bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the R10/R8 combo was still very noisy for me. They weren't always noisy but as they warmed up they got noisier, then once they reached optimum temps they were quiet. However, you'll never reach that on a street.

I have engineered my own brake deflectors, but the design works the same as Vorshlags.

I guess I underestimated how fast I could be on the tires I run, so yes at a minimum I would go with the R12s. But if you still want to daily them I would not go any higher than R10. I will be purchasing R16s for peace of mind.
R12s were very daily with a lot of noise and I guess elevated levels of wear still manage to get 200 laps (400 km's) out of them. I'm sure R16/R12 will be hard for daily because of temps.
Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the R10/R8 combo was still very noisy for me. They weren't always noisy but as they warmed up they got noisier, then once they reached optimum temps they were quiet. However, you'll never reach that on a street.

I have engineered my own brake deflectors, but the design works the same as Vorshlags.

I guess I underestimated how fast I could be on the tires I run, so yes at a minimum I would go with the R12s. But if you still want to daily them I would not go any higher than R10. I will be purchasing R16s for peace of mind.
What tires are you running and what's your track experience level like?

I've seen @bnightstar's videos so I have an idea of what he's doing over there lol.

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
R12s were very daily with a lot of noise and I guess elevated levels of wear still manage to get 200 laps (400 km's) out of them. I'm sure R16/R12 will be hard for daily because of temps.
I have the GS-1s for daily now, so I won't worry about the R16s!

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
What tires are you running and what's your track experience level like?

I've seen @bnightstar's videos so I have an idea of what he's doing over there lol.
I was running my Pilot Sport 4s at the time as the morning was still 50 degrees F. I have been racing cars for over 15 years now, raced spec miata and formula 1600 too, so take that as you will 😂

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was running my Pilot Sport 4s at the time as the morning was still 50 degrees F. I have been racing cars for over 15 years now, raced spec miata and formula 1600 too, so take that as you will 😂
Ok so you know what you're doing and have a good chunk of experience. I think I'll be fine while then lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Ok so you know what you're doing and have a good chunk of experience. I think I'll be fine while then lol.
I think the R12/R10 combo will work great for you! But you do have to be careful, someone who doesn't know how to brake on track can actually overheat them quicker than someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm not sure of your skill level but just remember not to ride these brakes, hit them smooth but hard so you are on the brakes for the least amount of time! :like:

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the R12/R10 combo will work great for you! But you do have to be careful, someone who doesn't know how to brake on track can actually overheat them quicker than someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm not sure of your skill level but just remember not to ride these brakes, hit them smooth but hard so you are on the brakes for the least amount of time! :like:
Your second sentence is exactly why I'm going to be sticking with the stock PP pads until I get more experience under my belt.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I daily R12 (mostly due to laziness) and I don't like it. Noise, some temp issues creeping in, very bitey for street, high wear for both pads and rotors. Doesn't make sense. I still think that R10/R8 combo is good if one wants a single set and not chasing lap records on track. It seems that years of @Jstang23 's experience overpowered the pads quickly 😁 .

For fast drivers, get R16 for track and GS-1 for street.
someone who doesn't know how to brake on track can actually overheat them quicker than someone who knows what they're doing
So true.

Aless_andro00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
Yes I did love this pad set up which is what I ran! However I obviously reached the maximum temperature or had a bad pad because I ended up bending the quarter inch steel backing plate. I am probably going to move to a R12/R10 or a R16/R12 combo for the future.
Yeah, definitely. Using R16 pads on the front and R12 on the rear would give you better braking performance and heat tolerance, which is great for aggressive driving, racing, or frequent track days.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
The R18/R12 combo I daily isn't near as noisy as other cars I've street driven with various GLoc pad compounds. I do wonder if it's the Titanium pad shims (from OPM) that quiets them down?

I will caution--the brakes are like a on/off switch when ice cold. I wouldn't toss the keys to just anyone for a street drive.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I daily R12 (mostly due to laziness) and I don't like it. Noise, some temp issues creeping in, very bitey for street, high wear for both pads and rotors. Doesn't make sense. I still think that R10/R8 combo is good if one wants a single set and not chasing lap records on track. It seems that years of @Jstang23 's experience overpowered the pads quickly 😁 .

For fast drivers, get R16 for track and GS-1 for street.

So true.
Had to go back to the R10/R8's because the R12 were done and still waiting on R16/R12 to be produced and arrive. The R10 overheated at the 4th lap on the track.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Had to go back to the R10/R8's because the R12 were done and still waiting on R16/R12 to be produced and arrive. The R10 overheated at the 4th lap on the track.
For what you do and what you drive, I would not put R10's either.

I think I need to replace my Pagids RSL after track event too 😆 . (not mustang, the other car)
IMG-20240528-WA0010.jpg

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For what you do and what you drive, I would not put R10's either.

I think I need to replace my Pagids RSL after track event too 😆 . (not mustang, the other car)
IMG-20240528-WA0010.jpg
It looks like you got your money's worth here at least?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It looks like you got your money's worth here at least?
Yeah, they gave me everything they could and heroically disintegrated after last session. :ninja:

@Optimum Performance , Tim, do you think you could help inquiring about and potentially getting some Gloc pads through your contacts with them for a non-mustang car?

OP
OP
Jstang23

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I guess I was lucky or not driving as hard 😂

R16/R12 might be the new G-Loc standard for tracking mustangs!
Sponsored