Sponsored

General wisdom: How costly and doable is changing just the steering response or anything else independently? Likely new owner.

OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
True. Just commute outside the window. I'm only a few miles away 395 and edsal.

If you're free sometime this weekend I can show you a road or two.

I also have the b&o so you can sample that at the same time.
Thank you if you are serious, I would like to meet with you and ride along.
Sponsored

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Do we need to do a NOVA get together of A10/TREMEC Mach 1s and do the Pepsi challenge?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do we need to do a NOVA get together of A10/TREMEC Mach 1s and do the Pepsi challenge?
I drink coke or the dew. Not Pepsi. But a get together sounds like a good thing.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I greatly appreciate your offer.
I drove stick most of my life. Where I live in Fairfax the traffic is terrible. I feel an automatic is better for traffic. And I think in the long run, the cost of ownership is probably cheaper than replacing clutches.
The one that I could not do without is that Tremec...

Last edited:

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The A10 is fantastic on track. I can run full auto, semi-auto, or full manual (paddles). I will run full auto while learning a new track and then go semi, and then full manual near the end. I run full auto or semi during cold or wet conditions. When I am very familiar with the track I usually do better manual.

I get the fun and tradition of stick shift. But the A10 is more modern race car to me. And you can't screw it up - ever. Also, I typically run 3-4-5-6-7 gears on track while most stick 6spd guys run 3-4-5.

You also get remote start for hot or cold daily driving days. And the drive modes (Normal, Sport, Track) allow you to change the trans "personality" based on your needs.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And I've only been around mid Ohio on a rented KTM. Party at your house?
The party will be at Mid Ohio April 12-14th.

But getting back to steering response. Changing the stiffness with modes won't give you feed back. Replacing lateral links and tension links with spherical bearings will help. An adjustable k-member for roll center correction and track width adjustment may be what you are looking for. I'm 5'10" and my helmet and I just fit. I have short legs and like to sit more vertically. I think the Recaros are pretty comfortable and have taken long day trips in Ohio and Northern KY.

IMG_7374.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
The party will be at Mid Ohio April 12-14th.

But getting back to steering response. Changing the stiffness with modes won't give you feed back. Replacing lateral links and tension links with spherical bearings will help. An adjustable k-member for roll center correction and track width adjustment may be what you are looking for.
im 5'10" and my helmet and I just fit. I have short legs and like to sit more vertically. I think the Recaros are pretty comfortable and have taken long day trips in Ohio and Northern KY.

IMG_7374.jpeg
What are the wheels? Are they the lightest and most durable? I am looking for wheels also. I’m probably gonna go something smaller for my daily driving and thinking strongly about the continental DWS06 tires.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What are the wheels? Are they the lightest and most durable? I am looking for wheels also. I’m probably gonna go something smaller for my daily driving and thinking strongly about the continental DWS06 tires.
I have HP wheels with Sport 4s and RT660's in HP sizes. The HP wheel is my favourite design, but for the track I have gone with forged square setups from APEX with 25mm front spacers. 19x11 ET52 and 18x11 ET52 The 18's will have 315/30 Hoosier R7's and the 19's will have another set of 315/30 RT660's. These are all summer only tires. Apex forged are around 20lb a wheel.

IMG_7486.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Noleftist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Audi
About 5-6 hours ago I bought the fully loaded eruption green Mustang Mach 1, With the handling package, adaptive suspension, 10 speed, aero and all the rest!
Only had 588 miles!
I spent a lot of time researching cars that I could change the plugs and oil on myself. Then I ended up buying a bunch of maintenance packages and warranties on this vehicle. This car has a lot of tech in it. Anything that goes wrong, I am thinking is going to be a super expensive repcement or fix. So I thought it would be worth it. Does the car have any semi known problems? I have not found any, other than something about the fuel system, if I remember correctly.