too hard once and hit something underneath. But there's really nothing below that. In fact, there's another layer underneath.

Last edited:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I've got one on the hood of mine I didn't see upon initial inspection but I found it the next day on the hood by the drivers fender. Dealer is going to take care of it with paintless dent.

Sponsored