GT350 at Barber Motorsports Park...

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Here is some video for all you track junkies I took while at Barber Motorsports Park last Sunday. We could only get in for one day due to late registration, so we made the best of it. The car is completely stock.

We had the 911 GT3RS at the track as well, but it had a leaking valve stem and all the air leaked out while on the track. The front driver's tire was riding on the sidewall and was rendered useless for the rest of the day, so the car was retired. My brother and I shared the GT350 since we were running different groups and it did not have one hiccup all day of thrashing it around the track.

As I was latching down the last strap getting ready for this trip the UPS guy shows up with the two tires I have been waiting on - received the rears a week earlier. I ordered a set of Hoosier R7's to give the BEAST some more traction and increase braking. I did not have time to undo everything and go to my shop and mount the Hoosiers in time to set sail for Orange Beach - hitting the beach and track on the same weekend was awesome. The good news is we will be at Road Atlanta at the end of April, so that will be fun with the new audio/video setup and grippy tires.

I am using an AIM Solo DL and the SmartyCam HD and routed wiring for an external microphone clipped to the license plate. I adjusted the gain settings on the camera and there is virtually no wind noise without the use of a sock. AIM only had generic software for the 2015 Mustang on the Solo DL and it was not registering the tach and other items. So, I spoke with them and they sent me Beta software to test out for them. As you can see in the video, the unit is not registering the lap times correctly - it is all one lap, brake and throttle, gear, etc. I am sending them all of the data files so they can sort it out and revise the software for the GT350.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]o17Cb9tZ0gE[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Nice session! So I presume you were on the stock MPSS tires? Looks like the 350 likes the Barber course... it seemed to flow well thru transitions. That tracks looks fun! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Nice session! So I presume you were on the stock MPSS tires? Looks like the 350 likes the Barber course... it seemed to flow well thru transitions. That tracks looks fun! :thumbsup:
Stock PSS. Beat the hell out of them at Road Atlanta last month. The car performed well at Barber and would have done much better on Hoosiers. PSS is just not the best track tire for this car, and the GT350 was at a disadvantage relative to most cars in the video due to this. I will replace the brake fluid with Castrol SRF along with some pads.

Yes, Barber is a technical track and one of my favorites. Not only is it a great track, but it is like racing at a golf course - it is very beautiful. Also has the largest motorcycle museum on the grounds.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
great video, looks great sounds good to.
Car seemed smooth and dealt with traffic well.
Nice driving.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nice runs. I'm ready to get mine, get it broke in and get to NCM motorsports park.
Sponsored