HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Heard there was floor damage. Probably when he hit the bollard.
The bollard put a hole in the floor. I didn't see anything about the size or location. Would be interested in knowing if there was an immediate and/or chronic loss of lap time afterwards.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
The bollard put a hole in the floor. I didn't see anything about the size or location. Would be interested in knowing if there was an immediate and/or chronic loss of lap time afterwards.
Hello; Guess it remains to be seen if the orange car can outrun a sound RB. Hopes partly dashed.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Honestly, I donā€™t think thereā€™s really any mystery there. Iā€™d bet Verstsppen was doing his thing but making sure he didnā€™t do any additional damage to the car. He seemed to be genuinely happy for Norris, but I donā€™t think there was any real concern there.

Hello; Guess it remains to be seen if the orange car can outrun a sound RB. Hopes partly dashed.

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hello; Recorded and watched the sprint race today.
Miami GP Sprint result changed as Lewis Hamilton receives huge penalty (msn.com)

What is a puzzle is how the penalties are applied. I did not watch the past sprint race but according to talking heads calling todays sprint race there was an incident last time by Alonzo and Alonzo got a penalty for it. Today Hamilton caused a collision described as similar to Alonzo's. Hamilton does not get a penalty for that but gets one for speeding in the pit lane.

Norris who was pinned by Hamilton and another car and knocked out of the race gets a penalty for walking on the track or some such during a safety car, but the drivers who broke his car go free.

I was hoping the revised orange car (Norris) would shine. Maybe tomorrow???
Can't defend Hamilton on that sprint race mess. The FIA said originally that they didn't see anyone predominantly to blame... errr, do you have eyes! totally 100% Hamilton's fault, ruined three other cars races.

Alonso's incident in the previous sprint was reckless too, deserved a penalty but Hamilton deserved a bigger penalty than Alonso. Needs to be more consistency, the FIA claim first lap first corner incidents get more leniency but this was a stupid move and could have been a much bigger incident.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Can't defend Hamilton on that sprint race mess. The FIA said originally that they didn't see anyone predominantly to blame... errr, do you have eyes! totally 100% Hamilton's fault, ruined three other cars races.

Alonso's incident in the previous sprint was reckless too, deserved a penalty but Hamilton deserved a bigger penalty than Alonso. Needs to be more consistency, the FIA claim first lap first corner incidents get more leniency but this was a stupid move and could have been a much bigger incident.
Hello; I have not read the articles but see that Alonzo is fussing about being treated unfairly. Guess for the same incidents.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

Lewis had a part in the fault, but Alonso was already into Stroll before Lewis got there. Was it enough to cause Lando incident before Lewis hit them??? Who knows. but I think this is why they didn't penalize Lewis. If you watch it in slow motion on YT at this point Lewis isnt even there yet and Alonso has already hit Stroll

1715294404405-uk.png

This is right before they touched and Stroll is already going around
1715294594758-jf.png

Now Alonso I'm sure reacted to Lewis being there and caused the direction change on his steering wheel. Again, this is why I think the stewards didn't penalize Lewis, Turn 1 and Alonso already hit Stroll.

Another angle where you see Alonso into Stroll before Hamilton smashed his way in
1715294951927-v0.png

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Lewis had a part in the fault, but Alonso was already into Stroll before Lewis got there. Was it enough to cause Lando incident before Lewis hit them??? Who knows. but I think this is why they didn't penalize Lewis. If you watch it in slow motion on YT at this point Lewis isnt even there yet and Alonso has already hit Stroll

1715294404405-uk.png

This is right before they touched and Stroll is already going around
1715294594758-jf.png

Now Alonso I'm sure reacted to Lewis being there and caused the direction change on his steering wheel. Again, this is why I think the stewards didn't penalize Lewis, Turn 1 and Alonso already hit Stroll.

Another angle where you see Alonso into Stroll before Hamilton smashed his way in
1715294951927-v0.png
Hello; Nice try. No question others were going for the same soon to vanish hole. An omitted thing is your presentation is Lewis is a two or three time champion and by now ought to know better that there would not be a place for him to exist. All these drivers ought to know better and very likely do. They take unreasonable chances during the starts and first few curves because the series makes passing so difficult.

But some convoluted defense of Lewis is not actually the point in this case. I did not se the pat race incident where Alonzo is reported to have done something similarly dumb and was punished. I first learned of that from the race announcers. The similarity of the separate incidences stood out to them enough to spend some time talking about it. I get that it is a F1 race, so they have to find something to talk about.

Seems the question is why one gets punished, and the other does not. I think I know the answer by the way. Just do not see why Lewis still gets a pass anymore.

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I admit, this is pretty damming. Alonso was lucky Lewis tried to throw it up the inside so he could say he was taking avoiding action. there's no way Alonso had already reacted to Lewis at this point.
Having said that, Lewis was still bloody stupid there.. what's the saying, you cant win a race at turn 1. But you can certainly lose the race.

1715608574764-w9.png

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31567&start=510

McLaren have been on an upswing since last year. The link above highlights the most recent changes to the car, between China and Miami.

With that, I've been tracking and watching the World Endurance Championship more and more.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/

Things to like:

- The season is shorter, so races and points take on more importance

- With a larger and enclosed cockpit, there are a lot more "goodies" to watch and pay attention to

- Different levels of cars competing on the same course. Overtaking has to happen

- With re-fueling, tire and driver changes, strategy can become critical

- I've been surprised by the level of camera coverage. Heavily-detailed tear-downs can often be seen

- Overall, more driver, team and car engagement with the fans and viewers

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
WEC is great for fans. Even better in person.

https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31567&start=510

McLaren have been on an upswing since last year. The link above highlights the most recent changes to the car, between China and Miami.

With that, I've been tracking and watching the World Endurance Championship more and more.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/

Things to like:

- The season is shorter, so races and points take on more importance

- With a larger and enclosed cockpit, there are a lot more "goodies" to watch and pay attention to

- Different levels of cars competing on the same course. Overtaking has to happen

- With re-fueling, tire and driver changes, strategy can become critical

- I've been surprised by the level of camera coverage. Heavily-detailed tear-downs can often be seen

- Overall, more driver, team and car engagement with the fans and viewers

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144