Sponsored

Fuel System Noises ?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I’ve noticed since installing a return fuel system that on occasion I get a unique sound from the front of the car when the fuel system primes. Curious if others have heard something similar or have an idea of what’s causing it. All my lines look good, no leaks, pressures are good. Only makes the noise upon priming and not every time. Almost sounds like a seal barking lol.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Updated first post with a better video. Almost sounds like the fuel pressure moving the diaphragm in the regulator.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Definitely sounds like something like that. Do you run an anti drain back of any sort? On the pumps or in-line?

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
That is absolutely crazy… who puts a barking seal under their hood? 🤣

It definitely is worrisome to say the least. I only hear my pumps prime when I open the door but never noticed if the regulators do. Might have to check and see today. Wonder if it could be a bad regulator or going bad? What brand is it?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Definitely sounds like something like that. Do you run an anti drain back of any sort? On the pumps or in-line?
The pumps have an internal check valve so nothing additional was installed on the lines.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That is absolutely crazy… who puts a barking seal under their hood? 🤣

It definitely is worrisome to say the least. I only hear my pumps prime when I open the door but never noticed if the regulators do. Might have to check and see today. Wonder if it could be a bad regulator or going bad? What brand is it?
Lol best way I could describe the noise. I’ve reached out to the vendor to get their thoughts. It’s an Arcane Stage 3 setup which comes with their regulator.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@LOL WUT this is what mine sounds like for reference. Don’t mind the a$$hole lawn crew in the back.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Sounds like fuel running through an empty regulator. If the car has been off for a while and you don't have a check valve in place the lines will drain back into the tank a bit and leave some air in the system. When the fuel pumps are then primed with the ignition the air is pushed through the system with fuel and that's what I believe you're hearing.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Sounds like fuel running through an empty regulator. If the car has been off for a while and you don't have a check valve in place the lines will drain back into the tank a bit and leave some air in the system. When the fuel pumps are then primed with the ignition the air is pushed through the system with fuel and that's what I believe you're hearing.
That’s exactly what it sounds like in person, air being forced out of something. Really appreciate you weighing in on this!!

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Thanks @Proshop ! That’s exactly how mine sounds when it’s not being a barking seal.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I have an Arcane stage 3 fuel system as well and have exactly the same sound on priming.
Had it for over a year without any issue
Thank you for chiming in! Glad to know I am not alone and no issues to report. I will be telling people it’s the flux capacitors sequencing for propulsion or that it’s my pet seal.
Sponsored