Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Motogp is amazing. Even better in person. F1 could learn a lot from Motogp on how to treat fans. We’ll see if Liberty screws up Motogp now that they bought it.
liberty for sure will mess up Motogp but in some areas might improve it especially regarding contact between riders. Between cars, it's not great. Between bikes, well we saw last year a stack of riders out for multiple race weekends with broken bones because of stupid overtakes that were never going to happen safely and ended up with broken riders and bikes. SOme moves dont result in contact but stuff up others races as they take avoiding action from a numbskull firing it up the inside of turn 1 on the first lap. Jorge Martin, I'm looking at you. Not cool at all

Re F1 and back on topic - British sporting press might have got it right after all, first time for everything

https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/adrian-newey-to-leave-red-bull-in-2025

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
iberty for sure will mess up Motogp but in some areas might improve it especially regarding contact between riders. Between cars, it's not great. Between bikes, well we saw last year a stack of riders out for multiple race weekends with broken bones because of stupid overtakes that were never going to happen safely and ended up with broken riders and bikes.
Hello; Guess it becomes what can be lived with and what gets watered down. So doing something dumb, dangerous but very exciting such as racing motorcycles at near 200 mph gets turned into what we have in F1.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Andretti should be allowed in but a bit misleading for congress to infer anti-US bias by FOM, claiming it would be the first US owned F1 Team. The "US F1 Team" was granted entry for the 2010 season. They fell apart and never competed. Congress needs better fact checkers and proof readers. Or Andretti does if they drafted it.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Motogp is amazing. Even better in person. F1 could learn a lot from Motogp on how to treat fans. We’ll see if Liberty screws up Motogp now that they bought it.
And this could be one of the best seasons ever. Acosta may become the best rider in history. Amazing speed, race-craft and results for a rookie on a satellite team.

More impressive than Marquez was when he started.

And speaking of which, Marquez almost won in Spain on a year-old bike.

And if you like politics, you have Dall'Igna who had opposed a Ducati satellite team hiring Marquez, now going out of the way to point out the 2023 bike Marc nearly won with was significantly slower than the 2024. Bet his factory team loved that.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Recorded and watched the sprint race today.
Miami GP Sprint result changed as Lewis Hamilton receives huge penalty (msn.com)

What is a puzzle is how the penalties are applied. I did not watch the past sprint race but according to talking heads calling todays sprint race there was an incident last time by Alonzo and Alonzo got a penalty for it. Today Hamilton caused a collision described as similar to Alonzo's. Hamilton does not get a penalty for that but gets one for speeding in the pit lane.

Norris who was pinned by Hamilton and another car and knocked out of the race gets a penalty for walking on the track or some such during a safety car, but the drivers who broke his car go free.

I was hoping the revised orange car (Norris) would shine. Maybe tomorrow???

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
lol, talk about a can of worms. I really think the stewards are back there throwing …. at a board to see what sticks and assess. Not really actually, but not far off. Lol.

Hello; Recorded and watched the sprint race today.
Miami GP Sprint result changed as Lewis Hamilton receives huge penalty (msn.com)

What is a puzzle is how the penalties are applied. I did not watch the past sprint race but according to talking heads calling todays sprint race there was an incident last time by Alonzo and Alonzo got a penalty for it. Today Hamilton caused a collision described as similar to Alonzo's. Hamilton does not get a penalty for that but gets one for speeding in the pit lane.

Norris who was pinned by Hamilton and another car and knocked out of the race gets a penalty for walking on the track or some such during a safety car, but the drivers who broke his car go free.

I was hoping the revised orange car (Norris) would shine. Maybe tomorrow???

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
lol, talk about a can of worms. I really think the stewards are back there throwing …. at a board to see what sticks and assess. Not really actually, but not far off. Lol.
Hello; Another thing crossed my mind later while watching a second qualifying this weekend. That rash move by Lewis and the other driver who pinned Norris was in a secondary sprint race. wilt qualifying for and the main race yet to come. Could have knocked several cars out of tomorrows race.
I sort of get Lewis as he has vanishing chances of a good finish. Norris on the other hand has a newly modified rig showing promise.

Will they throw Magneson Magnussen out of his car?

Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I get the safety car helped Norris get the lead. However, he pulled away from Max and had an 8 second lead.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Evidently there was an issue with the car but I didnT hear what it was. Or if they even said.

Hello; I get the safety car helped Norris get the lead. However, he pulled away from Max and had an 8 second lead.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Evidently there was an issue with the car but I didnT hear what it was. Or if they even said.
Hello; Fortunately/unfortunately I had enough slack time to watch a lot of televised stuff from the Miami race. Seems all week the RB was pushing (understeer). Such does not take away from the orange car's pace. Was it a fluke and the status quo returns next race?
I do hope there will be some competition up front. I also hope Max does not become a whiner reporting every perceived infraction to the stewards.
Regardless I look to the next race with increased interest. Hope it lasts.