Sponsored

Fuel System Noises ?

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
@LOL WUT did you ever come up with a solution or just embrace the seal? Just installed a stage 3 and I hear the same bark

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I fully embrace the seal.

From what I have been able to gather, that sound is simply the fuel system priming and moving the regulator diaphragm. It doesnā€™t do it every time and the system has shown no ill effects thus far.

Sponsored

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
I fully embrace the seal.

From what I have been able to gather, that sound is simply the fuel system priming and moving the regulator diaphragm. It doesnā€™t do it every time and the system has shown no ill effects thus far.
Right on man. I wonder if a check valve would make it go away? I donā€™t know that I will mess with it either, even if a check valve did Iā€™m not sure it would be worth the added resistance.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Right on man. I wonder if a check valve would make it go away? I donā€™t know that I will mess with it either, even if a check valve did Iā€™m not sure it would be worth the added resistance.
I had the same thoughts. Iā€™d imagine a check valve would eliminate the noise but I am not sure the outcome is worth the effort.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Just got my car running after installing the Arcane stage 3 kit. I just wanted to chime in and say Iā€™ve officially joined the barking seal club! šŸ˜ It must be that DeatschWerks regulator (aka barking seal) saying hello before you start the car.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Welcome to the club!

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Aww man...I "only" have a stage 2 and no barking seal...I want a seal...or at least an otter...I love otters....I don't want to give Juggernaut any more of my money....

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Since we have a few Arcane stage 3 folks in this thread, quick question - I got that Y adapter pretty well sandwiched in the driver wheel well between that plate and the body of the car. It seems to be transmitting a bunch of noise into the car. At speed it seems fine, but at idle there is clicking/pulsing sounds. I just assume itā€™s because that Y is making contact with the body of the car. Anyone else deal with this? Or you all probably did a better job routing through that area than I did. Haha

Iā€™m going to take the wheel well apart again, remove the plate and wrap the Y with some insulation tape stuff I found on Amazon. I may shim the plate out with some washers to give it some clearance. Not a ton of wiggle room with all my hoses routed in their final place now.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt/Cs
Since we have a few Arcane stage 3 folks in this thread, quick question - I got that Y adapter pretty well sandwiched in the driver wheel well between that plate and the body of the car. It seems to be transmitting a bunch of noise into the car. At speed it seems fine, but at idle there is clicking/pulsing sounds. I just assume itā€™s because that Y is making contact with the body of the car. Anyone else deal with this? Or you all probably did a better job routing through that area than I did. Haha

Iā€™m going to take the wheel well apart again, remove the plate and wrap the Y with some insulation tape stuff I found on Amazon. I may shim the plate out with some washers to give it some clearance. Not a ton of wiggle room with all my houses routed in their final place now.
I don't. I'm stage 3 without rails. You could try getting some big zip ties or make a small metal strap to secure it.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I don't. I'm stage 3 without rails. You could try getting some big zip ties or make a small metal strap to secure it.
Iā€™m stage 3 using my existing Whipple rails. Oh itā€™s secure, itā€™s tight against the car and the plate. Too tight against the car I think is the issue.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt/Cs
Iā€™m stage 3 using my existing Whipple rails. Oh itā€™s secure, itā€™s tight against the car and the plate. Too tight against the car I think is the issue.
So, yeah maybe a small piece of foam would work.
Sponsored