Sponsored

Ford racing program tune?

gqllc007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Does anyone know a link to a FRP tune package? I am new to Mustang's and read that they won't void the warranty?? I googled it several times but apparently have no clue what I am looking at. I want to replace the intake and the exhaust but don't want to void the warranty. Also heard they fix the shift in the manual. I have a 2017 5.0 manual
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Does anyone know a link to a FRP tune package? I am new to Mustang's and read that they won't void the warranty??
Just a clarification on this.

Ford Racing is considered aftermarket in terms of warranty approval/denial.

It REPLACES your existing warranty with one of their own (usually 3/36). It does technically reduce your warranty if you have more than 3/36 left (even extended) for the parts it replaces or CAN affect.

Now it usually comes down to the dealership and how they operate. Some are ok with Ford Racing parts some not.

As always, it is best to have a good relationship with the service manager.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It REPLACES your existing warranty with one of their own (usually 3/36). It does technically reduce your warranty if you have more than 3/36 left (even extended) for the parts it replaces or CAN affect.
When speaking with an FRPP rep about this, they say that the 3/36 is retained and so will the 5/60 powertrain unless it is specifically found to be directly from the tune itself (which might be tough). With an FRPP friendly dealer, and there are plenty of those, you should not have much issue even with a 5/60 warranty.

But again, it all varies and is not 100%.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
When speaking with an FRPP rep about this, they say that the 3/36 is retained and so will the 5/60 powertrain unless it is specifically found to be directly from the tune itself (which might be tough). With an FRPP friendly dealer, and there are plenty of those, you should not have much issue even with a 5/60 warranty.

But again, it all varies and is not 100%.
Yup. Really depends on dealer.

As with any mods, they have to be proven to cause the issue...but good luck fighting the dealership and spending money on lawyers.
Sponsored