Sponsored

Ford Dealers are Terrible

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Attitude matters, who said anything about anyone that went in with an attitude. I’m nice, polite and professional. Even when I don’t get what I there (loaner) I don’t complain, or even ask to speak to the service manager which maybe I should... but I chalk it up to just searching for someone (dealer) who cares about the job they are doing like as you said taking pride in the work.

(you’re right about the SMT part, Senior Master Tech?)
Sorry just a view from the other side . What I have found , don't tell a service advisor , if you can talk to the tech the issue will most likely get resolved. Now on the flip side , most techs don't want to talk to people about there issue . Main reason is we didn't build it , but we have to figure out how to fix it . Fords tech support is garbage, I'll leave it at that . I do have to say , I make a good living fixing this stuff. All manifactures have there flaws , the product isn't bad , but with any MASS produced product your going to have issues. I work for what would be a small dealer , but have built up a heck of client base . If most service advisors would not sugar coat shit and call it like it is , most mustang owners would understand . As for your itch to get a loaner , if you read your owners manual no way from Ford . That is up to the dealer , witch isn't owned by ford . And your right on smt , not an easy achievement.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Sorry just a view from the other side . What I have found , don't tell a service advisor , if you can talk to the tech the issue will most likely get resolved. Now on the flip side , most techs don't want to talk to people about there issue . Main reason is we didn't build it , but we have to figure out how to fix it . Fords tech support is garbage, I'll leave it at that . I do have to say , I make a good living fixing this stuff. All manifactures have there flaws , the product isn't bad , but with any MASS produced product your going to have issues. I work for what would be a small dealer , but have built up a heck of client base . If most service advisors would not sugar coat shit and call it like it is , most mustang owners would understand . As for your itch to get a loaner , if you read your owners manual no way from Ford . That is up to the dealer , witch isn't owned by ford . And your right on smt , not an easy achievement.

Nice! Yeah there’s a tech here at a local dealer that works on the GT500s. When those aren’t around he does the Shelby and GTs. I tried to catch my tech as he was bringing my car in but like you said most don’t want to talk they just turn the keys in and let the advisor know and that’s the end of the story lol.
I get it I think I might be over the loner ordeal. Might have to buy me a 1 or 2k to have as a back up anyways. I like my car the flaws I’ll suppose I’ll have to live with I mean it’s not a forever thing so might as well enjoy it while it last right?

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
OK , been following this thread for a while, I'm chiming in . Not all dealers are the same , as noted . I am a smt , if you don't know what that means I'm sorry . I take a lot of pride in what I do , same dealer 30 plus years , third owner now . The flat rate thing is true , but ford does pay to diagnose stuff . The thing is you have to document everything , most techs are lazy and want the quick hit . If you want a service experience that leaves you satisfied, here are some pointers 1- Your not the only person with car troubles 2- Ask to talk to the the tech , be reasonable sometimes they can't be pulled off a job . 3- DON'T go in thinking you know it all , just because you read it on the Web . 4- Most dealerships will work with you if you lose the attitude , What I have to come come to realize is that most clients that walk threw our door are pissed . If you step back and think about it , the 3 bs come into factor . I didn't build it I didn't buy it and I sure as hell didn't brake it . With that said, most of the time if you go in with a different attitude you will get better results . Try it you may like it .
Yeah i was the most forgiving and easy person to work with and got walked on up and down. Y'all wonder why people come in pissed off its because we get taken advantage of regularly, throughout the sales price and then again any time for service. Ford Service is garbage. We can say so brands have issues etc but Ford has a tendency to treat their customers far worse.

I have a friend with an escape ecoboost spewing soot and driving terribly after the second engine rebuild under warranty and now they are trying to say the car is acting normal. He had to fight every time even when there was clear evidence it was burning coolant and timing terribly. Meanwhile his Subaru had a transmission issue and was given a loaner for repairs no questions asked.

And guess what he'll never buy again, guess what he'll definitely buy again....

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah i was the most forgiving and easy person to work with and got walked on up and down. Y'all wonder why people come in pissed off its because we get taken advantage of regularly, throughout the sales price and then again any time for service. Ford Service is garbage. We can say so brands have issues etc but Ford has a tendency to treat their customers far worse.

I have a friend with an escape ecoboost spewing soot and driving terribly after the second engine rebuild under warranty and now they are trying to say the car is acting normal. He had to fight every time even when there was clear evidence it was burning coolant and timing terribly. Meanwhile his Subaru had a transmission issue and was given a loaner for repairs no questions asked.

And guess what he'll never buy again, guess what he'll definitely buy again....
Probably every manufacture provides loners expect ford and dodge it seems lol.
Dodge might even be more generous. I do know that when a dealer agrees to sell a certain car if the manufacture offers a loaner program the dealer have to honor that.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
These cars push 40-50 grand easy.... the service treatment is absolute garbage considering. Now Ford has people cross shopping luxury cars that offer a far better ownership experience with warranty work, such as myself. They can't push upmarket like this and expect to treat them like crap

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
These cars push 40-50 grand easy.... the service treatment is absolute garbage considering. Now Ford has people cross shopping luxury cars that offer a far better ownership experience with warranty work, such as myself. They can't push upmarket like this and expect to treat them like crap

100% agree. If you asked me a few years ago you couldn’t tell me shit, I’d say buy a Ford or a Dodge. Now I’m like maybe a Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, BMW, Merc, Jaguar even might be better.
I don’t mean on the basis of quality or reliability but just on the fact or overall ownership experience. Longer warranty (that you don’t have to purchase), loaner program, those are the two most obvious.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
How does that make any sense?
Thats the point, there isn't enough money to diagnose built in to the repair. Thats why it literally has to break before they can fix it.

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
I hear ya. I took mine in to 3 dealers for a chirp in the rear end. All they did was hot rod my car and put miles on it. I know for a fact one dealer did some high speed test drives cause the launch control was left on when I got it back. I never have it on, hell I've never used it. I ended up spending my own money and replaced the right rear hub. And my car is a 2019 and only had 3000 miles on it.
My car chirps too when I let off the gas quickly after WOT. It’s a 2019 EcoBoost. I think it’s normal. Honestly a lot of sounds are normal and it’s better to not even take your car to the dealer. Who knows they could rip a part out of it and replace it with a worn out one

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How does that make any sense?
they get to book 'job done' and kick the car out the back. paid either way. They can put a check-mark on their task, whether that solved the customer's problem is irrelevent.They're playing percentages just like the $200/hr computer tech support you ring up - Did you try rebooting your Windows computer? Call us back (and wait for 30 min) if the problem wasn't fixed.

When you don't measure (or pay for) success, just thru-put, you get thru-put, and not success.

I get this all the time with software devs - supposedly a "smarter" class of people vs auto techs. Point out a bug, they fix the one instance and it doesn't occur to them to fix ALL instances of the same bug everywhere it's to be found. Or take the opportunity to rewrite the code so there's not 50 places to fix, but rather one in the first place. Everytime I get angry my boss reminds me that fully half of humanity is really frickin' stupid and worse, lazy.

Reactions: dx2

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Great experience at the Ford dealer today!
I noticed some oil drops on my garage floor, which ignored the first day. Today was the 2nd day and I decided it’s Saturday and I’m off let me try and get this checked out. Thought of going to my local dealers however they all closed by 1pm and it was 12pm so I wouldn’t make it in time.

However one local dealer was open til 5. So I hustle the GT down there and was expecting a lack luster uncomfortable experience. It was everything but that. Great service from start to finish. They said they’ll over look a tune friendly and all smiles. I was even sitting there and a random employee said is that your Mustang I said yeah! He said come with me to check this out... (pix inserted). I even tipped the advisor and the oil tech. I’ll will be back here for all my future service needs that’s for sure. Either I caught them on a great day or they aren’t all bad. They were empty too, so empty he was able to pull my car right in for my first service also.
278AE316-1B5F-4D9F-AA42-14B3A54FD9E3.jpeg
0FBFB85F-46A8-49D0-840C-D29C540F80A2.jpeg
670F87E3-560E-41BF-9EAD-DAB86E982830.jpeg
646BF1E7-FAF9-48F5-8FF1-F16279B729CF.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I really like that color on the GT500. I also didn't know you too had an Oxford GT, lol. Guess now you know which dealer to use.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I really like that color on the GT500. I also didn't know you too had an Oxford GT, lol. Guess now you know which dealer to use.
Ugly color to me lol.
And yeah I have that white girl in the picture there.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The only thing I regret that I saw the oil tech do was he added a bit of water to my engine coolant. Which I didn’t feel was necessary. Really didn’t want it done but I didn’t say anything and hopefully it doesn’t hurt anything.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I regret that I saw the oil tech do was he added a bit of water to my engine coolant. Which I didn’t feel was necessary. Really didn’t want it done but I didn’t say anything and hopefully it doesn’t hurt anything.
If wasn't distilled water I would be concerned . Better check on that .
Sponsored