Sponsored

Ford Recalls 830K Vehicles (incl 2015 Mustang) to Fix Faulty Door Latches

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Dang, I live in AZ. Looks like I'll be bringing mine in soon.
Mine too, with a manufacture date of April 2015 (I think). Maybe this time I'll take it to a different dealer and ask them if they can fix the f*cking squeaks.

EDIT: Nope, build date of August. It looks like my latches are safe, but the squeaks still drive me nuts.
Sponsored

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
Mine too, with a manufacture date of April 2015 (I think). Maybe this time I'll take it to a different dealer and ask them if they can fix the f*cking squeaks.

EDIT: Nope, build date of August. It looks like my latches are safe, but the squeaks still drive me nuts.
Something inside my drivers side door rattles. I have taken it apart 3 times now and each time its fixed for about 3 months, then whatever it is starts to rattle again.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So it sounds like the door panels will have to come off and they will have to get inside the door to get the latch replaced. Shouldn't be too bad, but again it doesn't take much for the dealership to tear shit up trying to fixed something relatively simple. Seen it happen many times.

RubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT 6MT, Ruby Red with Ceramic Interior
My lucky day, now all of my cars (3) are under a safety recall. I received a letter today from Mazda regarding the Takata passenger airbag recall on my Mazda 6. I also have a 2007 Honda Civic that is under a Takata passenger airbag recall. I read somewhere that it is estimated that 1 in 6 cars on the road now under a safety recall.

Sponsored

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
Hey, if I'm driving nuts enough for my door to fly open, I deserve to fall out!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Hey, if I'm driving nuts enough for my door to fly open, I deserve to fall out!
I was thinking the same thing, probably a good enough reason to start wearing my seatbelt again...lol.;):D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I posted this in the EU thread yesterday, but here are my findings...
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61235

Since some time I have issues with the door handle on my 15EB, (hard to open & close, door-handle going into a loop lock when trying to open from outside etc.) although my build week was May 13th '15, so after the recall date of April 30th. Anyway that said, I noticed that the spring on my 15 is thicker in diameter than on the 16GT that I compared it with yesterday. Maybe someone could take a pic of the 16 spring as I didn't unfortunately but might be able to do so next week or so..

Spring on my 15:

attachment.jpg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about what you think the thickness of the spring has to do with the doors opening by themselves...I have a late model 16 & haven't had any issues with it, but then again the recall is for the 15's....

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm curious about what you think the thickness of the spring has to do with the doors opening by themselves...I have a late model 16 & haven't had any issues with it, but then again the recall is for the 15's....
No idea, but since the recall mentions the spring I figured I could check it out while I had the chance to compare it with a new 16, and to my surprise I noticed the difference.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I got the impression the recall was for the actual latch at the back end of the door that latches to the loop on the body. Not the door handle. :shrug:

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Funny SC is not on list, but equal or hotter than GAAnd FL....

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I called my dealership today and they were unaware of the recall. After another search, he was able to find it in their system. Then he looked at my VIN and said it showed no recalls, and that my GT was built on March 11th 2014 and it was not built at the Flat Rock plant. When I pressed him about the build date, he backed off from the March date, but didn't agree that it was built at Flat Rock in November. I guess he doesn't know how closely we early adopters were watching COTUS. (My GT was built in the Flat Rock plant on 11/18/14, so it falls under the date and location requirements of the recall) The service manager told me that the according to his records, customer letters will go out from Ford on 9/5/16, so lets see how good there records are.

I wonder if they will replace both driver and passenger sides..? :doh:

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I guess it doesn't get hot in Tennessee. No need for me to worry. It's only 94 here.
:lol::thumbsup:

Mine will probably have to go in since it came from Tx.
Sponsored