Not open for further replies.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Agreed. Personally would never pay that.
Problem is people ARE, so as a dealer why not? You have a product that is in high demand with limited supply. Classic economics will push the price up, if/when demand lessens or supply increases the price will stabalize/come down.

You really can't blame the dealer - if you were in their shoes you would do the same thing. In a previous life I sold cars (Chrysler's, yea shoot me) this was when the Caravan was the bomb and the V6 extended was brand new (yes I am old). We slapped a $5K markup on them (this was in the 80's on a $20K minivan) - and people LINED UP to buy them. Eventually supply caught up and they removed the markup stickers.
Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I agree with everyone that says FU to the ADM. I had a great laugh a couple months back. Last August, I went to the local Ford dealership and test drove a red 2015 GT Premium with 20" wheels. I really liked the car and talked pricing. MSRP was $41XXX and they had $2500 ADM. I used to work in Fleet Dept. at a Ford dealership and said no way on ADM, and was willing to go $1K over invoice. They wouldn't budge on their price, so I walked. Got my current GT at $296 over invoice from another dealer.

Now for the great laugh. Was at the local new car show, and when I hit the Ford display, there was the same car I had driven 6 months earlier and it had a price on the windshield of $38XXX. I just checked the dealers inventory, and they still have the car today, 8 months later. HAHA That's another 8 months of flooring charges they could have avoided if they had just taken my $1K over invoice offer.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Ummmmm, you know that Shelby died years ago and there are no more real Shelby cars being created. Anything with the Shelby name on it is a marketing rip-off.

My 66 Sunbeam Tiger is more Shelby than the GT350.
Per chance...what is a "real Shelby"?

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Dealer near me has about 10 350's not sure what the ADM is. They also have Roush stage 3.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
You're part of the problem.
Me and the ones that have been lucky enough to place our orders or the thousands on dealers list just to get a chance to buy one on an allocation.

Sponsored

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
Me and the ones that have been lucky enough to place our orders or the thousands on dealers list just to get a chance to buy one on an allocation.
"Lucky" enough to pay large markups on cars that really aren't all that special. You can keep your luck.:lol:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
ADMs very dealer to dealer, his might be extremely high. He will move them with an ADM attached. As far as a special car?, do you know anything about these cars? Read a Car&Driver, MotorTrend any auto publication. These are arguably one of the best Mustangs out in 40+ years. As far as depreciation, my Shelby according to Kelly BB is valued $8k higher than I paid for it ADM included, slso I have no intention of selling it anyway. And lastly what is the difference of the guy that buys a regular mustang and dumps $20/30k into it,(witch he will never get back)or me buying a ShelbyGT350. Thing with the Shelby only 5k of them being built only 500 of the R model.

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
I agree. Fuck ADM. There's a reason Ford prices the cars the way they do, so that they're competitive and the dealers still make money. I think it should be against the franchise agreements to charge ADM on anything.

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If he could sell it to another (waiting)dealer-then why did he call you?

Tell him the 2017's are coming to out soon, you'll pay him MSRP and to stick his ADM. I wouldn't drive a GT350 every day to rack up miles on it, so it wouldn't be very practical as I still would have to pay the add. expenses for a DD.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If he could sell it to another (waiting)dealer-then why did he call you?

Tell him the 2017's are coming to out soon, you'll pay him MSRP and to stick his ADM. I wouldn't drive a GT350 every day to rack up miles on it, so it wouldn't be very practical as I still would have to pay the add. expenses for a DD.
BINGO

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
ADMs very dealer to dealer, his might be extremely high. He will move them with an ADM attached. As far as a special car?, do you know anything about these cars? Read a Car&Driver, MotorTrend any auto publication. These are arguably one of the best Mustangs out in 40+ years. As far as depreciation, my Shelby according to Kelly BB is valued $8k higher than I paid for it ADM included, slso I have no intention of selling it anyway. And lastly what is the difference of the guy that buys a regular mustang and dumps $20/30k into it,(witch he will never get back)or me buying a ShelbyGT350. Thing with the Shelby only 5k of them being built only 500 of the R model.
All I hear is blah blah blah from somebody who actually paid a dealer markup.:lol:
Keep telling yourself it was worth it, buddy. As long as you're convinced, that's all that matters, right?

Mustang4Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible DIB
What happened to market economics... Dealers have every right to add ADM if they choose to. The demand in the marketplace will tell them if they're priced correctly. If they find a buyer willing to pay, then it's a fair deal and right-priced for the market.

I personally wouldn't pay ADM, but you have to pay to play and that cost is worth it to some.

Why hate on people for buying something they want at a price they feel is worth the product they're receiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.