GT350 coming to PDX?

OP
OP

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
In case anyone is interested.... As of 2/1, Washington has 25 and Oregon 19 of 2548 cars produced. Mine is ordered from an Idaho dealer. Idaho only has 4 cars produced so far.

My car was produced 1/15 and today was loaded on a transport from Flat Rock to Wayne Assembly Plant for rail pick-up. Hopefully it gets loaded on rail very soon to head to Salt Lake City. From there, it will travel on a OTR transport to Soda Springs, Idaho. ETA 2/22-2/26.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
In case anyone is interested.... As of 2/1, Washington has 25 and Oregon 19 of 2548 cars produced. Mine is ordered from an Idaho dealer. Idaho only has 4 cars produced so far.

My car was produced 1/15 and today was loaded on a transport from Flat Rock to Wayne Assembly Plant for rail pick-up. Hopefully it gets loaded on rail very soon to head to Salt Lake City. From there, it will travel on a OTR transport to Soda Springs, Idaho. ETA 2/22-2/26.
Did you order it with Cali emissions? Otherwise, you can't register a new car here until it has at least 7,500 miles on the clock...I looked at "importing" a new Mustang from a dealer in Texas, only to find out that the Oregon DMV regs said you can't :shrug: If I'd registered it in TX, then I would have had to have paid the roughly 8.5% TX sales tax on top of it.

According to what I read online, DMV/DEQ will do a roller test on a new vehicle imported from out of state to make sure it complies with CA emissions... :(

P.S. I think I witnessed Landmark Ford's first Shelby GT350 being delivered (end of December), I was at the dealership on other business...it was a Deep Impact Blue car with white Shelby stripes :thumbsup: Should have heard the guy revving that new Voodoo up :D I gave him a thumbs up (even though I was sitting there in of the dealers' rental Fiestas...)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
How did it turn out? I saw a yellow GT350 last week at Damerow Ford in down town Beaverton, OR. They have a $30k markup, which is not surprising for that dealer.
Heh, drove by there slowly one day ogling Mustangs on their lot. Looked like there were 3 salesmen circling for my car by the time I reached the end of East Ave. I just kept going :lol:

OP
OP

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just spoke with the dealer and OR DMV. Doesn't seem to be an issue with registering the car in OR at all. I could be wrong but I think all cars are now 50-states emission compliant.

Did you order it with Cali emissions? Otherwise, you can't register a new car here until it has at least 7,500 miles on the clock...I looked at "importing" a new Mustang from a dealer in Texas, only to find out that the Oregon DMV regs said you can't :shrug: If I'd registered it in TX, then I would have had to have paid the roughly 8.5% TX sales tax on top of it.

According to what I read online, DMV/DEQ will do a roller test on a new vehicle imported from out of state to make sure it complies with CA emissions... :(

P.S. I think I witnessed Landmark Ford's first Shelby GT350 being delivered (end of December), I was at the dealership on other business...it was a Deep Impact Blue car with white Shelby stripes :thumbsup: Should have heard the guy revving that new Voodoo up :D I gave him a thumbs up (even though I was sitting there in of the dealers' rental Fiestas...)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Just spoke with the dealer and OR DMV. Doesn't seem to be an issue with registering the car in OR at all. I could be wrong but I think all cars are now 50-states emission compliant.
Not sure, I'm looking at my window sticker from my '15, and it does state under options "California Emissions" as a no cost option (the car was sold to Landmark Ford...it was a dealer inventory car).

If they are 50 state compliant, it must be new for the '16 model year ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From ETIS with my VIN. So hopefully this is good enough to the kind people in the Republic or Oregon :)

Primary Features
Build Date: 15.01.2016
Vehicle Line: Mustang
Body Style: Coupe
Version: Shelby Version
Engine: MOD 5.2L-TIVCT PFI NA HP1 GAS
Transmission: 6 Spd Man Trans-3160
Drive: LHD RWD
Axle Ratio: 3.73
Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"USA"
Paint: Avalanche

Not sure, I'm looking at my window sticker from my '15, and it does state under options "California Emissions" as a no cost option (the car was sold to Landmark Ford...it was a dealer inventory car).

If they are 50 state compliant, it must be new for the '16 model year ;)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
From ETIS with my VIN. So hopefully this is good enough to the kind people in the Republic or Oregon :)
Hope so! I think the whole thing is a joke personally (don't recall Oregon ever having the air pollution issues that SoCal does...) :thumbsup:

VoodooV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
How did it turn out? I saw a yellow GT350 last week at Damerow Ford in down town Beaverton, OR. They have a $30k markup, which is not surprising for that dealer.
Screw that dealership.

Another PDX'er here.

Ordered two GT350's. One from UT and one from MT.

Still unscheduled/material hold..

:/

Hope I get lucky soon!

OP
OP

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you keeping both? Any idea when you'd get scheduled?

Screw that dealership.

Another PDX'er here.

Ordered two GT350's. One from UT and one from MT.

Still unscheduled/material hold..

:/

Hope I get lucky soon!
Sponsored