Sponsored

Ford Recalls 830K Vehicles (incl 2015 Mustang) to Fix Faulty Door Latches

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Is this 2015s only? Wondering if i should ask the dealer while my car is in dealing with a brake, decklid, puddle light issues
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
2015's only ..yes!!!!

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Mine will probably have to go in since it came from Tx.
I thought the Mustangs being recalled were made in Flat Rock, MI? I didn't know there was a Mustang assembly plant in TX?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium,PP, Manual, Recaro
How do I find out if my car is part of the recall? How do I find my build date? thank you

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
How do I find out if my car is part of the recall? How do I find my build date? thank you
The advanced letter said nothing about Mustangs outside the USA ... it only at the present time covers 16 states in the US. Besides, it doesn't get real hot in Canada anyway, and the info makes it sound like sunny hot states are what they are going after right now.

You can see when your car was build (the month and year) by looking at the sticker inside the driver's side door.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I posted this in the EU thread yesterday, but here are my findings...
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61235

Since some time I have issues with the door handle on my 15EB, (hard to open & close, door-handle going into a loop lock when trying to open from outside etc.) although my build week was May 13th '15, so after the recall date of April 30th. Anyway that said, I noticed that the spring on my 15 is thicker in diameter than on the 16GT that I compared it with yesterday. Maybe someone could take a pic of the 16 spring as I didn't unfortunately but might be able to do so next week or so..

Spring on my 15:

attachment.jpg
That's a door handle, not a door latch. The issue is with the door latches.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I received the recall card. But the card says the replacement parts are unavailable until "sometime" during the 2nd quarter of 2017. No parts after two years? Sounds like a law suit waiting to happen. When I bring mine in, I am going to have them adjust the drivers side door so that it's level as well as address the height at which the trunk closes. The trunk lip has scratched a line in the paint from left to right, so they will have to do a bit of paint touch up as well. I remember us "early adopters" had lots of body panel alignment issues.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ The door latch recall hasn't been out for 2 years, more like 6~8 months. Ford much not think it's a very dangerous situation if it takes them even 6 months to get new parts available.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
GT Pony: While the "Official" recall notice was released by Ford 6 months ago, Ford knew of the issue way before then. One would think that the door latches on the '16 and '17 Mustangs would fit the '15... guess they don't want to hold up the production line like they did when they had many of our 2015 parts on constraint and vehicles were delayed.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Pony: While the "Official" recall notice was released by Ford 6 months ago, Ford knew of the issue way before then. One would think that the door latches on the '16 and '17 Mustangs would fit the '15... guess they don't want to hold up the production line like they did when they had many of our 2015 parts on constraint and vehicles were delayed.
There's always a lot of time between when an automaker knows there's a problem and when the recall comes out. Sometimes the NHTSA has to force the automaker to do a safety recall, or they'd never put a recall out.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Recall notice on ford's site says this:

"FORD PROVIDED THE GENERAL REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR THE COST OF REMEDIES PAID FOR BY VEHICLE OWNERS PRIOR TO NOTIFICATION OF A SAFETY RECALL TO THE AGENCY IN FEBRUARY 2015. THE ENDING DATE FOR REIMBURSEMENT ELIGIBILITY IS OCTOBER 31, 2016."

and then this:

"Status: 12 - RECALL INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE."

Wonder how long the labor is to do this. I don't want to take my car there and have them joyride it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wonder how long the labor is to do this. I don't want to take my car there and have them joyride it.
I had mine done a couple months ago. I was told Ford pays the dealer 4 hours to complete the job, but my local dealer said they were already complaining because it takes more like 6. And that's about what they took to complete mine. Not to mention using a screwdriver to pry off my window switch bezels which I had to come back for them to replace.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Per the link above to the TSB the dealership is only paid the for the time allotted by Ford on page 5 of that document; 2.3 hours for mustangs

I was told around 2.5 which sounds right. 4 or 6 hours means they were not working on the car the whole time or started late. I HIGHLY doubt the dealership it putting in double the time they are getting paid for on their dime paying the techs.

The procedure for Mustang is on the 2nd to last page. It really should take all of 1 hour total per side max. The longest part is they seemingly have to remove the glass to do this for some reason
Sponsored