Sponsored

From Jeep to Mustang.

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just picked up my 2016 Mustang GT... traded in my 2014 Jeep Wrangler...

This is my 4th Mustang previous years have been 1993, 2001, 2011 and now the 2016. Still getting use to it but so far so good... Let the Mods begin!!!

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Ouch I don't know if I could have done that. I absolutely love jeeps, if I ever owned one I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with it. As a matter of fact if I had to only own one vehicle again it would be a wrangler. And if I didn't already own a truck I would be in the market for one

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ouch I don't know if I could have done that. I absolutely love jeeps, if I ever owned one I don't think I could ever bring myself to part with it. As a matter of fact if I had to only own one vehicle again it would be a wrangler. And if I didn't already own a truck I would be in the market for one
Yeah it wasn't easy to do but I'm happy with it so far. I wanted something different... I can see myself picking another Jeep up one day.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Jeep is a cool vehicle but Mustang is a sexy, savage beast.

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Nice! Still have my Rubi. Definitely two completely different vehicles but both fun in their own ways. What mods do you have planned man?

StuM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem 'vert
Both

Bought my latest Jeep a month before the 'stang. Both 2015's. Wrangler, Rubicon, Hard Rock Edition Unlimited and loaded GT Premium, 6mt convertible. Different strokes for different days.
Did sell my 2011 Raptor for the Jeep, though, and somewhat regret that. So am on the list for a new 2017 Raptor Supercrew, next year.

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice! Still have my Rubi. Definitely two completely different vehicles but both fun in their own ways. What mods do you have planned man?
The first mod will of course be a cat-back exhaust however which one to get is up in the air right now... I like how a lot of them sound I just need to pick one lol...

After that I am thinking about doing some suspension work maybe add the Ford Racing Track Handling pack... I did something similar on my 2011 Mustang GT and liked the results.

I imagine I will also do some of the popular mods to fix wheel hop.

Once I have that all sorted out I will work more on HP stuff like CAI, Tune, Long tubes... My friend owns a Dynojet Dyno so I will be getting some baseline numbers in a few days...

oh yeah I will also be getting the windows tinted for sure.

That should do it for the first few months of ownership :)

TikiGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I did the same thing. Traded my 14 rubicon X unlimited for my 16 GT premium. Moved and no longer needed the 4wd so it worked out very well.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Isn't Vegas close to crawling country?

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I did the same thing. Traded my 14 rubicon X unlimited for my 16 GT premium. Moved and no longer needed the 4wd so it worked out very well.
Yeah the salesman I worked with today said he had a few guys trade in Jeeps on new Mustangs recently... IMO they are both enthusiasts type vehicles so it does make sense trading one for the other...

TikiGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Isn't Vegas close to crawling country?
Close to it absolutely. I ran Moab with it and beat it pretty bad before trading it in. But I grew up in the Midwest. Mud country over red rock any day. I'm sure I'll have another jeep down the road as a toy but I'm way more content with the pony.

Yeah the salesman I worked with today said he had a few guys trade in Jeeps on new Mustangs recently... IMO they are both enthusiasts type vehicles so it does make sense trading one for the other...
They absolutely are cult followed. Love um both and they both serve their purpose well.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The better solution is to have both. :D

My Jeep is my DD, Mustang for nice weather.
jp2.jpg
1.jpg

OP
OP

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The better solution is to have both. :D

My Jeep is my DD, Mustang for nice weather.

I would have done that if I didn't have 2 motorcycles a 2013 KTM RC8R and 2014 Ducati Panigale 1199S...

Sponsored