Gen 2 CTS-V Experience

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Time to add a fun, but somewhat practical sedan too the stable. Anyone here have any ownership experience with these? I’m looking at low mileage examples (under 40k miles) and Primarily interested in reliability notes/flags for 2012-2013.

Thanks.
Sponsored

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Time to add a fun, but somewhat practical sedan too the stable. Anyone here have any ownership experience with these? I’m looking at low mileage examples (under 40k miles) and Primarily interested in reliability notes/flags for 2012-2013.

Thanks.
Not in the same performance league as the cts-v, but I would look into the Lexus ISF if reliability is a high priority. You have to drive one to appreciate it. Cts-v wagon tough, awesome sleeper.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I've owned an 11, 12 and 15 CTSV coupe. Without question my fav car. The 15, last year of that gen and limited edition, is my DD. Absolutely crazy car, esp in sport mode. It is an amazing mix of very fast and great handling with total quiet and smoothness. Kinda paradoxical and puzzled me initially. Always thought you could have good performance or good comfort/quite/ride, but not both. This car has gobs of both. A little thirsty, but you don't care abt that if you drive this kind of car. Good luck on your search.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
One of my favorite cars I have owned as well. The only draw back I can think of would be the fuel economy. Other than that, it is a great car all around.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I had an 05 CTS-V I bought new. As [MENTION=19556]tdzee[/MENTION] mentioned, "Always thought you could have good performance or good comfort/quite/ride, but not both." I felt the same way but then this generation CTS-V had issues. I'm glad to hear the newer generations have good reviews.

If I were to recommend a sedan, why not a R/T Charger. They're cheap as hell for a 5.7, roomy, and decently good with gas since they have cylinder deactivation. I'd look for a certified pre-owned for 100k warranty.
Sponsored