Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I've got a Borla S Type active cat-back with x-pipe and it seems to run fine with the tune.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I wish that Ford Performance would make a tune that could accommodate long tube headers, H or X Pipe, and a factory option axle back exhaust. We know that the FP Calibration Kits and Tunes are pretty much rock solid. Imagine that
They would also have to produce a kit though. No way they are going to make a tune for random aftermarket market parts companies.

If Ford performance came out with a kit for long tube catted headers and a tune. ohh boy I would be all over that.

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
They would also have to produce a kit though. No way they are going to make a tune for random aftermarket market parts companies.

If Ford performance came out with a kit for long tube catted headers and a tune. ohh boy I would be all over that.
Yep that's what I was saying. Could you imagine a kit to allow long tube headers? These cars are already decent bang for the buck. Some sort of kit like you said would be incredible

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I wish that Ford Performance would make a tune that could accommodate long tube headers, H or X Pipe, and a factory option axle back exhaust. We know that the FP Calibration Kits and Tunes are pretty much rock solid. Imagine that
Their handheld is very reliable and easy. Even better so than the RTD+. The BT on the RTD is cool, but it still has errors and you have to restart.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Yeah, if only there was some kind of service available that could write a tune to accommodate any and all of the parts you put on. Imagine that. FP tune is a great tune for a conservative, canned tune. But that's exactly what it is, a good tune for a nearly stock motor. If you want catless headers and so on and so forth you'll need to custom tune, period. That isn't an easy, straight forward tune nor is a modified motor going to behave with all of the civility of a stock motor. The factory motor is designed to do exactly that and hot rod parts sacrifice that for power, nothing comes for free.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Had the FP calibration kit installed yesterday, my immediate response when driving it home was NOT good. Totally changed the sound of the exhaust note and not in a good way. I'll give it some time but I have a feeling it will be coming out.

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine changed as well, but still sounds great with my Borla ATAK catback. Do you have stock exhaust, or aftermarket?

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I had a Steeda X pipe installed at the same time as the calibration kit. I get a lot of compliments and thumbs up on the sound.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
It sounded good with the switchfire, and excellent with the borla axle back.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I look forward to hearing about these changes to sound. In the past when I was tune it usually cleans up the sound little bit.

dottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium 6MT
Had the FP calibration kit installed yesterday, my immediate response when driving it home was NOT good. Totally changed the sound of the exhaust note and not in a good way. I'll give it some time but I have a feeling it will be coming out.
Interesting - I didn't realize intake and tune could have that big an effect on exhaust sound. I'd love to hear some sound clips!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual